Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Chang11
I wasn't even thinking about Bangkok when I wrote about motorbike dangers in Thailand. To drive a motorbike in Bangkok is bordering on suicidal. Many Westerners just don't realize the roads/behavior of Thailand can be like the "Wild West". What Westerners consider crazy is the norm. Is the cost savings/convenience worth it?

This is crazy too!

Driving a Lamborghini Superleggera in Bangkok.

Lamborghini Superleggera at Bangkok Conrad.
Did you rent that? Looks like a much better way, then a Tuk-Tuk, to get around BKK

If you rented it do you have a link to the place?

Thanks
TD
Old May 6, 2019, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Looks like a much better way, then a Tuk-Tuk, to get around BKK
Beautiful car, but kind of wasted sitting in traffic on Sukhumvit. I think I'd rather be sitting in the back of an S Class
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: Alaska
Conrad Koh Samui, next year non-reundable award stay

made a point reservation on Conrad Koh Samui for next year and it is non-refundable.

What's going on with all these chain hotels with point reservations?

Marriott charges full amounts for deposit and now Hilton also non-refundable award reservation?
Old May 6, 2019, 8:26 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Kacee
Beautiful car, but kind of wasted sitting in traffic on Sukhumvit. I think I'd rather be sitting in the back of an S Class
Was just about to say that. Bangkok is not the place I'd dream of renting a Lambo.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Not sure. I also have an award reservation for the Conrad Koh Samui and it's REFUNDABLE. I actually had to cancel a couple times because of dates. Points were back in my account with no problems. I finalized it a couple of weeks later and it was still refundable.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Not sure. I also have an award reservation for the Conrad Koh Samui and it's REFUNDABLE. I actually had to cancel a couple times because of dates. Points were back in my account with no problems. I finalized it a couple of weeks later and it was still refundable.
I did similar thing.

My previous reservation still has 10 days cancellation policy.

The one I modified to became non-refundable.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by freed0m
I did similar thing.

My previous reservation still has 10 days cancellation policy.

The one I modified to became non-refundable.
How exactly is it non-refundable?. Did they tell you when changing it, or something just showed up online, or?
Old May 7, 2019, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
What's going on with all these chain hotels with point reservations?
Booming economy, travel through the roof, individual property owners probably tired of losing $ thousands on people who speculatively book and then pull the plug. Especially at Marriott where apparently you can do an unlimited number of points advance reservations, which is absolutely mind-blowing to me in terms of the potential for abuse.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
How exactly is it non-refundable?. Did they tell you when changing it, or something just showed up online, or?

it is shown in the app after making reversation.

Old May 7, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

Did you rent that? Looks like a much better way, then a Tuk-Tuk, to get around BKK

If you rented it do you have a link to the place?

Thanks
TD
No this is a friends car. He has another older black Lamborghini in Bangkok too. Because of the high importation taxes these cars cost about 3 times the cost in the west. I posted this because for me this is crazy, but if you can afford it go for it.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I just checked three different dates at this property for award reservation. End of May, November, and April 2020 are 7 day cancel. February 2020 is 30 days cancel.

Are you booked on a holiday, such as New Years or CNY?
Old May 7, 2019, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I just checked three different dates at this property for award reservation. End of May, November, and April 2020 are 7 day cancel. February 2020 is 30 days cancel.

Are you booked on a holiday, such as New Years or CNY?
i move my reservation one day closer to CNY and now it is non-refundable.

hope that my plan does not change and if it does change, the hotel allows me to move around a day or two.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year hilton queenstown had nonrefundable awards when i searched, this year another hilton property - this is definitely becoming more common beyond just limited high demand dates both for awards and bar/aaa rates...
i just book elsewhere
Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Reviving this thread...

I'm putting in my room request now for next month's trip... Just making sure that the contact info for room requests is current. This would be Kim/Zhengxi and Marco? I'm Diamond and booked 3 nights on points...My villa is the 100's, but I'm hoping to get an upgrade to the 300s
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
Reviving this thread...

I'm putting in my room request now for next month's trip... Just making sure that the contact info for room requests is current. This would be Kim/Zhengxi and Marco? I'm Diamond and booked 3 nights on points...My villa is the 100's, but I'm hoping to get an upgrade to the 300s
I emailed Ruben/Marco/Kim about an upcoming trip as a Gold member a few weeks ago for a honeymoon trip booked for August.

Sheirwein got back to me saying they, unfortunately, could not guarantee a room upgrade to 300s without an additional payment of THB 5342 per night (which is higher than the price difference when booking on Hilton).

I declined, and she did say room assignments are done one day before arrival, and they do try and upgrade where possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.