Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with Hilton website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
No more shuttle/transport info

I'm trying to book for an overnight at ORD. As previously reported, the new search page thinks "ORD" means Orly, France or Orlando, Florida, and even after picking "Chicago O'Hare International Airport" it uses central Chicago as the reference point and sorts by distance from that, so ORD airports are on the fourth page. I can't understand why Hilton thinks this is a good idea.

So, after laboriously searching for places that are actually close to ORD, I can see rates at the properties, but there's no way to get to the old hotel home page that lists transportation options. Amazingly, I can't tell if any of the airports have an airport shuttle without calling them. Again, how is this good for business?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 4:56 pm

I got so frustrated trying to book anywhere near ORD that I went to the Hyatt site. Typed on ORD, and it immediately recognized that, and showed me results sorted by distance from the airport. Clicked one of the properties, and under "transportation" it says there is a shuttle. I am starting to wonder if the Hilton web site is designed by disgruntled employees or contractors trying to drive business away.
hockeydiva likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
I am SO TIRED of this redesign. Biggest current issue? When I finally get to the page with my current reservations, there is no order to them. I want to see them in chronological order of stays [so my next stay is the first one], but no. The first stay listed is for next year. I don't even see any way to reorder the list, and I have to take extra steps just to filter out everything other than "upcoming stays."

PLEASE at least give me the option to use the "classic" view. I apparently have 166 "results", and even when I filter for "upcoming stays", they actually seem to be in REVERSE order of stay dates. Why on earth would that be the ONLY way to view this list??????
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by hockeydiva
Why on earth would that be the ONLY way to view this list??????
I can't even figure out why reverse chronological order would ever be desirable.
hockeydiva likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 4:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by anabolism
I can't even figure out why reverse chronological order would ever be desirable.
Exactly!!!
Old Apr 15, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by moa999
Agree.
My big issue with the app is no ability to look at flexible dates
is there a way to look at flexible dates on the website? if so, how?

the redesign site is badly broken. it's almost like this was some kind of prototype that was put into production months before the bugs were fixed. it's many, many steps BACK from the old version which was basic and not sexy but very usable.
hockeydiva and ChinaShrek like this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by woodford02A
is there a way to look at flexible dates on the website? if so, how?
Yes. From the main Hilton page, click the dates and check "My dates are flexible." If you're looking at a specific property, click the dates and you'll see "Flexible travel dates?" and "Shop by Price" at the bottom. Click "Shop by Price."

Originally Posted by woodford02A
the redesign site is badly broken. it's almost like this was some kind of prototype that was put into production months before the bugs were fixed. it's many, many steps BACK from the old version which was basic and not sexy but very usable.
I think this is the exact design Hilton wants. I think their development team has spent many months working tirelessly to delete information, remove functionality, and in general make the site and the app look "sleek," "clean," and "modern," which means lots of graphics and empty space, and very little information or usability. I wish this was just a rushed prototype, because then there might be hope that it will get better.
hockeydiva likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2020, 8:27 pm

In my experience this looks like a total offshore activity where they offshored the business requirements as well as development.Why they signed off and launched is the puzzle.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hertz Five Star
I tried using the MVP site this morning and it is totally screwed up, it cannot even load their regular rates. It was working fine yesterday! I am so surprised at Hilton and that they allow this 3rd grade website redesign to continue. Whoever is responsible for the redesign should be terminated or resign in disgrace. There is little to no business for them right now so it is now an opportune time to fix all these issues.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Kitmick1
I tried using the MVP site this morning and it is totally screwed up, it cannot even load their regular rates. It was working fine yesterday! I am so surprised at Hilton and that they allow this 3rd grade website redesign to continue. Whoever is responsible for the redesign should be terminated or resign in disgrace. There is little to no business for them right now so it is now an opportune time to fix all these issues.
One has to assume that since nothing is ever fixed, this is how they want the site and app to operate.
hockeydiva likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 2:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I really do not understand why my upcoming stays would be sorted by date in reverse order on the website. Who programs such ....? Surely you want your next stay on top by default?

hockeydiva and moa999 like this.
Old May 1, 2020, 12:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I no longer have to go through trial-by-Captcha to get into the site. My days of counting fire hydrants are over.
I'm happy for you, but not nearly as happy as I would be if I hadn't needed to identify a crosswalk a few minutes ago.

Originally Posted by anabolism
Well, I have one answer, and that's when a list of upcoming stays is not available at all. A few minutes ago, both the link for activity and the link for upcoming stays said they went to https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/cus...servations.htm, but in fact they each went to https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-honors/guest/activity/.

And how do I keep the forum software from turning the URL text into links? When it does that in Preview, it shortens the first URL text and inserts an ellipsis, which is not what I want.
hockeydiva likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 12:23 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Am I the only who not only has the upcoming stays in reverse order, but cancelled ones intermingled with them? I panicked when I saw some upcoming stays that I "thought" I had cancelled, then realized they were cancelled, but still listed together with live reservations.
hockeydiva likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Am I the only who not only has the upcoming stays in reverse order, but cancelled ones intermingled with them? I panicked when I saw some upcoming stays that I "thought" I had cancelled, then realized they were cancelled, but still listed together with live reservations.
No you are not and there is no way to correct it. The IT department is full of idiots, and the marketing department is full self involved fools, topped off by an executive department that is clueless. Result will be declining business.
hockeydiva and ChinaShrek like this.
Old May 13, 2020, 10:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I just visited the circle of hell that is https://www.hilton.com/en/ to investigate travel to Turkey and Greece (medium-late next year). I typed Turkey in the "Where to?" box and chose Turkey TR from the offered items; the web site returned something in Wisconsin. I typed Greece in the "Where to?" box and chose Greece GR from the offered items and the web site said there were no hotels. It's appalling.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So I hunted for this thread because I thought I remembered some workaround. I don't doubt that it used to work, but Hilton has fixed it, at least for me. Using the above link, logged in or not, I got the same result. And that was with clearing cache and cookies before trying.

And I did need to deal with the Captcha to get logged in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.