Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by noddie09
Thanks TD - The Conrad Bora Bora themselves ended up combining my booking last night. I called Hilton CSR and after my 4th call, someone transferred me directly to the Conrad which I couldn't believe. A lovely lady in the internal reservation department deleted my booking and this morning I have 5 nights for the price of 4

Needless to say I am very happy.

Now to start working on the upgrade price!
Glad it worked out for you. Back in November I tried to do that and through the normal Hilton Reservations Line. Not all of my points went back in my account and my award availability dried up in the two weeks it took for the points to repost. Took me until the end of January to get my 7 nights back all on points.

I think you getting in contact with the hotel directly is key. I'm currently staying 7 nights but don;t have them all on one reservation to get 5th night free. I'm tempted to try what you did but I'm scared I will end up screwing up my reservations again. I'd rather not get the 5th night free than have to pay $1000 a night.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by merice107107
Glad it worked out for you. Back in November I tried to do that and through the normal Hilton Reservations Line. Not all of my points went back in my account and my award availability dried up in the two weeks it took for the points to repost. Took me until the end of January to get my 7 nights back all on points.

I think you getting in contact with the hotel directly is key. I'm currently staying 7 nights but don;t have them all on one reservation to get 5th night free. I'm tempted to try what you did but I'm scared I will end up screwing up my reservations again. I'd rather not get the 5th night free than have to pay $1000 a night.
Emailing the resort directly is the way to do it. I have done this on a couple of occasions with no issues.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Emailing the resort directly is the way to do it. I have done this on a couple of occasions with no issues.
Did you just you the standard email for the resort? Or a specific contact?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
As TD mentions above, provided you reach a competent agent, you will have no problem combining the booking. I have combined several bookings in the past for the Conrad Maldives, Conrad Bali and now Conrad Bora Bora. You won't have any issues and IMO is worth the refund in points.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:46 am

Call Hilton and ask them to transfer you to the Conrad - At least you won't be paying the phone bill

Once they answer the phone you need to ask for the internal reservation department.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:19 pm

Call Hilton and ask them to transfer you to the Conrad - At least you won't be paying the phone bill

Once they answer the phone you need to ask for the internal reservation department.
Not to take this too off-topic, but I have a similar scenario at the Moorea. I currently hold a 6 night reservation for 216K points per night. I have been checking for standard award availability multiple times per day and was able to grab 3 of those, already reserved, nights as 80K standard reward nights. However, the 3 night are not consecutive and as I continue to check, the other 3 nights have not yet opened up as standard awards. The premium award nights are now more expensive (259K at last check). Combining these 2 bookings is worth the 400K+ refund, but not sure if they can do it given the non-consecutive nature and the fact I still need to keep some of the 216K nights, for now. I keep checking multiple times daily, but nothing so far. Do you think they will be able to combine, if I speak to them directly?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by gvaughn

Not to take this too off-topic, but I have a similar scenario at the Moorea. I currently hold a 6 night reservation for 216K points per night. I have been checking for standard award availability multiple times per day and was able to grab 3 of those, already reserved, nights as 80K standard reward nights. However, the 3 night are not consecutive and as I continue to check, the other 3 nights have not yet opened up as standard awards. The premium award nights are now more expensive (259K at last check). Combining these 2 bookings is worth the 400K+ refund, but not sure if they can do it given the non-consecutive nature and the fact I still need to keep some of the 216K nights, for now. I keep checking multiple times daily, but nothing so far. Do you think they will be able to combine, if I speak to them directly?
From my experience, I'm afraid you won't be able to combine these bookings. I would recommend to keep checking availability daily. I know plenty of Diamond members who hold reservations only for plans to fall through so availability could open up at any time. Just to be sure, here are a copy of the Hilton T&C's
  • 5th Night Free: For every Standard Room Reward stay of five or more nights, every 5th night is free. Members can utilize the 5th Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually. Applies only to five consecutive nights within the same full Points Standard Room Reward stay at the same property, up to 20 nights, when confirmed at time of booking. No more than four free nights will be awarded per stay. If free night is declined, reservation is cancelled, or check-out occurs before fifth night, the free night is forfeited and has no cash, Point, or Reward value. After the 5th Night Free benefit is applied, eligible members will be charged 0 points for the 5th night, 10th night, 15th night, and 20th night of the stay, as applicable. All other nights of the stay will be charged at the applicable full Standard Room Reward price. A standard room is defined by each hotel and subject to availability at participating hotels within the Hilton Portfolio. Applies to Standard Room Reward stays only, not to paid stays or Points & Money Rewards™. Does not apply when stay is booked as part of a Reward Stay offer, package, or promotion offered by Hilton or any of its partners.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:15 pm

From my experience, I'm afraid you won't be able to combine these bookings. I would recommend to keep checking availability daily. I know plenty of Diamond members who hold reservations only for plans to fall through so availability could open up at any time. Just to be sure, here are a copy of the Hilton T&C's
  • 5th Night Free: For every Standard Room Reward stay of five or more nights, every 5th night is free. Members can utilize the 5th Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually. Applies only to five consecutive nights within the same full Points Standard Room Reward stay at the same property, up to 20 nights, when confirmed at time of booking. No more than four free nights will be awarded per stay. If free night is declined, reservation is cancelled, or check-out occurs before fifth night, the free night is forfeited and has no cash, Point, or Reward value. After the 5th Night Free benefit is applied, eligible members will be charged 0 points for the 5th night, 10th night, 15th night, and 20th night of the stay, as applicable. All other nights of the stay will be charged at the applicable full Standard Room Reward price. A standard room is defined by each hotel and subject to availability at participating hotels within the Hilton Portfolio. Applies to Standard Room Reward stays only, not to paid stays or Points & Money Rewards™. Does not apply when stay is booked as part of a Reward Stay offer, package, or promotion offered by Hilton or any of its partners.
Thanks. Perhaps my previous post was confusing. I wasn’t asking about getting free nights (5th night free). I was trying to figure out if it’s possible to unbundle a multi-night reservation and then can cancel non-consecutive nights. Ideally then re-bundling the nights from a standard award and premium award into a single consolidated reservation.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:06 pm

If they are not consecutive no.

I know this is the Hilton thread, but check out the IHG Moorea. Much nice place IMO. Points rooms are easy.

TD
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

If they are not consecutive no.
Overall they are consecutive, but not for each current separate reservation (it’s 3 in total). So I have a 6 night premium award reservation. I also have two standard award reservations (one for Days 2-3, and one for day 5). If I cannot get additional standard award nights trying to figure out if I can:

- first, unbundle the 6 nights premium award reservation and cancel nights 2, 3, and 5 (if I have to cancel and rebook the entire reservation, my 216K/night for nights 1, 4, and 6 will now cost 258K/night, as of today).

- second, bundle my premium award nights 1, 4, 6, with my standard award nights 2-3, 5.

Technically, the room classes are different, so probably not combinable for that reason alone. But also not sure if I can unbundle and cancel only nights 2-3, and 5 of my premium award reservation, while still keeping nights 1, 4, and 6 ‘as is’, maintaining the lower award rate than currently available.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:18 pm

Overall they are consecutive, but not for each current separate reservation (it’s 3 in total). So I have a 6 night premium award reservation. I also have two standard award reservations (one for Days 2-3, and one for day 5). If I cannot get additional standard award nights trying to figure out if I can:

- first, unbundle the 6 nights premium award reservation and cancel nights 2, 3, and 5 (if I have to cancel and rebook the entire reservation, my 216K/night for nights 1, 4, and 6 will now cost 258K/night, as of today).

- second, bundle my premium award nights 1, 4, 6, with my standard award nights 2-3, 5.

Technically, the room classes are different, so probably not combinable for that reason alone. But also not sure if I can unbundle and cancel only nights 2-3, and 5 of my premium award reservation, while still keeping nights 1, 4, and 6 ‘as is’, maintaining the lower award rate than currently available.
Would like to assist with an opinion, but a little confused on what you have booked. Can you list the 3 reservations, include room type, and points value for each night.

TD
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:09 pm

Would like to assist with an opinion, but a little confused on what you have booked. Can you list the 3 reservations, include room type, and points value for each night.
Res #1 : Days 1-6 booked for Premium Award at 216K/night in a King Garden Pool Bungalow
Res #2 : Days 2-3 (same days 2-3 as above) booked for Standard Award at 80K/night in King Garden Guestroom
Res #3 : Day 5 (same day 5 as #1 ) #3 33333]booked for Standard Award at 80K/night in King Garden Guestroom

Looking to cancel Days 2-3 and 5 from Res #1 (premium award) and instead keep days 2-3 and 5 from Res #2 and Res # 3 (both standard rewards).

Current availability only has Premium Award booking for Days 1-6 at 258/K night, so if I had to fully cancel Res #1 and re-book some of the days, I would have to rebook for 258K/night instead of 216K/night.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:54 pm

Res #1 : Days 1-6 booked for Premium Award at 216K/night in a King Garden Pool Bungalow
Res #2 : Days 2-3 (same days 2-3 as above) booked for Standard Award at 80K/night in King Garden Guestroom
Res #3 : Day 5 (same day 5 as #1 ) #3 33333]booked for Standard Award at 80K/night in King Garden Guestroom

Looking to cancel Days 2-3 and 5 from Res #1 (premium award) and instead keep days 2-3 and 5 from Res #2 and Res # 3 (both standard rewards).

Current availability only has Premium Award booking for Days 1-6 at 258/K night, so if I had to fully cancel Res #1 and re-book some of the days, I would have to rebook for 258K/night instead of 216K/night.
Got it...first questions. How soon is your trip? Don’t need exact date. Just general timeframe? Do you have extra points available in case nights 1,4,6 come available for 80K each, without canceling Res #1 ?

TD
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:55 pm

Got it...first questions. How soon is your trip? Don’t need exact date. Just general timeframe? Do you have extra points available in case nights 1,4,6 come available for 80K?

TD
Its for this summer. I have plenty of points.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:22 am

Its for this summer. I have plenty of points.

Knowing that, if it were me, I would hold on to reservation 1 for now and hope the other nights open up before you need to cancel reservations or loose points.

My reasoning, and opinions will vary, is that if no other nights open up for 80K and you want to combine the premium reservations with the standard you currently have, you could end up moving rooms several times in 6 nights. I presume the Conrad would help you out but there are no guarantees. Not that anyone wants to spend 3X the points for a nights stay, but this is a vacation. You also get a better room for the additional points, so that is some benefit. If no other standard rooms came available I would bounce Res 2 and 3 and enjoy the nicer room without having to move around like a nomad for the week.

If however you you want to move forward with canceling the double booked nights there is a chance once you cancel Res 1 the 216K night availability will post back in to inventory. Then you could re-book the single nights you need. Before doing that, I would call Hilton 800 and tell them you want to modify Res 1, i.e. drop the nights you don’t want. They should able to do that so you don’t risk loosing those 216K rates. If they say they can’t do that ask to be transferred directly to the hotel. They will do it.

We booked 9 days last Summer for 80K each night. When we began booking in March there were no 80K rooms. Nothing under 200K+. Within 60 days, checking daily, all 9 days opened up. Unless something has changed I feel you will have success getting all the days you need.

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.