Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Causeway Bay?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Causeway Bay?

Whats up! I am going to be arriving in Hong Kong at 9pm with a 12 hour stopover. After a quick hotel check in and bag drop, hopefully heading straight to Causeway Bay to meet some friend at Ichiran restaurant. Probably getting there around Midnight or 1am based on travel delays etc...

Whats the recommendations of other places to check out in the area of Causeway Bay? Specific bars? Or other sites that are open 24h? Is Victoria Park open at this time of night? Is it worth it at this time of night?

The other option is to head to Ichiran Tsim Sha Tsui. Would that be better? Especially since we will want to be out walking around at 2am-4am and want to be near places that are open 24h.

Trying to decide which neighborhood is best for walking around and checking out what we can in the limited amount of time that we have. Taking into consideration it will be the dead of night too...

Thanks for any advice!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Lockhart?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
As rather tersely noted by moondog, the only area of bars in HK open through 4am is along Lockhart Road in Wanchai (with the brothels interspersed between them). Obviously there are individual 24h restaurants elsewhere, and 7-Elevens everywhere, but if you want a load together then Lockhart is the only option. And even then, depending on what night of the week it is it may be pretty quiet by 4am - most of the bars have variable closing time depending simply on how many people are around. Friday or Saturday nights are busy all night. Monday not so much.

I can't imagine why Victoria Park would be an attraction to tourists at any time, never mind 4am!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: BA
If it's a Fri/Sat, bars in LKF will still be open.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by christep
I can't imagine why Victoria Park would be an attraction to tourists at any time, never mind 4am!
I hope OP meant Victoria PEAK (but of course it's not at Causeway Bay). Will need to take a taxi. Not sure if there are any waiting when you come back at 4 am.

I often go up late night but I make sure I don't miss the last bus or mini bus.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:36 am

Are you staying at a hotel near the airport or in town? If in town, personally I'd forget about trying to stay up all night. Unless you're interested in the types of places that moondog and christep were talking about, I think most bars start winding down ~2am.

If the hotel is not out of the way, you should be able to get into town before 11pm. Then you could have a late meal, a stroll and a drink, and then get a few hours of sleep before heading back to the airport.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
The victoria PARK is open at those hours and ull find teenagers in abundence in the park
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:21 am
Suspended

The other places that has people in abundence is mong kok.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by evergrn
Are you staying at a hotel near the airport or in town? If in town, personally I'd forget about trying to stay up all night. Unless you're interested in the types of places that moondog and christep were talking about, I think most bars start winding down ~2am.

If the hotel is not out of the way, you should be able to get into town before 11pm. Then you could have a late meal, a stroll and a drink, and then get a few hours of sleep before heading back to the airport.
i think op can do some people walking. Why must one be in an hotel at 3am?
I certainly went to tuna auction in tokyo one cuz i was jetlagged (for the record, i dont recommend it unless you didnt want to sleep)
Old May 4, 2017, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by kaka
i think op can do some people walking. Why must one be in an hotel at 3am?
I certainly went to tuna auction in tokyo one cuz i was jetlagged (for the record, i dont recommend it unless you didnt want to sleep)
Tuna auction would be fun.

I am not often up early on holidays but a few times I have been out at 5 am it is really fun seeing the city slowly wake up and get going for the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.