FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1997188-black-friday-cyber-monday-2019-a.html)

SinglePapa2 Nov 27, 2019 7:09 am

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2019

Tends to be top discount of the year! What are some of the rocking deals?

waver99 Nov 27, 2019 1:16 pm

Expedia black fri deals

Anyone know what would be the list of hotels going for 75% off? Can't find the list anywhere.

TIA!

BenSenise Nov 27, 2019 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by waver99 (Post 31783276)
Anyone know what would be the list of hotels going for 75% off? Can't find the list anywhere.

TIA!

i believe it will all be released on black friday

frank_10b Nov 28, 2019 12:03 am

Well there is this one,
https://extremehoteldeals.com/black-...-cyber-monday/
but I guess more if you have the premium service.
Anyone here have the premium service? How is it?

travelbug2225 Nov 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Chain hotels will not qualify for the discount.

boxo Nov 28, 2019 11:48 pm

Various Xanterra discounts and travel periods for anyone planning to go to Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Zion, or Death Valley, plus their other outfits such as Windstar Cruises: https://www.xanterra.com/thankful/

Terms & Conditions

*Yellowstone reservations are online-only Black Friday, November 29, through Cyber Monday, December 2, 2019. The call center will be open to answer questions on Cyber Monday, December 2, 2019 ONLY.

**Holiday Vacations reservations are call-only Black Friday, November 29, through November 30, 2019 and on Cyber Monday, December 2, 2019. The call center will be CLOSED on Sunday, December 1.

Inferno Nov 29, 2019 1:52 am

Aparently Expedia coupons this time not applicable if you are in another country (physically)

cfischer Nov 29, 2019 7:47 am

Originally Posted by travelbug2225 (Post 31786014)
Chain hotels will not qualify for the discount.

not entirely true. There is a Westin in Toronto and the Fairmont and a Marriott hotel in NYC. So they do exist, but they are rare. Will be some nice BRG opportunities today.

SinglePapa2 Nov 29, 2019 10:07 am

before anyone could see code:

75% Off Select Hotels with App Coupon

Very limited quantity, while supplies last. Terms apply.

All Coupons Claimed

Pcsl Nov 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Inferno (Post 31787016)
Aparently Expedia coupons this time not applicable if you are in another country (physically)

I couldn't even apply them on my own country due to not agreeing the terms and conditions even if they did. I really dislike this security measure they added as prevent even legit users to book.

travelbug2225 Nov 29, 2019 4:05 pm

Anyone know if the coupon code only apply to USA only. I try to apply them to hotel in Japan and non of them work. I have the other code for 15% off which work with these hotels. But when I try to use the 75% off coupon today it did not go through.

Philip Austin Nov 30, 2019 6:56 am

Not a hotel deal but if someone is traveling abroad then it can be useful for that person, as they can access any region content while traveling with a VPN, PureVPN is offering 88% discount on its 5 years subscription.

Cat88L3 Nov 30, 2019 10:26 am

Originally Posted by travelbug2225 (Post 31788715)
Anyone know if the coupon code only apply to USA only. I try to apply them to hotel in Japan and non of them work. I have the other code for 15% off which work with these hotels. But when I try to use the 75% off coupon today it did not go through.

The Expedia coupon for 75% off was extremely disappointing. Would not work. I tried on them on the UK and Canadian sites as well. Completely different from last year. They restricted hotels that wasn't even on the excluded list, smh.

klanfa Nov 30, 2019 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3 (Post 31790423)
The Expedia coupon for 75% off was extremely disappointing. Would not work. I tried on them on the UK and Canadian sites as well. Completely different from last year. They restricted hotels that wasn't even on the excluded list, smh.

I think the issue was that all the coupons were redeemed when you tried applying the coupon. Mine was successfully applied at first, purchase didn't go through, and after that I'd get the "not valid for this hotel" message.
I agree, it was very disappointing - I'd guess that they decreased the number of coupons this year.

Cat88L3 Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by klanfa (Post 31790531)
I think the issue was that all the coupons were redeemed when you tried applying the coupon. Mine was successfully applied at first, purchase didn't go through, and after that I'd get the "not valid for this hotel" message.
I agree, it was very disappointing - I'd guess that they decreased the number of coupons this year.

I made sure that I was on the app 2 minutes before showtime, lol. I had everything set up and was at checkout when the clock struck. I think they definitely decreased the coupon redemptions, but I also think they excluded hotels that wasn't on the official list.