Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel with kitchen?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Hotel with kitchen?

I want to stay in a hotel in HK or Guangzhou with a real kitchen for about a week. I actually would like to use it and entertain my family while I'm in HK. Any recommendation?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Depending on your budget, you may be able to get a hotel in Hong Kong with a kitchen/ette. Try using the search function at wotif.com and ticking the kitchen option - it comes up with a few alternatives both on the island and in Kowloon - including Langham Place and Harbour Plaza Metropolis. To entertain family, you would probably need a one-bedroom suite, since Hong Kong hotels are not known for their spaciousness.

Guangzhou is a two hour train ride from Hong Kong, is not really suitable if you want to entertain in Hong Kong.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The YWCA Garden View on - yes, Macdonnell Road - is another that has kitchenette in its suites, according to its website.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
The Residence suite at the Langham Place Hotel in Mongkok has a kitchenette so you might want to look into that. They also have some specials right now through August.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
apologies for bringing up such an old thread but i'm also looking for recommendations for hotels that have kitchens in the room....

any suggestions would be helpful....
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Newish Citadines in TST has kitchenettes and reasonable prices. (I've never stayed, though)
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Newish Citadines in TST has kitchenettes and reasonable prices. (I've never stayed, though)
thanks....this seems like a good option unfortunately i need 3 rooms & only 2 are available during my dates....
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Kowloon Harbourfront Hotel - then I'm out of options
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Kowloon Harbourfront Hotel - then I'm out of options
this looks promising....thanks....
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Keyser
thanks....this seems like a good option unfortunately i need 3 rooms & only 2 are available during my dates....
Just as a FYI, I have stayed in the Citadines Ashley in TST. Location great but the kitchenette is 1 small sink, 2 electric hot plates and the fridge was hopeless.

No bench space, rooms are HK standard size which means forget trying a dinner party for more than 3 people, you'll barely fit 4 take away boxes on the table provided.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
Just as a FYI, I have stayed in the Citadines Ashley in TST. Location great but the kitchenette is 1 small sink, 2 electric hot plates and the fridge was hopeless.

No bench space, rooms are HK standard size which means forget trying a dinner party for more than 3 people, you'll barely fit 4 take away boxes on the table provided.
thanks for the update....we have a bunch of small kids in our travel party so that is the main reason for the kitchenette....not looking to host any dinner parties....
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you need a kitchen in each of the three rooms or would a suite with a kitchen plus two additional rooms in the same hotel work? Also, if the concern is children in the group, would a hotel with lounge access for everyone work instead?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you need a kitchen in each of the three rooms or would a suite with a kitchen plus two additional rooms in the same hotel work?
a kitchen in one room & 2 regular rooms would work very well....which property do you have in mind????

Also, if the concern is children in the group, would a hotel with lounge access for everyone work instead?
nope....4 infants in the travel party including one who is under a year old....will definitely need the kitchen....
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you only need one kitchen, I would avoid something like Citadines where you're giving up a lot to get a kitchen in every room. You just need to find hotels that have one special suite with kitchen facilities and for this you might need to contact hotels individually.

You should also think about what's needed in the kitchen. Is a microwave sufficient or do you need a stovetop with (how many?) burners? Do you need an oven? Full size refrigerator or is a smaller one, even (empty) minibar sized, sufficient? Do you need a freezer and if so, how large? Dishwasher? What about cooking equipment, plates, and silverware?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you only need one kitchen, I would avoid something like Citadines where you're giving up a lot to get a kitchen in every room. You just need to find hotels that have one special suite with kitchen facilities and for this you might need to contact hotels individually.
why would you avoid citadines????the price seems reasonable & so does the location....getting a specialty suite may cost as much as 3 rooms at the citadines....

You should also think about what's needed in the kitchen. Is a microwave sufficient or do you need a stovetop with (how many?) burners? Do you need an oven? Full size refrigerator or is a smaller one, even (empty) minibar sized, sufficient? Do you need a freezer and if so, how large? Dishwasher? What about cooking equipment, plates, and silverware?
we need a burner, microwave, small refrigerator, cooking equipment, plates & silverware....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.