FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Homewood Suites by Hilton Hillsboro/Beaverton {US-OR} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/371862-homewood-suites-hilton-hillsboro-beaverton-us.html)

jetguy727 Nov 15, 2004 6:59 pm

Homewood Suites by Hilton Hillsboro/Beaverton {US-OR}

I wanted to share my stay experience at HWS Portland/Beaverton, OR. I was very impressed with the facility, lobby and "Lodge" area was nice. Very spacious, warm and inviting. Front desk staff was extremely helpful and nice. Being my first stay at HWS, I did not know what to expect of their "suite". It indeed was a full suite - nice bedroom/bathroom area with double doors, great if you're entertaining or working with others in your room. For an extended stay, this is the way to go! I wish they were around about 20 years ago when I had a job transfer and condo wasn't ready to move into!

This was a combination mattress run (to move up to Gold), business, and pre-holiday shopping. Facility is fairly new, and next door to a new Hilton Garden Inn.

I am not speaking for all HWS's - but this was new and nice, and I would book it again if necessary. Price was awesome - $62.90 for AAA!!!

arctictraveler Nov 16, 2004 6:13 am

I could have written the same review for the HS in GRR. Our first HS stay, for a mattress run/shopping (seeking diamond :) )

Very nice place. We're going to check them out in the Orlando area for next year on spring break.

mmv123 Jul 27, 2019 10:23 am

Homewood Suites Hillsboro/Beaverton (Portland)

I had 2 rooms booked on points for two nights. On the first night my son woke up COVERED in insect bites. I went downstairs, informed the front desk clerk that my son was covered in bites. I told them I wanted my 2ed nights stay reward points reimbursed (because I was checking out to move to another hotel) and the room refunded. The clerk initially hemmed and hawed but the manager was there too. She agreed and let me know she was sorry and the points would be refunded. I moved to a nearby Embassy Suites and waited for the results.

I got the reward reimbursed for the second nights rooms but the first (with the bites) was never refunded. To add insult to injury we brought home bedbugs and had to have the house heat treated. UGH!!!! I called the hotel SO MANY TIMES just to be informed the person who deals with this wasn't in. First it was Cindy, then Bianca. I was never to this day able to speak to anyone who "Could deal with this" Hilton said their couldn't do anything and I had to deal directly with the hotel. Called HHonors again, opened an incident report only to get the message:

"Thank you for contacting Hilton Guest Assistance. My name is Maria. It will be my pleasure to assist with your bed bugs concern at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Hillsboro/Beaverton. It is my understanding that the hotel has not contacted you regarding your hotel service issue. I sincerely apologize for the delay. Please be advised that my office is unable to be of further assistance with this issue. If you need further assistance with this issue, please contact the hotel management via phone at +1(503)614-0900.
Should you have any additional questions relative to this matter, please contact our Guest Assistance office at [email protected]."

What?!?! I just want the points refunded. I'm not asking for money or compensation for the heat treating, just my points that I earned back. I'm so frustrated. I'm gold btw not that it matters to Hilton, I guess. Suggestions?

squeakr Jul 27, 2019 10:44 am

Send a message to the Hilton Rep here.

HonorsRepresentative

mmv123 Jul 27, 2019 11:16 am

okay, thanks!

deskover54 Jul 28, 2019 6:40 am

Thx for the warning. I've stayed there many times. Will avoid in the future. Maybe should call the health department so it doesn't happen to someone else?

KevPNW Jul 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Do you have proof (pictures, bills, etc.)? If so, sounds like it’s time to publicly share your story across all review sites. That may get their attention. I’d recommend starting with TripAdvisor since that seems to be Hilton’s favorite site followed by Yelp and Google Reviews. Filing a report with the Health Department couldn’t hurt either.

storewanderer Jul 29, 2019 8:34 pm

The first thing I try to do in situations like this is figure out who owns the place and how to contact someone as high up as possible (once I determine local management is not responsive). This is a bit of a fun one.

This article may explain why nobody seems to care... looks like it has been an institutional owned (read: foreclosed upon) property. I wonder if you were there under the "institutional" ownership or immediately after the new owner BHG Hotels took over. Perhaps you could contact BHG Hotels and speak to their management... but the timing right around the sale of the property is somewhat bad for trying to get any sort of compensation for this. Old owner took the money and ran. New owner just took over and this issue is not really their fault...

https://www.us.jll.com/en/newsroom/j...and-area-hotel

" JLL marketed the property on behalf of an institutional seller. BHG Hotels, one of the premier hotel owners, developers and operators in the Pacific Northwest, purchased the asset. Additionally, working on behalf of the new owner, JLL placed the 10-year, fixed-rate acquisition loan with American Real Estate Capital, based in Coral Gables, Florida, which is headed by senior managing director David Nigro."