Wiki Posts
Search

Buy a Sony a6300 camera

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Buy a Sony a6300 camera

Hi guys!

Coming to Hong Kong soon and wanted to ask if you know about good shops that sell the a6300 from Sony? I looked at price website and it is about 5400 new price for the body only, if you have any websites that might not be covered there or just some favorite Sony equipled shops to just walk in, please let me know!

Also looking for classified ad websites other than carousel to check for used cameras!

Thanks,
Chris
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Here for trading etc: http://www.dcfever.com/trading/searc...ord=Sony+A6300

But it would help if you can read Chinese!

By "Price" you mean:
https://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=222608
https://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=230016
https://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=231294

(Again, Chinese helps, although the website structure can be put into English via the 2nd dropdown from the right on the menu bar at the top).
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Chris1984
Also looking for classified ad websites other than carousel to check for used cameras!
Not sure about shops, personally I would probably just go to Wan Chai CC.

asiaxpat is pretty popular for used goods around here. Often good deals as ppl are leaving HK and want to get rid of whatever they can't bring along. Not sure about cameras in particular though.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, both dont have the a6300 sadly .(
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:33 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Eh? I thought you wanted to buy one? The price.com.hk links above are to all the shops that sell them in HK with their best offers.

And I see several links on dcfever to people selling their A6300, for example:
http://www.dcfever.com/trading/view.php?itemID=5805672
Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:36 pm

Many many of those places on price.com aren't so much real shops but dealers of various sorts operating out of small offices on upper floors of commercial buildings you'll have trouble finding if you're not familiar with Hong Kong.

They often deal in parallel imports, demos, open-box goods and such.

And the listed prices, even when shown as updated yesterday, can't always be taken as reliable. More importantly, the listings often show goods that aren't actually in stock. You've always got to call and ask about availability first. Sometimes there'll be availability, but you'll have to pay first and wait a few days for the stock to arrive.

Warranty is often just the shop's warranty.

Unless you're willing to save some money by taking some risk, I'd suggest steering clear of these places. Though they're probably a better bet than buying in TST!
allset2travel likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Yea thats why i was hoping to get some good tips about shops with good prices where i can walk in and check the product first! no one any suggestionns for Sony cameras?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:04 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
used cameras?

there is a or 2 reputable used camera shops next to this fast food shop in TST. the caveat is 1) i dont know if there are dodgy shops in the same "mall", and 2) i believe Sony frames dont have much of a liquid market.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

so "the caveat" and "sony frames" are the names of these 2 shops? just to double check thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:36 pm

It's a small Hong Kong-style arcade called Champagne Court, with several shops dealing in second-hand camera gear. Most is pre-digital. Maybe someone has just what you want, but not all that likely I'd think. You can Google "Champagne Court" for reviews of some of the shops.

A visit to Hong Kong is expensive. Myself, I wouldn't waste time running around trying to save a bit on some gadgets.

In any event, apart from this mall, DO NOT BUY CAMERA GEAR IN TSIM SHA TSUI.

(That's worth screaming.)
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Chris1984
so "the caveat" and "sony frames" are the names of these 2 shops? just to double check thanks!
negative. please see 889's post above.

if you dont buy under that roof (I did mean champaign court, also).
ONLY BUY CAMERAS AT FORTRESS or BROADWAY or CHUNG YUEN or the SONY FLAGSHIP STORE in OCEAN TERMINAL, the shopping mall by the star ferry/harbour.

yes, there's the screaming too. do NOT buy it at some whatever stores that is on the street whatever their name is. There are a few other Fortress and Broadway in TST but lets just head back to ocean terminal first.

Ocean Terminal: https://www.google.com.hk/maps/place....1687477?dcr=0
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The cheapest price for SONY camera in the world with full SONY OEM warranty is B&H in New York shipped to a state that doesn't charge tax on out of state purchase.

I have not bought any photo gear in HK since 1990's
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys! i pinned down all those places, sadly i cant get anything shipped from NY now since i need to camera urgently. Also checked herei n Chengdu now but they charge about 100US$ more than in Hong kong so ill get it there
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Ah and how about Sim city in mongkok?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka
negative. please see 889's post above.

if you dont buy under that roof (I did mean champaign court, also).
ONLY BUY CAMERAS AT FORTRESS or BROADWAY or CHUNG YUEN or the SONY FLAGSHIP STORE in OCEAN TERMINAL, the shopping mall by the star ferry/harbour.

yes, there's the screaming too. do NOT buy it at some whatever stores that is on the street whatever their name is. There are a few other Fortress and Broadway in TST but lets just head back to ocean terminal first.

Ocean Terminal: https://www.google.com.hk/maps/place....1687477?dcr=0
Just bought a new Sony A6300 from the Fortress! thanks again, it even has an international 1 year warranty that i can use in Germany. Will be very useful to resell it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.