Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by diamond club freeloader
Thanks for sharing this. I'm undecided between going for the status match followed by 8 stays in 90d or asking for a challenge since I have a few multi-night stand coming up and 16 nights will be easier... though not sure if I'd get the same offer as you!
As I had gold, I did not mind staying at that level for the fast track. Only difference I've noticed between gold and diamond so far this year (other than the bonus points) was once being denied lounge access as I was not upgraded to the executive floor.

I rarely do short stays, heck based on stays I might only be silver most years. It's my experience that they are open to polite suggestions when you submit the request. I replied back and got my terms tweaked a bit.

But I have a strong stay history with them, and would likely have hit Diamond for the end of the year. Just wanted to get those extra 25% points sooner
Old May 9, 2017, 12:56 am
formerly OliverS

Just received the match from BW that I had asked for: 8 stays over 90 days is the requirement.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by OliverS
Just received the match from BW that I had asked for: 8 stays over 90 days is the requirement.
For Diamond?
Old May 9, 2017, 1:12 am
formerly OliverS

Originally Posted by danger
For Diamond?
Yes. I was Gold already (via the credit card) and will have lots of stays throughout the rest of the year with them (will probably qualify this year either way), so wanted to get in early.
I could also earn Gold with 4-7 stays (although pointless).
Old May 9, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
How long does it take at present for the status match to go through from the time you submit the request until the time your account shows as diamond?

Last edited by diamond club freeloader; May 9, 2017 at 4:29 am
Old May 9, 2017, 7:56 am
formerly OliverS

How long does it take at present for the status match to go through from the time you submit the request until the time your account shows as diamond?

Thursday to Monday.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Thursday to Monday.
excellent - much faster than it had been ... timing is everything (in terms of planned stays) - so perhaps I'll hang on for another week!
Thanks for sharing.
DCf
Old May 11, 2017, 5:37 am

Anyone know if airline rates would count towards the 4/8 stays required under the current status match promotion?

I know they don't count for normal earning purposes but the terms of the status match don't seem to specifically talk about qualifying stays.
Old May 16, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Anyone know if airline rates would count towards the 4/8 stays required under the current status match promotion?

I know they don't count for normal earning purposes but the terms of the status match don't seem to specifically talk about qualifying stays.
Sorry to bump but do any wise members have any idea on the above? Thanks.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Does the MVP Gold fast track still work?

If so, is it possible to enrol while still a Diamond, pending a fall to the bottom of the pile?
Old May 18, 2017, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1

If it does not count towards normal status earning, then it does not count towards the status challenge as well.

Do confirm that the rate you intend to use is (normally) non-qualifying as not all "air-line" rates were negotiate the same.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Does the MVP Gold fast track still work?

If so, is it possible to enrol while still a Diamond, pending a fall to the bottom of the pile?
Not sure about the Fast Track but in the past, one has to "lose" the status before getting a new offer / challenge where eligible.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Another datapoint: from Tuesday to Friday, so expect 3 working days.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Is fasttrack to Diamond avaialble these days to new hhonors members (myself) or existing golds (my partner)
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:31 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Is fasttrack to Diamond avaialble these days to new hhonors members (myself) or existing golds (my partner)
You can use the hhonors.com online chat function to speak with an agent who should be able to offer you something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.