FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   [ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/508641-archive-2018-hilton-best-rate-guarantee-brg.html)

Don in LA Dec 6, 2003 3:17 am

FWIW, I just booked a midweek stay for two weeks from now at the ES Mandalay Beach Resort in Oxnard, CA, at $169 for the room, and can't find a better deal anywhere else... Everyone's at $169. Why would they have to get it right for my reservation? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

swag Dec 6, 2003 9:25 am

I have a question about this -

Often, the good rates I see listed on Expedia are "Expedia Special rates", which are often prepay and non-refundable. Will Hilton match a regular best-rate from their website with such a rate? And if so, would your Hilton ressie remain non-prepay? If so, that would be a great benefit, even without the Amex checks.

ohmark Dec 6, 2003 10:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swag:
I have a question about this -

Often, the good rates I see listed on Expedia are "Expedia Special rates", which are often prepay and non-refundable. Will Hilton match a regular best-rate from their website with such a rate? And if so, would your Hilton ressie remain non-prepay? If so, that would be a great benefit, even without the Amex checks.
</font>
They did in my case, so I assume that is their policy. Hilton matched an Expedia Special Rate for me and did not change the status of my Hilton non-prepay reservation except to lower the rate (but for some reason, in Hilton's reply e-mail to me, it referred to the rate incorrectly as a "hotels.com" rate.)
Mark.

Xyzzy Dec 6, 2003 10:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Toronto1970:
I gave "Guest Assistance" a call, since I was concerned that I hadn't heard back.</font>
I gave them a call but they told me to fill out the form on their web site despite the fact that the site says I can just call. I'm expecting to save $8/night over the AAA rate I had previously booked and $50x2 on my two reservations. Not bad for 10 minutes of work! Of course I'm also using two of these stays for the ACAQ promo ;-)

KathyWdrf Dec 7, 2003 2:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ohmark:
They did in my case, so I assume that is their policy. Hilton matched an Expedia Special Rate for me and did not change the status of my Hilton non-prepay reservation except to lower the rate (but for some reason, in Hilton's reply e-mail to me, it referred to the rate incorrectly as a "hotels.com" rate.)
</font>
Not incorrectly. Evidently, the "Expedia Special Rates" and the Travelocity "Good Buys" (as well as hotel rates offered on many, many other websites) are actually hotels.com (aka hoteldiscounts.com et al) rates.

Kathy

ohmark Dec 7, 2003 10:13 am

[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by ohmark:
[b] They did in my case, so I assume that is their policy. Hilton matched an Expedia Special Rate for me and did not change the status of my Hilton non-prepay reservation except to lower the rate (but for some reason, in Hilton's reply e-mail to me, it referred to the rate incorrectly as a "hotels.com" rate.)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
"Not incorrectly. Evidently, the "Expedia Special Rates" and the Travelocity "Good Buys" (as well as hotel rates offered on many, many other websites) are actually hotels.com (aka hoteldiscounts.com et al) rates."
Kathy

Hi Kathy;
The hotels.com rate for the room was $159.95. The Expedia special rate was $148. Doesn't sound the same to me.
Mark

[This message has been edited by ohmark (edited Dec 07, 2003).]

kempis Dec 7, 2003 11:25 am

Now I only have to find rates for my Florida stays 13-15/15 and 21-22/12. Anyone know where I can dig up the best prices? 13-15 would be either Miami Beach or Fort Lauderdale beach and the 21st would be at MIA Airport.

Note-Found a Hampton Inn in Fort Lauderdale for 54$ while the rate at hilton.com was 74$. That means I could get the night for just 4$! if I have understood everything correctly. That would be a pretty cheap way to earn Diamond since I assume that you can use the Amex check and pay for your hotel stay or?

[This message has been edited by kempis (edited Dec 07, 2003).]

craz Dec 7, 2003 2:39 pm

KEMPIS at least for 12/14. I booked Hilton Deerfeild Beach a few miles North of FLL for $75 @ hilton.com. Orbitz had it for $63.60

Altaflyer Dec 7, 2003 4:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
That would be a pretty cheap way to earn Diamond since I assume that you can use the Amex check and pay for your hotel stay or?

[This message has been edited by kempis (edited Dec 07, 2003).]
</font>
You WILL NOT be able to use the Amex cheque on the stay on which it is earned as it is sent to you, apparently by FedEX (I'd love to see the rate they'd have to pay to get it to you!) after you have actually checked out of the hotel. My understanding is that this is in effect like a travellers cheque and probably can be cashed at a bank.

KathyWdrf Dec 7, 2003 5:30 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ohmark:
Hi Kathy;
The hotels.com rate for the room was $159.95. The Expedia special rate was $148. Doesn't sound the same to me.
</font>
Regardless of any (possible) numerical difference, the rates provided to many of these other websites are, in fact, provided by hotels.com.

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KathyWdrf (edited Dec 07, 2003).]

ohmark Dec 7, 2003 7:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:

Originally posted by ohmark:
Hi Kathy;
</font>
Regardless of any (possible) numerical difference, the rates provided to many of these other websites are, in fact, provided by hotels.com.

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KathyWdrf (edited Dec 07, 2003).]

I'm not challenging you Kathy; and I understand that there are certain websites which are referral sites for hotels.com. But upon what do you base your information that Expedia special rates are provided by hotels.com?

hindukid Dec 9, 2003 10:42 am

Edited

[This message has been edited by hindukid (edited Dec 10, 2003).]

bhatnasx Dec 9, 2003 1:37 pm

(note - I'm venting here...)

ARRGH!

Here are my frustrations with this guarantee. First frustration is that it says on the website that a claim can be submitted either over the phone or via the website. They aren't accepting claims over the phone. I submitted a claim on Sunday and haven't heard back as yet. I had a different claim resolved by. S. Shearhouse (or something - she's a director apparently) and I called yesterday to follow up with the claim I submitted on Sunday. No resolution. I told the phone agent in Guest Assistance about it and told her that Ms. Shearhouse (I can't remember her exact last name, but it was similar to that) had said (via another phone agent) that she would e-mail me within 24 hours and I hadn't received anything. The first question from the phone agent: "Well, do you have an e-mail address?" I replied - yes, I do - it's in the reservation that I made online. The next question was: "Well have you checked your e-mail to see if it was there?" Gee, no, I didn't think to check my e-mail for an e-mail that I was expecting. She then put me on hold for about 5 minutes and told me that they couldn't verify a rate that was below the 89.00 rate I had booked. I never booked an 89.00 rate, I originally booked a lower rate and was making a claim on an even lower rate. She said that's just what her supervisor told her. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she hung up on me.

THIS IS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

I called back and (as I type this) am on hold with another agent. This is ridiculous!

(ABOUT A 10 MINUTE LAG TIME & PLACED ON HOLD A FEW TIMES)

Problem resolved - after submitting an electronic claim, speaking to at least 4 different people (except Ms. Shearhouse, the person who initially was supposed to resolve this), my claim is resolved.

HILTON - WAKE UP! It shouldn't take 5 phone calls and an essentially useless web submission form to make good on a guarantee for 1 reservation - should it? This is ridiculous.

[This message has been edited by bhatnasx (edited Dec 09, 2003).]

Efrem Dec 9, 2003 2:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Toronto1970:
...btw, what exactly IS the "Hampton touch" Gold ammenity???</font>
In my experience, a bottle of water and a small package of cookies in your room when you get there, or delivered shortly thereafter. Same for Gold, Silver, and Diamond, AFAIK.

oblix8 Dec 9, 2003 3:44 pm

Rate Guarantee Denied

I found a rate for the Toronto Hilton for CDN $126/night, and a rate at Hilton for CDN $169/night. I just got a reply saying because the hotel is in Canada, they can’t match it. What a bunch of bs if you ask me. Has anyone else had this happen to them?