FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa [No longer Hilton after 3/23] {THA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/450728-hilton-phuket-arcadia-resort-spa-no-longer-hilton-after-3-23-tha.html)

arlflyer Nov 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Peter Kapusi (Post 25772320)
I also would like to remind you that in this resort, the difference between breakfast and dinner+breakfast rate is 500 BHT per person per night. Are you really sure I get 10 meals out of it?

Haha, if that's really all it is, then you're right, that's not very much. Usually hotel pricing would be higher than that in my experience. Still more expensive than the street, but if you've got picky family members then that's understandable.

Nickolash27 Nov 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Haha, no problem. I am asking it because we always like buffet type dinners on Holidays (especially my mum, who says it is better to see them before choosing rather than wait 3 differnet times if you dont like the first two you ordered).

I also would like to remind you that in this resort, the difference between breakfast and dinner+breakfast rate is 500 BHT per person per night. Are you really sure I get 10 meals out of it?

Gives you a clue to the quality of the dinner.... In Thailand I would always eat out rather than in the hotel. And yes, you can get a meal for THB50.

Kacee Nov 25, 2015 7:10 pm

500 BHT will certainly take you a long ways at local restaurants, though probably not 10 meals ;)

I think they do a buffet dinner at Sails, which is where they do breakfast. It's certainly a nice enough setting. Although I'd still much prefer to head out for something local and spicier.

vulle Nov 27, 2015 3:08 am

Anybody have contact details to the management? Trying to make some requests through reservations ([email protected]) and getting nowhere at all. I am getting answers to basic questions but no reply at all to more specific questions/requests, I am not impressed this far.

vulle Nov 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa {THA}

Ok, found GM's contact details and got a quick reply from him too.

talfred Jan 20, 2016 12:54 am

Hi guys,
I'm checking into the Hilton Phuket in a couple of weeks as a Diamond (Cash + Points) and would be great to get some input.

1. It appears that Junior Suites are offered subjected to availability. Seems like it is just a larger room with no separate living area so I'm not too excited about it

2. What worries me the most is choosing the best wing to be in? There is the Lotus Wing, Andaman Wing and Saithong Wing. Can someone please share what are the major pros and cons? I read somewhere that the Andaman Wing was recently renovated, is this true?

The property is something like 30 years old so my preference would be to stay in the newest possible wing + room and not too concern about the view or getting any sun.

Would appreciate any input!

sbams Jan 20, 2016 3:23 am

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings from Phuket, the weather is lovely now. Currently in a Lotus Wing Junior Suite.

I was twice offered both a Hilton Suite and Junior Suite and asked to choose. Both this stay and previous chose Junior Suite based on location. You are correct, Junior is nothing more than larger room. Furnishings are indeed dated but in good repair.

My logic on both stays is based on the location of the lounge on the top floor of the Lotus Wing. Other full suites offered were in Saitong (this stay) or Andaman (previously). Both were a real trek to the lounge. If like me you prefer the excellent but quieter lounge breakfast, a coffee or soft drink during the day and the sunset happy hour, then proximity to the lounge prevails.

I am sure you will enjoy, based on your own preferences.

talfred Jan 20, 2016 6:52 pm

Thank you Sbams for your feedback!

talfred Feb 2, 2016 12:50 am

It appears that Hilton suites are also offered as Diamond upgrades.

How are these rooms are the furnishings newer? I couldn't find much info on this room category

djjaguar64 Feb 2, 2016 10:15 am

Originally Posted by sbams (Post 26048158)
Greetings from Phuket, the weather is lovely now. Currently in a Lotus Wing Junior Suite.

I was twice offered both a Hilton Suite and Junior Suite and asked to choose. Both this stay and previous chose Junior Suite based on location. You are correct, Junior is nothing more than larger room. Furnishings are indeed dated but in good repair.

My logic on both stays is based on the location of the lounge on the top floor of the Lotus Wing. Other full suites offered were in Saitong (this stay) or Andaman (previously). Both were a real trek to the lounge. If like me you prefer the excellent but quieter lounge breakfast, a coffee or soft drink during the day and the sunset happy hour, then proximity to the lounge prevails.

I am sure you will enjoy, based on your own preferences.

I am a Hilton Diamond and planning for My 2-5 stay. What would you recommend we book? Should I book a room with Lounge Access or as I diamond I get lounge access.
Does the property have airport pick up?
I have 2 knee replacements and would like to be close to the beach as well as not trek too far to the lounge. They are having a promo right now if i am not wrong.
Do they serve any food in the lounge in the evening?

JetSet05 Feb 2, 2016 10:52 am

I am also a Diamond staying May 1-May 5th. See you there!

Afterwards I am headed to Koh Samui then Bangkok.

djjaguar64 Feb 2, 2016 10:54 am

Originally Posted by JetSet05 (Post 26121518)
I am also a Diamond staying May 1-May 5th. See you there!

Afterwards I am headed to Koh Samui then Bangkok.

Ha ha, thats cool.

Chang11 Feb 2, 2016 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64 (Post 26121330)
I have 2 knee replacements and would like to be close to the beach as well as not trek too far to the lounge.

At this property your going to have to choose, the lounge is a trek to the beach.

greg0ire Feb 13, 2016 10:00 am

How is this hotel in July? Are the beaches nice during the monsoon season? I'm thinking of doing two nights at Conrad KS and two nights at Ko tao before coming here for three nights. Might be moving around too much. I have no idea. Doing as much research as I can.

Kacee Feb 13, 2016 10:15 am

Originally Posted by greg0ire (Post 26178874)
How is this hotel in July? Are the beaches nice during the monsoon season? I'm thinking of doing two nights at Conrad KS and two nights at Ko tao before coming here for three nights. Might be moving around too much.

I would not go to Phuket (or anywhere on the Andaman Sea) in July. It's likely to be rainy and the water will be exceptionally dangerous.

And yes, that's too much moving around. I'd pick one place and stay there.

Conrad Koh Samui is an awful lot of transit for just two nights.