Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

StayVancouverHotels is back and better than ever (back in 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 9:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

two changes now make the StayVancouverHotels offer much better;
- you get a full pre-paid visa card for each of the first two nights
- the reservations are refundable

from stayvancouverhotels.com:
Promo Code: VISA
The Deal:
Get a Visa Reward Card worth: $75, $100 or $125 for the first night AND another $75, $100, or $125 for the second night of your booking. PLUS a $50 Visa Reward card for each and every subsequent night booked, to a maximum stay of 5 nights total. Bookings under this promotion are cancellable up to 48 hours prior to check-in.
• Book through StayVancouverHotels.com using promo code “Visa”.
• Booking subsequent nights as separate reservations will be treated the same as a single reservation for multiple nights.
• The first night and second nights qualify for the full reward amount plus a $50 Visa Reward card per up to 3 subsequent nights.
• Three bookings maximum per person.
• Stay must be between now and September 15, 2020.
• Bookings are cancellable up to 48 hours before check-in date.
• Visa Reward card(s) will be delivered at check-in.
• Bookings can be made using VISA, MasterCard, or American Express.
• This offer is limited and may end at any time.
• Please note that hotel amenities & services may be limited. Please check with the hotel directly.
• StayVancouverHotels.com Terms & Conditions Apply.
NB: i'm seeing a problem with the prices displayed on the initial page. They are very low and then when you click on the "room rates" or "view & book" the prices go up. for example, i'll see the sheraton wall centre for $137 but when i click on it, it goes to $209. Regular rates on that hotel's website show $169 for those dates and sometimes i'll see that on the stayvancouverhotels website too but sometimes not. proceed with caution. i don't really have any need to go into vancouver in the next few months, especially with the restrictions in place, so i doubt that i'll take advantage of this offer for the time being.

something else to remember is that these nights seem to earn night and stay credits since they are booked through the hotel. that was my experience the last time at the sheraton wall centre and many people have confirmed that as well. again, proceed with caution as YMMV.
24left, boxo and Santander like this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Some good deals especially if you plan on changing hotels a bit and can get the money out of the gc's.

Didn't have the price jump problem but some properties seem to be more expensive than their published rates.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
So I just spent the BC Day long weekend in Vancouver using this promo. 2 nights at the Residence Inn Downtown, and then 2 nights at the Holiday Inn a couple blocks away. To be honest, the StayVancouverHotels site didn't inspire a lot of confidence, but the whole experience was very good, including canceling one night of my reservation by email. My effective nightly rate, ignoring taxes, was $69 at the Residence Inn and $53 at the Holiday Inn, which is just insane, especially for Vancouver in summer. Got stay credit with Marriott and IHG, too. I'll definitely be jumping on this again when it returns.

Thanks OP!
Old Oct 26, 2020, 12:43 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
If used on Fairmont reservations, you can settle the room using Life Experiences certificates and/or Fairmont gift cards, both of which can be bought with a bonus during sales. Then use the pre-paid visa gift card for other kind of spending outside of the hotel. So if you have a room for $200 which you pay in full with LE certs, the 20% bonus on those certs effectively becomes a 40% bonus and leave the hotel with the $100 visa pre-paid card in hand. And during a 3x points promo like now, since you earn points on the full amount it becomes more like a 6x points promo
Old Oct 18, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Stay Vancouver is back. https://www.stayvancouverhotels.com/...els/mastercard

Get up to $125 in Mastercard® pre-paid gift cards with a 1-night stay, or up to $250 in Mastercard ® pre-paid gift cards with a 2-night stay.

How to Get It:
1) Use the promo code “Mastercard”
2) Pick your dates
3) Select a hotel and room
4) Book your stay
5) You’re done!

The Details:
• Book through StayVancouverHotels.com using promo code “Mastercard”.
• Booking consecutive nights as separate reservations will be treated the same as a single reservation for multiple nights.
• The 1-night stay qualifies for a total of $50, $75, $100, or $125 in Mastercard® gift cards depending upon the hotel booked. For a two-night stay, both the first night and the second night qualifies for a $50, $75, $100, or $125 Mastercard® gift card depending on the hotel booked.
• Stay must be between October 17, 2022, and February 28, 2023
• Mastercard® gift card(s) will be delivered at check-in.
• Bookings can be made using VISA, MasterCard, or American Express.
• This offer is limited and may end at any time.
• Bookings may be canceled up to 48 hours prior to check-in.
• Maximum 3 bookings per guest
• StayVancouverHotels.com Terms & Conditions Apply.
Arsene Wenger and curlingfan like this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the post boxo. Seems like the promo is no longer valid. I'll have to act quickly next time!
Old Dec 31, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by curlingfan
Thanks for the post boxo. Seems like the promo is no longer valid. I'll have to act quickly next time!
Aww, sorry to hear this. Re-reading the terms, it does not state a 'book by' date, so I have no idea when it ended. Now that you've commented on this thread, you'll be alerted the next time it comes around.
curlingfan likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:56 pm

It's back! Just in time for MLK weekend!

https://www.stayvancouverhotels.com/...els/mastercard

curlingfan
boxo, Maple Red and curlingfan like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone have data points about receiving loyalty benefits (Marriott or Hyatt) on these stays? Wondering if I can still count on Club Lounge access etc. Are these seen as travel agency/direct bookings or third party like Expedia/etc?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:36 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Does anyone have data points about receiving loyalty benefits (Marriott or Hyatt) on these stays? Wondering if I can still count on Club Lounge access etc. Are these seen as travel agency/direct bookings or third party like Expedia/etc?
Back in 2020 when I used the promo extensively, all elite benefits were included.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska Gold MVP
Am I correct that the prepaid MasterCard will be in Canadian dollars?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by mikeyyz
These are booked directly with the hotel, so you will be eligible for loyalty benefits and points. You may need to call/email the hotel to get your loyalty # added. I've had no problem with Marriott or IHG stays posting using this promo 4 times, including last weekend at the Metropolitan (Marriott).

Originally Posted by iamjwk
Yes.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by iamjwk
Yes, it will be in CAD.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:20 am

Can you use the Visa card in the U.S.?
Old Apr 18, 2023, 5:35 pm

Thanks for this! Appreciate it. It can be really tough to find hotel deals online. I was just reading some news articles, and it seems like some hotels there are hiding fees and charges, which can make it hard to compare prices and figure out what you're really paying for. I also saw that some popular booking sites like Expedia have been criticized for their pricing practices, like showing misleading discounts and not being upfront about fees. It's frustrating, but I think it's important to be careful and read everything carefully before booking. Regardless I appreciate you posting this. Haven’t used you guys before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.