Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Travel Agent (Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, Peninsula, Ritz, etc.)
Thanks all!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Have the rooms been renovated here yet?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Have the rooms been renovated here yet?
Well the renovation is supposed to take place til January, but it would be great if they were done ahead of schedule.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:02 pm

I asked them about the gym and pool. Renos will definitely be going on past Jan, though the rooms might be done:

Thank you for your email. Kindly be informed that the swimming pool, gym and spa on level 4 are also planned for a complete overhaul including the creation of a new function room. However dates have yet to be confirmed and we will update in due course. It is unlikely to be happening on the first few months of year 2018.

Kindly be informed that we are currently in our third phase of guestroom rejuvenation started from 18 September to mid-November 2017. The fourth phase will be starting from mid-November to end-January 2018. While we take great effort in limiting the noise impact to our guests, we do anticipate audible work and we are trying our best to minimize disturbances.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
have a 3 room booking to make, and was wondering as Diamond how the hotel will treat this ? Should I book 1 Executive room, and 2 standard rooms so all of us (4 pax) can access the lounge ?

Or will the Diamond benefit only be extended to 1 room, so may as well just book 3 standards ? Lounge isn't essential, so if 1 of us misses out, nobody else will go.

also any reviews on the temporary lounge ?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:24 am

Parents checked out on sat. They spend a couple of weeks each year over multiple stays, 0 said about the lounge move.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I believe this property's rates are the same for single and double occupancy (and if not, can try to invoke the free second guest perk).

Why not book 2x 2pax standard + 1x 1pax standard (or simply 3x 2pax standard) to qualify for complimentary breakfast + lounge access? No loss to you if it doesn't work out.

(I've not tried booking more than one room before, so not entirely sure how flexible they are with breakfast/lounge access!)

Originally Posted by wantan
have a 3 room booking to make, and was wondering as Diamond how the hotel will treat this ? Should I book 1 Executive room, and 2 standard rooms so all of us (4 pax) can access the lounge ?

Or will the Diamond benefit only be extended to 1 room, so may as well just book 3 standards ? Lounge isn't essential, so if 1 of us misses out, nobody else will go.

Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Any information about lounge access for golds? They have deluxe rooms, grand deluxe rooms and premier deluxe rooms. What category has to be booked to get lounge access here?

Will stay here in April 2018!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:54 am

I don't think anyone knows for certain as those room types have only just appeared post renovations.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just had a 2 night stay here last week. Diamond booked into a Classic room, was upgraded to a renovated Deluxe room. Didn't spend much time in the hotel (on a business trip) but the location was nice, the room was very tasteful (though TV was at a bit of an odd angle and there was no true desk - just a small circle table so wouldn't be ideal if working in the room the whole day). Nice shower and separate bath tub. Was on floor 10 in a corner room (1026 I believe) and no issue with construction noise (but basically only at the hotel from 11pm - 9am and then again 1030pm - 430am so can't speak to during the day).

Breakfast was offered to me in the executive lounge, not sure if I could have gotten it in Oscar's but didn't ask and the offerings in the executive lounge were more than sufficient (omelet station that can make egg white omelets is more than enough to satisfy me).

Would definitely stay here again - I actually liked this location more Orchard Road which is where I stayed (at the GH) on my only other visit to Singapore.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

do u want me to book for u one room and I can check in for u so that the room can enjoy executive benefits too?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by gummibar
do u want me to book for u one room and I can check in for u so that the room can enjoy executive benefits too?
Ha ha. So helpful of you @gummibar
I would have offered my help too but that would have been called out by the FT marshals (violation of program rules).
Also, I have a relationship here with multiple stays and quite a number of staff knows me.
Most likely would not be able to fly under the radar.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I don't get the sarcasm, so maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but it seems to me that booking 1 Executive room and 2 standard rooms could receive lounge access for 4 persons (one Diamond member plus 3 others)

Book the Executive room for 2 persons: 2 guests receive lounge access.
Book one standard room for the Diamond member, noting that 2 persons will be staying under the 2nd guest stays free benefit: 2 guests receive lounge access
Book one standard room for one person.

Am I missing something?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by gummibar
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Ha ha. So helpful of you @gummibar
I would have offered my help too but that would have been called out by the FT marshals (violation of program rules).
Also, I have a relationship here with multiple stays and quite a number of staff knows me.
Most likely would not be able to fly under the radar.
thanks all for the offer, which would be no loss to me since I'm only able to get points for 2 rooms in any case

but since I'm traveling with others, I don't want to spend the rest of the trip explaining and the inevitable concern of digital key :P :P

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I don't get the sarcasm, so maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but it seems to me that booking 1 Executive room and 2 standard rooms could receive lounge access for 4 persons (one Diamond member plus 3 others)

Book the Executive room for 2 persons: 2 guests receive lounge access.
Book one standard room for the Diamond member, noting that 2 persons will be staying under the 2nd guest stays free benefit: 2 guests receive lounge access
Book one standard room for one person.

Am I missing something?
That's the idea, BUT since all 3 rooms are being booked by me the question is if hotel will just upgrade the Exec Room and leave the 2 standards as booked.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
thanks all for the offer, which would be no loss to me since I'm only able to get points for 2 rooms in any case

but since I'm traveling with others, I don't want to spend the rest of the trip explaining and the inevitable concern of digital key :P :P

That's the idea, BUT since all 3 rooms are being booked by me the question is if hotel will just upgrade the Exec Room and leave the 2 standards as booked.
Actually you don’t have to worry about digital key as one can choose not to activate it.

If if you want lounge access for everyone then u need someone with diamond status to book for u, in addition to your booking. I’ve already reached 30 stays this year so I’m just offering to see whether u want me to help. Feel free to private message me if you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.