FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/602363-discussion-hilton-honors-hotels-oregon-usa-us.html)

chexfan Jul 30, 2001 10:14 am

plus a dining room table for 8!

Catman Jul 30, 2001 10:15 am

The Hilton Portland is NOT a HOLE.

Trust me. Wanderlust and I stayed there earlier this year. We got a nice upgrade to the HHonors floor. Room was decent size but roomy with the high speed Internet access that actually WORKED!

Breakfast coupons given happily as well as DRINK coupons. One each of us.

The consierge was very very good and directed us to a great seafood restaurant a few blocks from the Hilton (forget the name but it was on the corner and served good salmon. Has a bar in teh back, wooden, rustic decor.)

We got the wakeup call as requested.

A good Hilton who as hedonman said "honors HHONORS."

I'm just happy with a clean non smoking room and friendly staff and a nice bed. I'm not finicky.

If I get a suite or something extra just a nice bonus.

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 07-30-2001).]

auh2o Jul 30, 2001 10:16 am

A few drinks and Koko could convince me that I was staying in a Thai jail. It really was not bad, but it wasn't as nice as the Embassy.

Beckles Jul 30, 2001 10:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chexfan:
plus a dining room table for 8!</font>
Yeah great ... did I mention it was only one room, and that when you used the remote for the TV in the living area, it would also reach the TV in the sleeping area half the time ... so you're forced to listen to two TV's, most likely not on the same station ... yeah, that's the kind of luxury I expect from a alleged all-suites hotel.

Eastbay1K Jul 30, 2001 10:33 am

The downtown Hilton is probably one of Hilton's best "large convention-type" hotels. I have never felt like I was staying at a large hotel when staying there. No, the rooms haven't been anything superspecial, but everything else has been great.

drtravels Jul 30, 2001 12:09 pm

I stay there 3 -4 times a year. I think it is great with a very nice staff. THe location and indoor pool/exercise area is nice also.

kokonutz Jul 30, 2001 12:15 pm

Ok, if that hotel is so great, then why are they building a towers hotel right across the street? I dont blame hilton for the PDX hilton. They themselves have seen fit to build upgraded rooms!!!!

No, it was NOT a hole. It was fine. Not the worst Hilton I've been in by a fer piece. But far from the best.

And if you didnt appreciate those lofts at the embassy suites, then you were clearly showing VISUAL SIGNS OF INTOXICATION. My "Suite" had STEPS!

Beckles Jul 30, 2001 1:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kokonutz:
My "Suite" had STEPS!</font>
Sure it had steps, but the interior walls were only waist high ... kind of like a Comfort Inn Suites where they have a half wall between the living area and sleeping area ... guess they took the material they saved from not building real walls and built steps instead ...

TravelWeary Jul 30, 2001 3:48 pm

We had a very nice corner suite at the Embassy Suites in PDX this weekend and it was larger than the duplex we lived in in Hawaii! We did have two separate rooms and a dining table that seated 8 in the living room also. I've always stayed at the Portland Hilton and they've always given me nice corner rooms, but after staying here we'll be back. Plus they have an incredible Happy Hour food menu in their Portland Steak and Chophouse restaurant with many items (burgers, pizzas, wraps, etc.) for only $1.95. And, both of my favorites on tap--Guinness and Black Butte Porter. Watched the Mariners game there yesterday while waiting for our 3-and-a-half-hour late train home!!

sharptalk Jul 30, 2001 5:33 pm

We were there last year with the kids and they upgraded us to the Governor's suite! Bedroom, 2 baths, entry hall large living room/dining room and bar area. Could have been a more lavish bathroom, but what an experience for the little ones and what a view! Took up the 2 end corners of the hotel's 2nd from top floor. Top floor was restuarant with a great view.

best Aug 4, 2002 1:59 pm

Oregon: any suggestions for better H brand?

We are spending couple weeks traveling to several places in Oregon. could you please recomend either the nicer H places, the great buys for the $, or places to stay from?

RDY3238 Aug 4, 2002 3:27 pm

Roomsaver.com has $59.00 D/T Portland Doubletree listed. Print coupon from site and call ahead day of stay to see if inventory is available. Rate attracts HHonors points and FF miles.

not2bgrounded Aug 4, 2002 8:40 pm

Oregon is a beautiful state. I have tried to stay at Hilton-associated hotels when there. The only Hilton Hilton hotels are in Portland and Eugene. Neither seems very familiar with the HHonors system or eager to make Diamond or Gold members feel welcome (have stayed as both had hoped it would be different as Diamond but was disappointed).
I have wished Hilton would open a Bend area hotel and see that there now is a Hampton Inn with rates under $100.
Would be interested in reports on this Hampton.

MIKESILV Aug 4, 2002 9:44 pm

Had two stays within the last two years at the Portland Hilton, was upgraded to a suite both times and provided breakfast coupons. Is a fairly large property with a "smaller feel " but is centrally located within walking distance to most city sites and some good restaurants and clubs. Found the staff very friendly and would recommend this hotel for a comfortable stay in the city.
Mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 08-04-2002).]

Eastbay1K Aug 4, 2002 11:45 pm

I will agree with the Portland Hilton comment. Although I haven't ever been given a super special room there, the staff is very nice and you definitely don't feel you are staying in a large convention-style hotel.