Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Has anyone been keeping an eye on reward availability at this resort? It looks like there is 80K point availability almost every night for the next two months, not a lot until April and then nothing. Is it an extreme peak season, or is there a chance these rooms haven't been loaded yet? Looking at a stay around May.
In November availability opened up from April till end of schedule. It was literally wide open for days, so likely it has all been booked up. Keep checking as I cancelled a May stay two days ago and it did not last long.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Thank you! Is this a picture from #107 ? The view is better than I thought so I am glad you posted to reset my previously incorrect assumption.

To be fair, I still believe the Mt Otemanu view is better at St.Regis (see my review here http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revie...ic-resort-2976) but that room type at St.Regis is in a much higher price range than the Dlx OWVs 104-106 which might be where you took that picture, if not 107.
Yes that is from 107. All the rooms on that side have “similar” views. Also, to be fair, those are the only rooms that have any real view to Mt Otemanu at the Conrad.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:01 am

I booked with points and was immediately offered eStandby Upgrade to OWB for 25,900XPF per night, which I immediately signed up for and received the email confirmation. The confirmation stated that it's upon availability at checkin and not guaranteed. Then several weeks later I received an email from someone at the Conrad BB who offered to upgrade me to a OWB for 40,000XPF. I replied back and forwarded the 25,900XPF email confirmation to him but haven't heard back yet. I'm not sure the Conrad is aware of the Hilton eStandy Upgrade. Anyway has any experience with this?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by em22
I booked with points and was immediately offered eStandby Upgrade to OWB for 25,900XPF per night, which I immediately signed up for and received the email confirmation. The confirmation stated that it's upon availability at checkin and not guaranteed. Then several weeks later I received an email from someone at the Conrad BB who offered to upgrade me to a OWB for 40,000XPF. I replied back and forwarded the 25,900XPF email confirmation to him but haven't heard back yet. I'm not sure the Conrad is aware of the Hilton eStandy Upgrade. Anyway has any experience with this?
I don't know anything about eStandby, but will tell you upgrade prices vary by who you get. I had three different quotes. I opted for the one that cost the least
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by em22
I think the eStandby Upgrade is a space-available deal. There's nothing confirmed about it other than your willingness to be upgraded and pay the offered price.
The other option directly with the hotel is a pre-paid, guaranteed upgrade. I originally also opted into the eStandby upgrade but then decided I didn't want to take my chances.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:40 pm

Has anyone been keeping an eye on reward availability at this resort? It looks like there is 80K point availability almost every night for the next two months, not a lot until April and then nothing. Is it an extreme peak season, or is there a chance these rooms haven't been loaded yet? Looking at a stay around May.

While not May, I have 5 nights booked on the standard room points rate coming up in August. There is a strong possibility I will be cancelling that reservation soon.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors, SPG/Marriott, Total Rewards
I'm thinking it will open up soon.. just check daily. I went as far as emailing the reservations dept to confirm they still have some standard rooms available on my date. They confirmed and said it may (or may not) be released in time. Something about revenue strategy. IMO silly.. same concept as a bouncer holding up a line for an empty club. For what it's worth, if you checked 3 weeks ago, there was no Feb or March availability & now there is.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:31 pm

i got quoted 25000 XPF/night for 6 nights in august for a OWV (im a diamond, booked w/ HH points). this seems to be one of the better rates offered, but wanted to know

1) what is the likely hood of a complimentary upgrade come check in-time in august from base OWV to one of the more premium OWV
2) what the "best" (if any) room is for the base OWV as far as view/privacy

thanks in advance!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
My swan says the views are better at the Thalasso
What room type is that and which specific room #?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:11 am

Gold/Diamond Breakfast Question

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Free breakfast was included (as it would be for Golds as well).
Can you provide more info on the breakfast for Gold/Diamond (I am Diamond)? Was it continental or buffet? If continental, was it upgradeable?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
The menu-ordered item was clearly not free as of last week so must be a 'downgrade'. We were presented the menu and advised that as Diamonds we had to pay (it wasn't expensive though ~1200xpf? / US$12?) but we found the "continental" buffet had an extensive choice anyway. The pastry station is excellent and could pass for any artisan cafe.
Any more recent experience with Gold/Diamond breakfast (late 2018/early 2019) that anyone can provide?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:03 am

Should be the buffet....although tell them to cook their bacon a little more. That was my only caveat with that buffet back in 2017.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by gvaughn
Any more recent experience with Gold/Diamond breakfast (late 2018/early 2019) that anyone can provide?
‘Was there last Summer. Breakfast offering was the same as stated previously. The free buffet is pretty massive. The only reason we paid the $12 is for our 9 year old. She wanted pancakes that do not come on the buffet. Fist time I have ever seen that. But the good news is the $12 covers the entire table. So anyone can have as much has they want.

TD
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by gvaughn
Can you provide more info on the breakfast for Gold/Diamond (I am Diamond)? Was it continental or buffet? If continental, was it upgradeable?
I believe things have changed now due to recent reports, but when I was there in July 2017, it was a full breakfast buffet, including anything off the a la carte menu. I believe the a la carte options are no longer free, even for Diamonds.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
I believe things have changed now due to recent reports, but when I was there in July 2017, it was a full breakfast buffet, including anything off the a la carte menu. I believe the a la carte options are no longer free, even for Diamonds.
Yeah it was anything and everything for breakfast in 2017. I think they only charged for sodas and water? Can't remember but it was basically 99% of anything you saw up there. There are tons of options!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.