FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Ritz Carlton Hong Kong EUR 214 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1373016-ritz-carlton-hong-kong-eur-214-a.html)

MightyTravels Aug 1, 2012 10:38 pm

Ritz Carlton Hong Kong EUR 214

That's not a mistake deal but still about 60% off ritzcarlton.com. I saw prices in January 2013 but there may be more dates.

Bookable at http://www.le-voyage.com

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels/1202113-ritz-carlton-hong-kong.html

justforfun Aug 1, 2012 11:02 pm

It's too good to be true, unfortunately. When you check your reservation on ritzcarlton.com, it shows it's for The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, not Hong Kong!

patchan8984 Aug 1, 2012 11:10 pm

That is probably why it shows CNY...

philosophy_king Aug 2, 2012 12:22 am

Ritz-Carlton Shenzhen?!?! :rolleyes: :)

MightyTravels Aug 2, 2012 12:28 am

Originally Posted by justforfun (Post 19044657)
It's too good to be true, unfortunately. When you check your reservation on ritzcarlton.com, it shows it's for The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, not Hong Kong!

Did you make the booking on the site? They may honor it?

maclover Aug 2, 2012 7:08 am

I booked it too for 2 nights

Let's see if it is going to work

FlyingDoctorwu Aug 2, 2012 8:13 am

Hmmm well I booked a club room.. 290 euros..

What the heck...

FDW

lcpteck Aug 2, 2012 8:24 am

Booked a room as well for next weekend since I'll be there...

patchan8984 Aug 2, 2012 8:35 am

Same here...the club rate looks like an awesome deal :D

lcpteck Aug 2, 2012 9:21 pm

Strange, did not receive any reservation confirmation email till now... Maybe it's not legit...?

FlyingDoctorwu Aug 2, 2012 9:25 pm

when i look up my rez on Ritzcarlton.com, it also references the RC Shenzen.....

hmmm

FDW

jef7 Aug 2, 2012 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 19050651)
when i look up my rez on Ritzcarlton.com, it also references the RC Shenzen.....

hmmm

FDW

What a shame if this truly is the case. This is a phenomenal hotel and would be a dream for this price.

theworld Aug 2, 2012 10:29 pm

Stayed at the RC Shenzen, its actually quite nice, but not worth it for 214 Euros.

mattyb2233 Aug 2, 2012 10:30 pm

darn. I was legitimately about to book a trip.

Hosserunda Aug 2, 2012 10:40 pm

Seems like this is a new kind of "error rate". What will happen if you show up at the hotel with the reservation, incl. screen shots and so son?

tomy77 Aug 2, 2012 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 19050651)

hmmm

FDW

I can't even look up my rez.
I tried both #. Confirmation number, which is all digits, and the booking request ref HBR. None shows up when i look up my rez on rc.

maclover Aug 3, 2012 1:42 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 19050631)
Strange, did not receive any reservation confirmation email till now... Maybe it's not legit...?

Originally Posted by tomy77 (Post 19050918)
I can't even look up my rez.
I tried both #. Confirmation number, which is all digits, and the booking request ref HBR. None shows up when i look up my rez on rc.

Exactly my situation: didn't receive any confirmation (but I have a screen print) and can't access my reservation on RC.com

My reservation is for the end of August, then I guess I'll know something more from the FTer staying there next week :)

Weird situation though

lcpteck Aug 3, 2012 1:46 am

My screenprint is at home, let me check the reservation on the RC website when I'm back.

qni Aug 3, 2012 2:19 am

OMG.
my reservation is gone...
i could still see it last night on RC...

SK AAR Aug 3, 2012 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Hosserunda (Post 19050896)
Seems like this is a new kind of "error rate". What will happen if you show up at the hotel with the reservation, incl. screen shots and so son?

You have not made the booking on hotel web-page so I assume RC will deny that you have any reservations in HKG (which is true) and refer you to sort this out with the travel agent you booked with. There is no error on the part of RC, so I dont expect them to honor this just because the agent made a mistake...

tomy77 Aug 3, 2012 6:41 am

Originally Posted by maclover (Post 19051350)
Exactly my situation: didn't receive any confirmation (but I have a screen print) and can't access my reservation on RC.com

My reservation is for the end of August, then I guess I'll know something more from the FTer staying there next week :)

Weird situation though

Okay, my reservation shows. Apparently my last name/first name got flipped.
And it does show RC Shenzen.

So what's the next step? Just cancel? Or ask le-voyage to honor this?

FlyingDoctorwu Aug 3, 2012 7:14 am

I just received a cancellation from le voyage.. which I didn't request...

no apologies, no nothing... just canceled.. worse than United...

FDW

maclover Aug 3, 2012 7:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 19052255)
I just received a cancellation from le voyage.. which I didn't request...

no apologies, no nothing... just canceled.. worse than United...

FDW

Me too... I wasn't expecting this to be honored but yet an error acknowledgment would have been nice.

patchan8984 Aug 3, 2012 9:08 am

Yep, I received a confimration email from an agent, then a followup cancellation from ANOTHER agent...very concise and rather cold..but its not like the DOT can protet us here :-:

lcpteck Aug 3, 2012 7:00 pm

Yep, mine got cancelled as while, here's the reply after emailing to to them about the status.

Due to a mistake in our online reservation system (Galileo) we found out that your booking has been initially sent to The Ritz Carlton Shenzhen instead of the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong International Commerce Centre.
We apologize for the mistake, your reservation has been cancelled without penalties.

So it's a no go....

FlyingDoctorwu Aug 5, 2012 7:12 am

I just got an email from le voyage offering me a "preferential" rate of 5900 hkd for my dates of travel for club deluxe which is the exact same rate on rc.com.

615 euros vs 290?

Thanks so much. I'll be sure to sen a lot of business your way.

FDW

tomy77 Aug 5, 2012 7:14 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 19056144)
Yep, mine got cancelled as while, here's the reply after emailing to to them about the status.

Due to a mistake in our online reservation system (Galileo) we found out that your booking has been initially sent to The Ritz Carlton Shenzhen instead of the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong International Commerce Centre.
We apologize for the mistake, your reservation has been cancelled without penalties.

So it's a no go....

Mine too. Same exact email.
I asked them if they could honor the old rate.
See if they response. Doubt they'll agree :)

lcpteck Aug 5, 2012 8:29 am

Same here, guess I'll stick with Sheraton/Hilton.

yerffej201 Aug 9, 2012 8:58 pm

Can someone please mark [expired]?