Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Denver, Colorado {US-CO}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Denver, Colorado {US-CO}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If you've not been to Denver before, you may be surprised how far away the Rockies seem. I do not think of Denver as a "view" city. If you've seen spectacular photos of skyscrapers with mountains in background, they were likely taken with a large telephoto lens which compresses the foreground and background such that distant items seem much closer than they really are.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:41 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Which HGI?

Originally Posted by mphall
I would like to rent a car or get to Boulder, CO somehow. I see that the Hilton Garden Inn charges $37 per day for parking. Has anyone parked in a nearby lot? I am trying not to spend a fortune on this trip. Thank you.
Certainly do it as a day trip, and there's bus service that leaves every hour day and night from bus station to bus station. So if you wanted to spend the night in Boulder you could easily do that.

https://www.rtd-denver.com/app/plan
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Kacee
If you've not been to Denver before, you may be surprised how far away the Rockies seem. I do not think of Denver as a "view" city. If you've seen spectacular photos of skyscrapers with mountains in background, they were likely taken with a large telephoto lens which compresses the foreground and background such that distant items seem much closer than they really are.
This.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I would like to rent a car or get to Boulder, CO somehow. I see that the Hilton Garden Inn charges $37 per day for parking. Has anyone parked in a nearby lot? I am trying not to spend a fortune on this trip. Thank you.
If you are flying into Denver, take the train from the airport to Union Station($9 each way), take the 16th St Mall Shuttle(free) from there to the hotel. To get to Boulder for the day, reverse this and take the Flatiron Flyer from Union Station to Boulder(don't know the cost on this).

If this is your plan, don't rent a car. Lyft and Uber are very active for other trips around the city.

If you want to stay at a Hilton property with free parking, look at the Hampton Inn on Zuni(it's at Speer and Zuni). Lots to do in Lohi.

Last edited by FlyfromDenver; Jul 18, 2017 at 8:52 am Reason: Missing word
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Originally Posted by cblaisd
This.
Thank you.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:51 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Many of the Colorado Springs Hilton properties would give you much more "mountain-y" views; the mountains are much closer than they are in Denver, and Pikes Peak and its sisters are pretty much seen from every street corner.

Some of the northwest facing rooms at the Doubletree would have decent, although not head-on, views, e.g.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
If you want a view of great service from a Hilton, find one next to a Marriott!

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Boulder will have views of the Flatirons, but not the front range.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:21 pm

I wonder which Hilton?

Would I be better off staying at the Hilton Garden Inn near convention center with $37 parking per day or at the Doubletree on Quebec Street with free parking? I still would like to drive out somewhere to do some hiking.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Would I be better off staying at the Hilton Garden Inn near convention center with $37 parking per day or at the Doubletree on Quebec Street with free parking? I still would like to drive out somewhere to do some hiking.
Depends on how much you value free parking vs. access to downtown. As well as per night room cost.

If you plan to spend much time downtown, you can find many places that are much cheaper to park but generally do not allow for in/out privileges. That being said, the HGI and any of the Hilton properties downtown are going to be more expensive on a per night basis than places such as what I'd call the Doubletree Stapleton or anywhere else besides downtown Denver.

In addition, you can commute from DEN/DIA via the metro train into downtown and wait to rent your car when you need it from one of the rental locations in downtown. If you plan to be anywhere else in the greater Denver area besides downtown, you will need a car.

David
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:20 pm

Two different stays at Denver Hilton properties

We started off at the Denver Doubletree at 3023 Quebec. The staff was friendly and the room was very clean. The restaurant and lobby need serious updating and the restaurant staff could use a few 100 hours in customer service. Two mornings I finally got up and poured my own coffee after trying to flag down two waiters who really could have cared less. The buffet food was cold. This hotel seems to cater to the United training school next door and I am sure their business is not hurting. The front areas could have used a good power washing and someone to check the overflowing trash.
The public areas, hallways, and restaurant are from 1980 and not in a good way. Our room had a balcony but truly since we paid a bit extra it could not be used as we were right next to a major highway. Very unpleasant. To top it off, the parking lot seemed not very safe and the neighborhood behind the Doubletree looked dicey and unsafe.
We moved to Cherry Creek Garden Inn and it was a very nice experience. Staff was very pleasant, the facilities were nicely maintained and the food superior. I wished we had started our stay in Cherry Creek. We enjoyed the pool, the fire pit and covered outdoor area.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The Downtown Denver Marriott is rebranding and will become the Hilton Denver City Center. The rebrand is expected to take place around December 1st of this year.

https://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article96355.html
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
The Downtown Denver Marriott is rebranding and will become the Hilton Denver City Center. The rebrand is expected to take place around December 1st of this year.

https://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article96355.html
Nice! It's always been a bit of a surprise the lack of full line Hilton hotels in Denver given the high amount of business and leisure traffic. That hotel is in a really nice location too.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
I had a three night stay at the City Center recently and it was one of my better experiences to date.

First, it's only a two block walk from free 16th street mall transit (connect to Union station to airport). As a diamond, i had already been given a complimentary upgrade to a suite (without asking). I don't remember the floor number but it was two floors higher than the executive lounge. Included min-fridge but no microwave. Bathroom was nice with modern walk in shower. Everything was comfortable. There's also a 1000 point bonus offer for declining maid service. Executive lounge was a good size for the hotel. I never made it for the dinner-time snacks (no evening service on weekends) but the desserts they had were pretty awesome. Cake pops, cheese cakes, and more. Breakfast was standard lounge fair with feggs (fake eggs), potatoes, and either bacon or sausage each morning. lots of fruit and juice choices. Also 3 of the specialty coffee machines. Two attendants were always present. I'd definitely stay here again in the future.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:24 pm

Another one night stay this week after the price dropped (had been holding a Hampton reservation before).

Very nice Studio Suite; MVP price was $70-ish. Sadly these days, the breakfast at Homewoods (which used to be excellent 10 years ago) are pretty much what a Hampton Inn has, just with real plates/silverware.

Parking lot was plowed by 8am after the 1 inch of forecast snow became 5 inches.

Only annoyance is lack of power options bedside; the semi-ancient bedside lamp's base outlet didn't work.

There are several decent properties in the Denver Tech Center area; I've stayed at most of them and now pretty much go with price.

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Homewood Suites in Denver (Englewood) Tech Center

One night stay prior to an early morning meeting. Tech Center-area HHonors hotels are a nice mattress-running option for Denver-area folks on Fridays/Saturdays when the prices drop dramatically.

My rate was $56 (MVP). Huge 1 bedroom suite (much bigger than some one bedroom Homewoods I've stayed in before). Very nice staff. Breakfast area is large enough (that's been one of my beefs with some Homewoods, especially downtown ones) so as to not feel crowded. Breakfast decent, but nothing terribly special. Perfectly adequate for the purpose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.