Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Cheapest and Least-Expensive Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Cheapest and Least-Expensive Hilton Honors Properties in the World

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2015, 11:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Replying to this necro-thread instead of making a new post, because it seemed like the right one to bump.

I've got an opportunity to burn a ton of air travel this summer, so air is covered, but I am wanting to maximize my hotel dollars/points.

Anyone have leads on cheaper-priced HHonors properties in Europe or other "American-traveler-easy" worldwide destinations?

We've been most everywhere in the U.S., so we are looking to branch out without getting too challenging in our travel since I'll have my gradeschool-age kids with me. Once they go back to school, I'll scout some more rural spots around the world by myself before taking them.

Thanks!

TDM
Old Jun 6, 2015, 11:58 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Anyone have leads on cheaper-priced HHonors properties in Europe or other "American-traveler-easy" worldwide destinations?
If you are willing to pay for your room rates in advance, you can find some really good deals here.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 1:16 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

I think only you can decide what is an "American traveller easy" destination, so here is a link that may help you. Simply input your destination country, and it shows all the hotels in the country / city etc and how many points are required.

http://hhonorspointssearchtool.com
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by Beano HK
I think only you can decide what is an "American traveller easy" destination, so here is a link that may help you. Simply input your destination country, and it shows all the hotels in the country / city etc and how many points are required.

Good link, thanks! I'm looking for dollar nights. Not points right now, but I'll keep this one bookmarked just the same!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Glancing at local properties in the hopes of getting a rate making the 5,000 points a night bonus worth it, I noticed that the Hilton Garden Inn Research Triangle Park on the Raleigh/Durham border is $64/night for some nights this month.

Last edited by CMK10; Jun 18, 2015 at 10:59 pm
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:29 am

Through July 16, 2015, you can score an AAA rate of $48.00 per night — including all taxes and fees — at the Hilton Hurghada Resort. Reservations apparently must be booked a minimum of three days in advance to secure this room rate.

I have stayed at this hotel property. It is the only hotel property at which I have ever stayed branded as a Hilton with exterior doors and no interior hallway to access rooms.

Elite status level Hilton HHonors VIP members can receive such amenities as free buffet breakfast in the restaurant as there is no executive lounge; a fruit plate; and a possible free upgrade to a suite. This hotel property has its own private beach on the Red Sea.

If you find yourself in Hurghada, I would recommend staying at this hotel property.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Through July 16, 2015, you can score an AAA rate of $48.00 per night — including all taxes and fees — at the Hilton Hurghada Resort.
That's pretty much through the end of Ramadan. Probably isn't a very popular leisure travel period in that part of the world. Wonder if other ME properties are running sales as well?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
That's pretty much through the end of Ramadan. Probably isn't a very popular leisure travel period in that part of the world. Wonder if other ME properties are running sales as well?
True; but those room rates already existed for at least a month on most dates prior to today.

As for whether other hotel and resort properties in the Middle East are running sales as well: Yes; as well as Europe and Africa.

Click here for additional details.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Beano HK

Thanks for sharing; I've added it to my travel bookmarks!

That said...a word of warning for those who use the tool; it's not using real-time data. For example, it lists the Hampton by Hilton Panama as a 5,000 point/night property (category 1), but it received an increase to category 2 (10K/night) on October 14, 2015. The page says that the data is "periodically updated", but that could mean anything...in this case, 6 months and counting!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by sirrebral
For example, it lists the Hampton by Hilton Panama as a 5,000 point/night property (category 1), but it received an increase to category 2 (10K/night) on October 14, 2015. The page says that the data is "periodically updated", but that could mean anything...in this case, 6 months and counting!
I see you have had your first introduction to "Panama time".
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Don't forget with summer coming up, the Phoenix Hilton properties, especially the ones in the suburbs, will start pricing very cheaply again ^
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:56 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
So, end of the year is approaching and some of us need a stay or two to hit Diamond (too many Priceline stays this year!). With online check-in and virtual keys it would seem location no longer matters for these stays, just need to check-in and get your key, no need to actually show up, right? So, what are some of the cheapest properties anywhere in the world we can use to get a few stays?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
With online check-in and virtual keys it would seem location no longer matters for these stays, just need to check-in and get your key, no need to actually show up, right?
No, not right.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:19 pm

So, end of the year is approaching and some of us need a stay or two to hit Diamond (too many Priceline stays this year!). With online check-in and virtual keys it would seem location no longer matters for these stays, just need to check-in and get your key, no need to actually show up, right? So, what are some of the cheapest properties anywhere in the world we can use to get a few stays?
Do not be surprised if you are charged as a no-show.
Property can tell if the virtual key was used on the property (lift / room etc).
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Have you tried this before ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.