Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Discover card cash back redemption $37 for $25 gas + $50 Travelocity Hotel Certificat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discover card cash back redemption $37 for $25 gas + $50 Travelocity Hotel Certificat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

If you have discover card cash back balance, you can redeem $37 for $25 shell gas card + $50 Travelocity Hotel Certificate on discovercard.com

Limited-time offer!

Use your Cashback Bonus and hit the road with a $25 Shell gift card and $50 Travelocity Hotel Certificate for only $37. Redeem as much or as little Cashback Bonus as you like and put the rest on your Discover card.

This Gas & Travel Deal includes:

- (1) $25 Shell gift card that can be used at over 14,000 stations nationwide
- (1) $50 Travelocity Hotel Certificate valid toward online reservations at over 70,000 hotels worldwide at www.TravelocityIncentives.com (see booking rules in Offer Terms)

Offer Terms
Shell Gift Card
Shell Gift Card can be used only for purchases of goods and services at Shell locations in the U.S., except territories. If Card balance falls below one dollar, pay at the pump may not be possible, in which case contact the station cashier to access balance or call the number printed on the card for assistance. This Card cannot be redeemed for cash and no change will be given, except where required by law. Except in certain circumstances, the value on this Card will not be replaced if the Card is lost, stolen, or destroyed. For questions regarding your Shell Gift Card, visit www.shell.us/giftcard, or call 1-800-300-8113.

Travelocity Hotel Gift Card
• Valid for hotel reservations only at www.TravelocityIncentives.com®
• Minimum two-night stay required
• Requires a minimum booking of $150 before taxes
• Limit one code per reservation
• Cannot be combined with other offers
• Promotional value ($38.00) expires March 31, 2013. Value paid ($25 Shell Card and $12.00 Travelocity Hotel Certificate) does not expire. Please see website for full terms and conditions
• Travelocity®, Stars Design, Roaming Gnome, and design are trademarks of Travelocity.com LP and are used by license.
• Questions? Contact us at 877-427-7473 or by email at [email protected]
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Another use of Discovercard bonus is the redeem $40, obtain $100 Hyatt cert!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:30 am

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by jan_believes
How?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:37 pm

Did you get the Travelocity gift certificate by email?

Last edited by jasonz9238; Aug 16, 2012 at 4:45 pm
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Originally Posted by jasonz9238
Did you get the Travelocity gift certificate by email?
They are not travelocity gift certificates they are travelocity incentives gift certs and it is a big difference
Old Aug 17, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by darben
They are not travelocity gift certificates they are travelocity incentives gift certs and it is a big difference
This.

You have to book through the Travelocity Incentives site, which generally has higher priced hotels than Travelocity. So a $50.00 voucher is worth roughly $30.00 in savings with no points earned. There are also strings attached. (I.E. Have to book for 2 consecutive nights at the same hotel) I've used them twice: Once in Alexandria, VA at a Best Western since we didn't want to pay D.C. prices on a family trip and once at the Fontainebleu in South Beach Miami because you don't earn points there.

Personally, I think the $40.00 car rental certificates for $20.00 are the best deal of the travel lot.

But, the deal the OP posted is nice. $3.00 off the normal redemption and a free $25.00 gas card is good.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
If you have discover card cash back balance, you can redeem $37 for $25 shell gas card + $50 Travelocity Hotel Certificate on discovercard.com

Limited-time offer!

Use your Cashback Bonus and hit the road with a $25 Shell gift card and $50 Travelocity Hotel Certificate for only $37. Redeem as much or as little Cashback Bonus as you like and put the rest on your Discover card.

This Gas & Travel Deal includes:

- (1) $25 Shell gift card that can be used at over 14,000 stations nationwide
- (1) $50 Travelocity Hotel Certificate valid toward online reservations at over 70,000 hotels worldwide at www.TravelocityIncentives.com (see booking rules in Offer Terms)

Offer Terms
Shell Gift Card
Shell Gift Card can be used only for purchases of goods and services at Shell locations in the U.S., except territories. If Card balance falls below one dollar, pay at the pump may not be possible, in which case contact the station cashier to access balance or call the number printed on the card for assistance. This Card cannot be redeemed for cash and no change will be given, except where required by law. Except in certain circumstances, the value on this Card will not be replaced if the Card is lost, stolen, or destroyed. For questions regarding your Shell Gift Card, visit www.shell.us/giftcard, or call 1-800-300-8113.

Travelocity Hotel Gift Card
• Valid for hotel reservations only at www.TravelocityIncentives.com®
• Minimum two-night stay required
• Requires a minimum booking of $150 before taxes
• Limit one code per reservation
• Cannot be combined with other offers
• Promotional value ($38.00) expires March 31, 2013. Value paid ($25 Shell Card and $12.00 Travelocity Hotel Certificate) does not expire. Please see website for full terms and conditions
• Travelocity®, Stars Design, Roaming Gnome, and design are trademarks of Travelocity.com LP and are used by license.
• Questions? Contact us at 877-427-7473 or by email at [email protected]
so it seems you do not need to redeem the cashback bonus, you can purchase it with the discover card directly?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by spankytoes
Personally, I think the $40.00 car rental certificates for $20.00 are the best deal of the travel lot.
You can easily find a $20 off coupon by browsing the internet. No need to buy one.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
You can easily find a $20 off coupon by browsing the internet. No need to buy one.
For enterprise while booking I had used the 15% off coupon and then while paying I payed the first 40$ with this discover certificate and the rest with credit card.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:18 pm

You can add the coupon and THEN use the voucher for $60.00 worth of savings. I do this often.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:46 pm
Suspended

You can add the coupon and THEN use the voucher for $60.00 worth of savings. I do this often.
You mean $40 worth of savings:

Online $20 coupon. Price $0.
Discover $40 Voucher. Price $20.
Total discounts: $60. Total cost: $20. Final savings: $40.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:32 pm

I guess you could label a redemption as $20
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:43 pm
Suspended

I guess you could label a redemption as $20
Indeed, as you could redeem for cash instead of a voucher. Said differently, by redeeming for a voucher you lost $20 that could have been redeemed for cash.

Example: car rental is $40 and you have $20 worth of Discover points. You redeem all points for a voucher. Result is, the car is free and your point balance is zero. Alternatively, you could redeem all points for $20 cash and use it to rent the car with another $20 out of pocket.
The difference between the first choice and second choice is the $20 out of pocket, which by definition is the intrinsic savings of the voucher.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Aug 20, 2012 at 9:00 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl

Are there are any restrictions with Enterprise? I know with Hertz or Avis there is only 1 field for a discount code, so you could use 2.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG
Quote:

Originally Posted by jan_believes

How?

I got the Hyatt certificate from Discover. You just go through their list of cashback opportunities and get it. But I ended up not using it. I'm a senior and the rates can't be combined. So at the hotel where I wanted to use it, the senior rate for 2 nights was less than the regular rate minus the $100. But I've used my cash back on the Best Western travel cards for the past couple of years. You get a $50 card for $45. This gets the cost of a Best Western room down to the Priceline level and I get points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.