Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Nor1 Hotels/Upgrades" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Nor1 Hotels/Upgrades" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
My NOR-1 offer that I ignored for the Hilton Houston Post Oak last week:

• $9 Corner King, 480 sq. ft.
  • $15 1 King Bed Executive Floor, 440 sq. ft.
  • $15 1 King Bed Junior Suite , 780 sq. ft.
  • $19 1 King Executive Floor Junior Suite, 780 sq. ft.

Got the 1 King Bed Executive Floor, 440 sq. ft. @ OLCI and chose it.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: PC Plat, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, United Silver, DL Plat, IC Gold, Hertz. #1, AMX Plat
Nor1

I'm confused. Iam checking a reservation for tomorrow in Portland, OR. I booked a standard room. I was put in the executive tower as I should have or could have been. Now up comes this Nor1 offer but it reads for $5.00 Ican request an upgrade but mentions my My Way preferences.

Corner King Executive Tower, 356 sq. ft.
Highly coveted corner rooms are located in the corners of the Executive Tower
Entail a larger floor plan than the other Tower rooms for extra comfort
Views of downtown Portland
Based on your My Way selection Hilton HHonors Diamond and Gold members will be offered a complimentary upgrade to this level (with the exception of suites, villas and specialty accommodations) if available at check-in.
Do I select the upgrade or if available, will it be given to me per My Way at no extra charge?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Leave it alone. You are are still eligilbe for the upgrade without selecting the Nor1 option. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...highlight=nor1
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I booked into the Naperville Hilton on-line and it offered me the elite upgrade for a Nor1 cost of $0.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by OB one
Leave it alone. You are are still eligilbe for the upgrade without selecting the Nor1 option. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...highlight=nor1
Apparently it did affect me ... check this out: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post12007408

I was told by 2 different managers that I was declined an upgrade because of the My Way Benefits I selected ie 1000 bonus points. This excluded me from the upgrade via the Nor1 option as well as any complimentary upgrades to the Exec Floor (even when it was available).

On top of that, I was even declined complimentary breakfast coupons.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by World_Traveller
Apparently it did affect me ...
Not really, you were ineligible for both the upgrade (should one have been available) and breakfast since you had selected 1000 HHonors points.

If you had selected the upgrade option, continental breakfast would have been guaranteed.

That is all relevant to HHonors MYWay, not nor1.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Just curious... any pattern to which properties are going Nor1?
Old Jul 4, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Before anyone reaches conclusions of which no one has absolutely any proof, I can assure you that neither the moderators of the Hilton forum nor any of the Senior Moderators had anything to do with the deletion of the thread in question.
I find it hard to believe that nobody can determine whose ID deleted the thread in question. If you are so sure that the moderators did not do it, then the obvious next question is who besides the moderators have access for deletions?
Old Jul 4, 2009, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Just curious... any pattern to which properties are going Nor1?
Nor1 is offered to the individual HH properties for a fee and the hotel properties are free to buy it or not buy it. If enough travelers dont buy into the "extra cost upgrades" the Nor1 program will die a quick death as the cost of the Nor1 program to the hotel will be more than the income (and bad will) it generates for the hotel.

MisterNice
Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by World_Traveller
Apparently it did affect me ... check this out: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post12007408

I was told by 2 different managers that I was declined an upgrade because of the My Way Benefits I selected ie 1000 bonus points. This excluded me from the upgrade via the Nor1 option as well as any complimentary upgrades to the Exec Floor (even when it was available).

On top of that, I was even declined complimentary breakfast coupons.
Here are the gold/diamond MyWay choices for Hiltons:

(1) Receive a space-available room upgrade, including breakfast.*
You will be upgraded to an Executive Floor room (where/when available) at time of check-in. If an Executive Floor room is unavailable, you will be upgraded to the next best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades exclude suites, villas and specialty accommodations. At hotels with Executive Floor lounges, if an Executive Floor room upgrade is available, you will also receive access to the lounge. In addition, you will receive complimentary Continental breakfast for you and up to one additional registered hotel guest each day of your stay.

(2) Enjoy complimentary high-speed internet access, each day of your stay.
At hotels that already offer a choice of a standard or higher-speed connection, you will receive access to the higher-speed connection at no cost. If a hotel does not offer high-speed internet connectivity, simply choose another option.

(3) Earn 1,000 Hilton HHonors® bonus points per stay.

You chose option (3), thus do not get an upgrade or breakfast.

As for Nor1, even non elites get Nor1 offers and this is the first post I have seen that says that choosing the 1,000 point MyWay selection precludes Nor1 paid upgrades. Would love to hear what others have experienced.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Flyer737
I find it hard to believe that nobody can determine whose ID deleted the thread in question. If you are so sure that the moderators did not do it, then the obvious next question is who besides the moderators have access for deletions?
The administrators of FlyerTalk, as well as Randy Petersen himself, have access for deletions of content in any FlyerTalk forum and can perform what are known as “hard-deletes” of content, which cannot be seen by the forum moderators and are actually physically and permanently removed from the forum. While this type of deletion of content is rare, it does happen from time to time, and this appears to be one of those instances.

FlyerTalk moderators only have the capability to do what are known as “soft-deletes” of content, which can be seen by the forum moderators and are not only always accessible, but also can be resurrected at any time. Generally, this is content that has not really been deleted, but rather is simply invisible to all but the forum moderators, FlyerTalk administrators and Randy Petersen.

I hope this answers your question and quells your disbelief. As I have said:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have never purposely lied or posted misinformation to any of you in the past and I certainly do not intend to start now.
However, if you are still curious as to the ultimate fate of that thread, you are more than welcome to submit your question or request to FlyerTalk at any time.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, US CP, HH Diamond, MR Gold,BW Diamond
Originally Posted by mscoachung
I'm confused. Iam checking a reservation for tomorrow in Portland, OR. I booked a standard room. I was put in the executive tower as I should have or could have been. Now up comes this Nor1 offer but it reads for $5.00 Ican request an upgrade but mentions my My Way preferences.

Corner King Executive Tower, 356 sq. ft.
Highly coveted corner rooms are located in the corners of the Executive Tower
Entail a larger floor plan than the other Tower rooms for extra comfort
Views of downtown Portland
Based on your My Way selection Hilton HHonors Diamond and Gold members will be offered a complimentary upgrade to this level (with the exception of suites, villas and specialty accommodations) if available at check-in.
Do I select the upgrade or if available, will it be given to me per My Way at no extra charge?

You were already upgraded as a result of your myway preferences. The Nor1 system I've found doesn't recognize when you've been upgraded in advance so it will still show the statement about a complimentary upgrade even though you've been already upgraded.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: PC Plat, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, United Silver, DL Plat, IC Gold, Hertz. #1, AMX Plat
I opted for the $5 upgrade. Didn't get it. Had the same room we reserved. The hotel itself was a piece of work. We got breakfast coupons as they didn't have an executive lounge. Their value was $15 each (cost of continental breakfast) but they could be used for anything of a similar value on the menu so we had a nicw breakfast each morning.
The Nor1 is worthless in my opinion. more on the hotel in Portland later.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
Hilton San Diego Bayfront and Hilton Fort Lauderdale beach resort

FLL property on 3-night award stay next week:
Std. room = 2 QN BEDS STUDIO OCEANVIEW

Offered:

1 king 1 BDR suite oceanview, 652 ft2: USD 50 (supposed to be upgraded to this as Diamond)
2 Kings 2 BDR suite oceanview, 1,675 ft2: USD 190
2 kings, 2 BDR suite, oceanfront, 1,1913 ft2: USD 350
Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:03 pm

I booked a stay at the Hilton Walt Disneyworld on the Disney Resort for $76/night and was offered the e-standby upgrade of $25 to an executitve floor. Two weeks later I noticed I could not get the room for $66 so I cancelled my old reservation and booked a new one but was not offered to upgrade anymore.
Anyone know why not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.