Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with Hilton website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 7:06 pm

I opened the site.
I typed in London and selected London UK.
I clicked on date and selected from calendar.
I clicked on date and selected from calendar.
I clicked on "Find a Hotel".
I scrolled through the hotel list in the left to find the one I wanted. I clicked on the arrow
I scrolled to find the hotel I wanted and clicked Select
I clicked on Login to log in and populate the traveler details. Subsequently clicked "I am not a Robot" and entered.
Clicked Continue.
Clicked Book.

Not sure there is another hotel site that is remarkably less complex. Marriott is certainly comparable.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 7:55 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...mbassador.html
Can you not get someone to pay attention?
As I said previously, I continue to pass along any struggles with the web site that are reported here.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Larrude and milesmilesmiles like this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
As I said previously, I continue to pass along any struggles with the web site that are reported here.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Is anyone listening? Are these merely ignored?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Is anyone listening?...
They are acknowledging my messages, so I have to assume they are.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:57 am

They are acknowledging my messages, so I have to assume they are.
Thank you, William. Is there a way to ask them if they take these issues seriously enough to fix any of them?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
Thank you, William. Is there a way to ask them if they take these issues seriously enough to fix any of them?
There is no reason for me to ask them that. Issues are being identified...tickets are being opened...fixes are being prioritized...updates are being scheduled. All based upon feedback from here and other resources. But, it's going to be process, so everyone's patience is appreciated.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
I see they the armchair web designers are alive and well in this thread.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Customers are not happy. There are obviously issues that we don't know about. Surely if William is raising the flag of concern, someone is taking notice.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...mbassador.html
Can you not get someone to pay attention?
Dude, relax. Your point has been made. A few people complaining on an FT forum is not a problem that rises to the level of immediate corporate action.

The website user interface is annoying and contains a lot of unnecessary graphics and pointless wasted space (e.g giant map). Welcome to the current day Internet. Life goes on.
xooz, smmrfld, lougord99 and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bse118
Dude, relax. Your point has been made. A few people complaining on an FT forum is not a problem that rises to the level of immediate corporate action.

The website user interface is annoying and contains a lot of unnecessary graphics and pointless wasted space (e.g giant map). Welcome to the current day Internet. Life goes on.
New Hilton web page:

Hilton

click here.

David
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Trying to book near O'Hare...

Type in "ORD" to the search bar. It's the 9th result behind several European cities with the letter "ord" in their name. Ranked just above Orly airport, though.

I execute the search and the default sort is by distance from searched location.

The first 15 search results are all downtown Chicago, despite being listed as less than 0.5 miles from ORD. It appears Hilton's location database thinks O'Hare is in downtown Chicago.

No worries, I'll scroll further. No wait, the site only displays the first 15 results on the first page.

Result #22 is the first hotel not in downtown. Result #28 is the first property located at/near ORD.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by bse118

I have an idea for you DUDE, move along, unfollow, whatever suits you. But NOTHING you say will stop me from speaking my piece. But when I do, I will use proper English. So it might be best not to waste your time trying to influence my comments. I will simply ignore you.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 3:47 pm

I have an idea for you DUDE, move along, unfollow, whatever suits you. But NOTHING you say will stop me from speaking my piece. But when I do, I will use proper English. So it might be best not to waste your time trying to influence my comments. I will simply ignore you.
If this issue worries you as much as seems apparent in this thread, there’s not much we can do to help IMO. You travel, stuff happens (including frustrating tech), deal with it. You’ll be happier. Really. BTW, “proper English” precludes the use of all caps such as exhibited in your post. See...nobody’s always right, including hospitality providers and their tech/marketing teams. And interwebs commenters.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 4:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I hope that the Hilton IT team looks at this thread, and with that hope, I will note a couple of specific items that I believe should be addressed.

I visited the web site to check on some recent stays. I transcribed the awarded points to my tracking spreadsheet and I downloaded folios. There was never a time when I went as long as 30 seconds without taking some action on the web site. Twice, the web site asked if I wanted to continue the session. Well, yes, since I was actively working there, I did want to continue the session. I don't think the web site should have asked until much more time had passed.

After I finished that record keeping, I investigated making new reservations. I looked at one city, and then I wanted to look at another city. When I tried to change the city on the web page, I got one of those circular "I'm working on it" spinners, which continued for a minute. Then I clicked Close on the pop-down pane, which is what I should have done immediately. When I clicked Update, my new search executed. But why did the web site give me the "I'm working on it" motion?

Then I wanted to review already-made reservations. I clicked the "Hi, serpens" message in the upper right, after which I was given my point total and the choices to Cancel or Sign Out. There was no way to get back to Member Home, the Activity screen, the Reservations screen, or anything else. For what it's worth, I left the Hilton window open while I composed this post, and I was away from the web site for minutes, and I never got any query asking if I wanted to continue the session.

I'm solidly in the camp of those who believe that Hilton should restore the previous web site.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:14 pm

There is no reason for me to ask them that. Issues are being identified...tickets are being opened...fixes are being prioritized...updates are being scheduled. All based upon feedback from here and other resources. But, it's going to be process, so everyone's patience is appreciated.
I wasn't trying to be snarky, William, and I'm sorry if my words appeared that way. I genuinely want to know if there is any hope that the fundamental issues being complained about here will get fixed, or if, as it appears, Hilton has decided that they are perfectly happy with a frustrating web site that doesn't provide information and is extremely difficult to use. I've been an engineer long enough to understand that fixes take time, but no fix can happen until managers decide a fix is needed. That's the sine qua non. And that's what I'm trying to understand if we have or not. Tickets by themselves don't mean they will ever get addressed.

Originally Posted by Jambon87
I see they the armchair web designers are alive and well in this thread.
I would, perhaps naively, think that Hilton would be well-served by listening to the frustrations and complaints, agreeing that there is a fundamental problem, and identify a strategy to fix it. That might or might not include any specific changes suggested in this thread, that's not the point. The point is the underlying problems.

Customers are not happy. There are obviously issues that we don't know about. Surely if William is raising the flag of concern, someone is taking notice.
I hope so. I have no indication if anyone is or is not taking notice.

Originally Posted by serpens
I hope that the Hilton IT team looks at this thread, and with that hope, I will note a couple of specific items that I believe should be addressed.

[snip]

I'm solidly in the camp of those who believe that Hilton should restore the previous web site.
That would, in my view, be a good interim step. Or at least a link to go to it for those who prefer to accomplish something.
hockeydiva likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.