Seoul 5* Mystery Hotel $129

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive

Title says it all, curious as to which hotel it is. What throws me off the most is the free parking, a rarity anywhere in Asia!

This is directly off of Asia Web Direct website http://www.asiawebdirect.com/south-k...central-seoul/
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
TripAdvisor lists over 40 hotels in Seoul with "free parking," 13 of which are "5*" hotels.

I don't know how accurate TripAdvisor's designations are, but you can go to TripAdvisor's list of hotels in Seoul and filter based on the above criteria and see if it could be one of those.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: Skyteam
5 stars are running well over $200 range on hotel.com
Even at 4.5 stars, $129 is a good deal.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:47 am

Because it says Jung-gu, I'd narrow it down to Lotte Seoul or Plaza. It says shuttle service, which the Plaza doesn't offer. If it's Lotte, this is a great price.

For a few dates I was looking for, the price was higher: $176
Old Aug 10, 2012, 5:00 am

Thx OP for posting! I just booked it and it's actually the Grand Ambassador (Pullman).

Price comes out to $149 all in/night. While this sounds fantastic, I see that you can book on other sites for another $20~$30 extra per night. Good savings. I'm guessing their occupancy is a bit low, as this hotel is the only *5 that's priced anywhere near $200/night.

If you're thinking of staying here, FYI, there's not much to do in the immediate vicinity. It's a short hop on the taxi or the subway (located nearby) to Itaewon (expat area) and dongdaemun (shopping area), so it's not a bad spot if you're looking for a bit of respite from the crowd.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by watewate
Thx OP for posting! I just booked it and it's actually the Grand Ambassador (Pullman).

Price comes out to $149 all in/night. While this sounds fantastic, I see that you can book on other sites for another $20~$30 extra per night. Good savings. I'm guessing their occupancy is a bit low, as this hotel is the only *5 that's priced anywhere near $200/night.

If you're thinking of staying here, FYI, there's not much to do in the immediate vicinity. It's a short hop on the taxi or the subway (located nearby) to Itaewon (expat area) and dongdaemun (shopping area), so it's not a bad spot if you're looking for a bit of respite from the crowd.
I've stayed there and it's a decent location I think. But yeah, everything is a bit of a walk (15 mins or so). I liked the hotel and didn't mind the location. I also got a much cheaper rate 2 years ago ($90/nt I think) with one of the Accor sales. 15 min walk to Chungmoro/Namsangol Hanok village and also 15 mins to one of the markets (Namdaemun or Dongdaemun - can't remember which). Or just take the metro from Dongguk University station anywhere. It's fast, cheap and convenient. They have signs in English and volunteers who speak English. I didn't go to Itaewon since I had no desire to go to an American area in Korea.

Seoul is one of the most tourist friendly cities I've been to and I highly recommend it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.