Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Yes we stopped over there for less than one hour during a shark & stingray tour. I did not know it was owned by Conrad especially since the tour was provided by a third party and picked up guests at various hotels, not only Conrad.
Who did you book the tour with and was one hour enough? Would you have wanted more time to spend there?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:03 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by sunshine213
Who did you book the tour with and was one hour enough? Would you have wanted more time to spend there?
We booked the tour with Conrad concierge and I do not remember which company they use. The tour was half day or full day; for clarification purposes when I said one hour in Motu Tapu I meant that it was just a brief stop on Motu Tapu during our tour ; the island was not the focus of our tour at all. We stopped at various places in the lagoon for stingrays, sharks, or snorkeling during the day, all around Bora Bora. The stop at Motu Tapu was mostly for people to go to the bathroom. That said, yes one hour on the island was enough for us to walk around and take pictures and I would not have wanted to stay there longer - I was glad to go back on the water for more snorkeling and exploring.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:58 am

Anyone know a contact email? I emailed [email protected] and [email protected] and haven't gotten any responses.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by sunshine213
Anyone know a contact email? I emailed [email protected] and [email protected] and haven't gotten any responses.
Hi sunshine213, [email protected] is the email I used for my inquiries re my booking. It usually takes them 2-3 days to come back. You can try [email protected] which is the email they used to reply to me.
Old May 6, 2019, 5:54 am

We are planning a trip to Bora bora next year. Which airport do we fly into? BOB or PPT? And from there, what are our options to get to Conrad? Are we limited to what the hotel provides?
Old May 6, 2019, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by WorldTraveler1752
We are planning a trip to Bora bora next year. Which airport do we fly into? BOB or PPT? And from there, what are our options to get to Conrad? Are we limited to what the hotel provides?
You will arrive in PPT from your international flight and take a commuter flight to BOB. This thread already has a long list of information to your immediate questions. And even more information for future questions. It is long, but going back at least a year will be very helpful/informative to help you plan your trip.

TD
Old May 6, 2019, 7:44 am

Please do some research (like reading this thread) before asking a basic question like that.

But to answer your question, the only airport for Bora Bora is BOB. It is only served by one airline (Air Tahiti) which flies from Tahiti (PPT).
Once you get to BOB airport, you have two options 1) take the Conrad shuttle boat to their island or 2) arrange your own boat-transfers. 99% of Bora Bora visitors use the hotel shuttle boats - you'll see boats for Conrad, Le Meridien, Four Seasons, St Regis, etc all lined up at BOB airport
Old May 6, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Softwizard
Please do some research (like reading this thread) before asking a basic question like that.

But to answer your question, the only airport for Bora Bora is BOB. It is only served by one airline (Air Tahiti) which flies from Tahiti (PPT).
Once you get to BOB airport, you have two options 1) take the Conrad shuttle boat to their island or 2) arrange your own boat-transfers. 99% of Bora Bora visitors use the hotel shuttle boats - you'll see boats for Conrad, Le Meridien, Four Seasons, St Regis, etc all lined up at BOB airport
There is a free shuttle from BOB airport to BB mainland. From there you can take a taxi to your hotels dock and use their free (usually) transport to the hotel. I have never done that before, because I find that too annoying. Many people like it as an option to stock up on supplies in town to save on food costs at their resort. I do believe the hotels will take your luggage at the airport for free so you don’t need to deal with all that when you go to town.

But again, have never done that so if others have different information please correct my errors.

TD
Old May 6, 2019, 9:13 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Softwizard
Plus a third option, to take the Air Tahiti boat to Vaitape, and from there, the boat to Conrad.

Review in post #564 contains some information you need, in section "Location"
Old May 6, 2019, 10:30 pm

Has anyone had any luck in negotiating down the confirmed upgrade rates that are offered before arrival via email, or are the quoted prices firm? Thanks!
Old May 6, 2019, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by snug
Has anyone had any luck in negotiating down the confirmed upgrade rates that are offered before arrival via email, or are the quoted prices firm? Thanks!
All about supply and demand. But I have found them willing to negotiate. Review this thread for the best prices posted by others. The hotels know what they have given in the past. You tell them “I know a guy who got this rate” and they usually match it....at least that has been my experience.

TD
Old May 7, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

All about supply and demand. But I have found them willing to negotiate. Review this thread for the best prices posted by others. The hotels know what they have given in the past. You tell them “I know a guy who got this rate” and they usually match it....at least that has been my experience.

TD
Thanks. I want the Royal and don’t mind paying for the upgrade (still thousands in savings in my book). I actually think I was offered a fair price as I’m not seeing anything cheaper quoted on this thread in recent history. Here were my offers:

King Overwater Villa at the rate of XPF 40,000 per night
King Pool Overwater Villa at the rate of 65,000 XPF per night
Royal Pool Overwater Villa at XPF 100,000 per night

This is for March of 2020. Has anyone received a better offer than XPF 100,000 for a Royal in recent history?

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2019, 8:44 am

Received the same quote for a stay in May 2019 without asking for it. Seems to be the standard offering:
Should you wish to guarantee an advance upgrade, we are pleased to make a very special offer to go from the standard room to a beautiful King Overwater Villa at the rate of XPF 40,000 per night, to the wonderful King Pool Overwater Villa at the rate of 65,000 XPF per night and to the fabulous end-of-pontoon Royal Pool Overwater Villa (with unobstructed infinity view) at XPF 100,000 per night.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by snug

Thanks. I want the Royal and don’t mind paying for the upgrade (still thousands in savings in my book). I actually think I was offered a fair price as I’m not seeing anything cheaper quoted on this thread in recent history. Here were my offers:

King Overwater Villa at the rate of XPF 40,000 per night
King Pool Overwater Villa at the rate of 65,000 XPF per night
Royal Pool Overwater Villa at XPF 100,000 per night

This is for March of 2020. Has anyone received a better offer than XPF 100,000 for a Royal in recent history?

Thanks!
We stayed July 2018 in the Royal. Were also quoted 100K at first. I asked if that was the last/best offer. They came back with 95000XPF. I took it.

I agree with OP. I consider that price a huge "savings". To get a $4000 a night room (not that I pay $4000 a night for a room) for $1000 + points + free nights is a deal in my book. When we go back I will get the same room...hopefully. I say hopefully since we were in 107. If you ever see pictures advertising Conrad BB they usually have a shot from the deck off 107. I did not know that till we walked outside and looked toward the mountain. Amazing! From 107 you get a great mountain view and ocean view. We had an opportunity to spend a couple nights in the Presidential and passed. We liked Royal 107 too much! Now with that said, if 107 was taken the only other Royal faces the arrival dock. Much less private. No mountain view. So I am not sure what my review of that room would look like. Though I know we would have bumped up to the Presidential if offered.

TD
Old May 7, 2019, 11:15 pm

Considering a stay here for the family (parents, me (21), little brother (10)) - anyone know if they’ll let us stay in one room? Myself and 1 parent are HH Gold but doubt that’ll make a difference.

Willing to pay to upgrade to a room that would fit us - can anyone weigh in how much this would potentially cost? Will likely try to go in July/August since brother in school.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.