Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Goodbye Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:50 am

Programs: HHD
Originally Posted by OZJET
I know this is an old thread but thought Id ask instead of starting a new one.
I should have lost diamond on 31 march but my account still shows.
firstly if I book stays before it goes will the hotels still think i am Diamond?
Mine too, but it changed from Diamond to Silver last night. Treatment is based on the status when you check in. I would have made Gold on basepoints, but failed because they raised the bar. What does not feel right is giving Gold away for free to certain credit card holders, but make it more difficult for paying customers to qualify. I had 66.000 base points and now I applied for a credit card that cost me 48€ and gives me Gold status.
Now I will stay less (more cherry picking) and have better status.
Probably the economics are against loyal customers.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, UA Club Lifer, MC Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Stephan54
Mine too, but it changed from Diamond to Silver last night. Treatment is based on the status when you check in. I would have made Gold on basepoints, but failed because they raised the bar. What does not feel right is giving Gold away for free to certain credit card holders, but make it more difficult for paying customers to qualify. I had 66.000 base points and now I applied for a credit card that cost me 48€ and gives me Gold status.
Now I will stay less (more cherry picking) and have better status.
Probably the economics are against loyal customers.
You may be treated like a Diamond when you check in, but your bonus points will be whatever your level dictates when you check out. I checked in as a Diamond on March 30, but was dropped to Silver on April 1. My April 2 checkout showed Silver on the bill and my points were listed with the Silver bonus. I do not know if the regs address this issue, but the computer apparently pulls your status as of the date you check out.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Just saw my status change from Diamond to Gold... Due to other promotions such as IHG's Big Win, I've shifted some of my stays.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by OZJET
I know this is an old thread but thought Id ask instead of starting a new one.
I should have lost diamond on 31 march but my account still shows.
firstly if I book stays before it goes will the hotels still think i am Diamond?
Also don't want to start a new thread, and a search didn't show up any other appropriate threads relating to a status downgrade.

I booked a stay for a property in September earlier this year when I was still a Gold and the confirmation showed my status as Gold at that time. When I checked using the app yesterday, the booking still shows me having requested an Exec room upgrade at $0. I didn't actually request the upgrade (the screen also showed other upgrade options with the appropriate $ amount) but I assume this is normally how Gold (and Diamond) comp upgrades are indicated.

From reading some of the posts here, I know when I check out and my account is credited with the stay, the elite bonus points will reflect my current status. However, when I check in, will I still be seen as a Gold and get the benefits of Gold (i.e. upgraded room if available and lounge access)? I was prepared to not receive these benefits, but since the booking still shows the request and $0, I'd certainly enjoy receiving them.

Any similar experiences? The property is in Asia, not North America or Europe, if that makes any difference.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Also don't want to start a new thread, and a search didn't show up any other appropriate threads relating to a status downgrade.

I booked a stay for a property in September earlier this year when I was still a Gold and the confirmation showed my status as Gold at that time. When I checked using the app yesterday, the booking still shows me having requested an Exec room upgrade at $0. I didn't actually request the upgrade (the screen also showed other upgrade options with the appropriate $ amount) but I assume this is normally how Gold (and Diamond) comp upgrades are indicated.

From reading some of the posts here, I know when I check out and my account is credited with the stay, the elite bonus points will reflect my current status. However, when I check in, will I still be seen as a Gold and get the benefits of Gold (i.e. upgraded room if available and lounge access)? I was prepared to not receive these benefits, but since the booking still shows the request and $0, I'd certainly enjoy receiving them.

Any similar experiences? The property is in Asia, not North America or Europe, if that makes any difference.
The hotel will know your current status when you check in.

The $0 upgrade sounds like a NOR-1 so I would be inclined to look at OLCI and snag an EL room if available.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
The hotel will know your current status when you check in.

The $0 upgrade sounds like a NOR-1 so I would be inclined to look at OLCI and snag an EL room if available.
Thanks, but what's NOR-1 mean?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:04 pm

nor1.com
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
NOR1 is a company that rents software to hotels to help hotels maximise revenue from unsold premium room types , taking a cut of the extra income, very prevalent within Hilton bands, less so the other brands I use.

If you click the upgrade available button available whilst logged into account and viewing an individual reservation (not always offered) you get a screen showing upgrades and full-value/discount-rate you can tick boxes to say which you want if available

If HHD historically I used to see Exec as already ticked as zero money extra, but now NOR1 is prevalent I see same as non elites eg value 60euro discount rate 39euro

This is different from boxes offering you chance to guarantee upgrade with your points

See nor1 site training/sales SmartQ Tutorial
http://training.nor1.com/training/Home.html

Last edited by scubaccr; Aug 20, 2015 at 12:35 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

...and here is the relevant discussion pertaining to Nor1 in the Hilton HHonors forum on FlyerTalk.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you both for the explanation and links. Suppose I'll see how this all works out when I get there next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.