Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
If you are looking for more than staying on property, I could not agree more. Conrad BB has the up on rooms, however the Moorea snorkeling is about as good as it gets. And the island has far more to offer than BB. If you plan on never leaving your room go to BB, if you want to explore a bit Moorea is easily the first choice.
I could not agree more. If you decide to stay some on Moorea consider switching to IHG. Much nicer than the Hilton.

TD
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

I could not agree more. If you decide to stay some on Moorea consider switching to IHG. Much nicer than the Hilton.

TD
I have Diamond status with Hilton and has zero status with IHG and no award nights is available with IHG.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by frenchie2
I have Diamond status with Hilton and has zero status with IHG and no award nights is available with IHG.
Then go to Conrad for the entire trip. Hilton Moorea is a hole compared to the Conrad.

TD
Old Jul 4, 2019, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Then go to Conrad for the entire trip. Hilton Moorea is a hole compared to the Conrad.
I completely disagree with you on this. If I ever return to French Polynesia (for a 3rd trip) I would not return to the Conrad (perhaps not Bora Bora at all, but if I did return it would not be to the Conrad) and I’m lifetime Diamond status with Hilton. I’ve stayed at the Hilton property twice (once when it was Sheraton) and I would definitely return to that resort.

I agree that the physical room is much nicer at the Conrad Bora Bora than Hilton Moorea (and the Moorea property is still nice). But, in my opinion, EVERYTHING else is better at the Moorea property. That includes view (unless you are in like 1 of 3 bungalows in entire resort of the Conrad), snorkeling, activities, staff friendliness and attentiveness, etc... The lagoon is just so much nicer at the Moorea property and you’re not trapped there. In addition, the Hilton Moorea treats you WAY better and actually recognizes status.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:04 am

Question about Nor1/eStandby upgrades. Is tax later added to that price? A Nor1 upgrade to King OWV is 25,900 XPF, a guaranteed upgrade is 40,000. The hotel told me there are no taxes added to the 40k, so I want to know if I’m comparing apples to apples.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by gvaughn

FYI on our stay (June 2029) internet was abysmally slow. Another couple we ran into multiple times said the same thing. I’m not sure if we got the “premium“ as Diamond (though we were supposed to). I could not see anyway to tell what we got. But can tell you it was the worst internet speeds I’ve experienced at any Hilton property world wide. We stayed 6 nights and would say it was fairly consistently poor all days. On occasion it would work. 5-10 mins later, didn’t seem to work at all. Highly unreliable and slow...
Same! We stayed in mid-June in one of the garden villas and my goodness, internet was so slow. I didnt check speed but experienced the same thing where it works one minute and then the next it would stop even though it was showing connected.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by travelbugging
Same! We stayed in mid-June in one of the garden villas and my goodness, internet was so slow. I didnt check speed but experienced the same thing where it works one minute and then the next it would stop even though it was showing connected.
Hmmm, what to do in Boring Boring without internet? Sounds terrible. (I think it is one of the greatest things to be there without internet...)

By the way, if anyone is in Bora Bora at the moment, could you please let me know the current Air Tahiti fares PPT-BOB booked from within French Polynesia (the 10kg fares)? Last year we used them and paid about half of the overseas fares (with 23kg) I can see this year.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by DUflyer
By the way, if anyone is in Bora Bora at the moment, could you please let me know the current Air Tahiti fares PPT-BOB booked from within French Polynesia (the 10kg fares)? Last year we used them and paid about half of the overseas fares (with 23kg) I can see this year.
Yes, they are still in place - at least as of May of this year.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by gvaughn

I completely disagree with you on this. If I ever return to French Polynesia (for a 3rd trip) I would not return to the Conrad (perhaps not Bora Bora at all, but if I did return it would not be to the Conrad) and I’m lifetime Diamond status with Hilton. I’ve stayed at the Hilton property twice (once when it was Sheraton) and I would definitely return to that resort.

I agree that the physical room is much nicer at the Conrad Bora Bora than Hilton Moorea (and the Moorea property is still nice). But, in my opinion, EVERYTHING else is better at the Moorea property. That includes view (unless you are in like 1 of 3 bungalows in entire resort of the Conrad), snorkeling, activities, staff friendliness and attentiveness, etc... The lagoon is just so much nicer at the Moorea property and you’re not trapped there. In addition, the Hilton Moorea treats you WAY better and actually recognizes status.

I think that we have to appreciate that service in French Polynesia can be a bit erratic. I got stereo-typically grumpy and unreliable treatment all round at the Hilton Moorea and little Diamond benefit except for some free alcohol (which ended up not being what I was told it was in the first place meaning I had to pay extra for what I'd ordered anyways). Obviously Moorea's view is spectacular (arguably better than Bora Bora's), but in every other way it felt more of a 3-4* type experience compared to Conrad Bora Bora's really very good service (the 6-category Diamond upgrade didn't hurt either). Snorkelling is very good at both resorts, though Moorea does win out because of the better lagoon life overall.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
False alarm, they were 2 weeks late but now the entire first half of June 2020 just became available, points or cash.
New month, same situation it seems, nothing available for July 2020, paid or otherwise
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by jmfly
New month, same situation it seems, nothing available for July 2020, paid or otherwise
It is available every day July 1 to July 14, 2020 at this moment, at 89K per night
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:28 pm

I am so excited! I got 3 business class seats on Air France for 73,500 miles each, the exact day I wanted for end of June 2020! It lined up perfectly with my 7 night booking at Conrad followed by 5 nights at Hilton Moorea. Now I need to find flights to get us over there, hopefully using miles!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 6:46 am

It is available every day July 1 to July 14, 2020 at this moment, at 89K per night

THANK YOU!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:04 am

Finally!
Just booked 6 nights in July
I have been watching availability for well over a year now.

One warning to anyone looking - this is the second month in a row they have waited to release rooms until the middle of the month. Seems there was never a time to book across the end of the month (eg June 29 - July 4). The first few days of June never really opened either.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Looks like they've released even more award space since yesterday afternoon.

On a related note, I had a single night reservation which I had booked at the 80k/nt rate, and I needed to move that reservation to another date. There was availability for the new date that I wanted, but of course now the base award rate is 89k/nt. The phone rep was able to make my requested change without charging me the extra 9k hilton points, which was nice.

Separately it appears that the night released either did not return to inventory or was quickly snapped up.

EDIT: I ended up getting charged the 9k difference in points after all. The phone rep just didn't make any mention of it, and there was about a 24 hour lag after receipt of confirmation before the points were actually deducted.

Last edited by wlp07; Jul 19, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.