Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for comparison between Hyatt TST and Shangri La

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2011, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Looking for comparison between Hyatt TST and Shangri La

Hello all,

Looking at a 4 night stay and prices are comparable. Pros and cons of each? they appear close enough on the map - is location a factor (both offer harbor view rooms)? Other things to consider?

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
I have stayed at both, as recently as earlier this week at the Hyatt. The last time I stayed at the Shangri-la was about 2 years ago. If the price is close I would choose the Shangri-la. Larger rooms, just a generally better hotel. I would rate the Hyatt at 4 stars, the Shang at about 4.5.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:43 pm

I agre with MW147 -- Shangri-La is a better hotel. Also, the harbour views at the Shang are (mostly) much better than those at the Hyatt, as the Shang is directly on the harbour with no obstructions. Only caveat is that the buildings west of Central aren't visible from the Shang.

Advantages of the Hyatt are being closer to the MTR station, and being a newer property.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:07 pm

One thing about Shangri-La's across Asia is their consistently good service offered.

However, you may also want to check out the latest/newest/tallest Ritz Carlton HK. I will be paying a visit there soon.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Hyatt is a newer hotel in the K11 mall and in the same building as the Masterpiece apartments in TST whereas Shangri La is considered in TST East (they are within 5-10 minutes walking distance). The rooms at Shangri-La are a bit bigger but not all of them have Harbor views. Hyatt doesn't have too many Harbor rooms as they are farther away from the water. The Regency Club has some Harbor views as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.