Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with Hilton website

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I did better, I booked on Marriott instead. They want to make it so hard to use their website, I will take my business somewhere that is easier to use. Not that Marriott is great, but it is better than Hilton now.

Unfortunately I have had to book 8 reservations on Marriott recently. I am not going to fight to do business with Hilton.

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 21, 2020 at 11:04 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
I am not going to fight to do business with Hilton.
LOL...until you're Bonvoyed.
SPN Lifer and lougord99 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
LOL...until you're Bonvoyed.
What does that mean?
I have gold for life. Not great, but not bottom.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
You'll have to peruse the Marriott forum for greater insight into that.

You've been Bonvoyed!
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Where is Starwood Lurker/Can you Hear me now on Hilton?

I know William went to work for Hilton, does he have a new handle on here?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
What does that mean?
I have gold for life. Not great, but not bottom.
I think that is the first time I have seen anyone happy about Marriott gold.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:03 am

Hilton Honors Ambassador
Old Feb 20, 2020, 7:50 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
I know William went to work for Hilton, does he have a new handle on here?
Here am I.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Feb 20, 2020, 8:48 pm

I wish you would get the word to the IT department over the website, that they are running off customers left and right.
Citation? Or are you just making this up?
Old Feb 20, 2020, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
I wish you would get the word to the IT department over the website, that they are running off customers left and right. They do not seem to do anything but go farther and farther into garbage web design.
I mean the new booking page on the main website is objectively terrible - I absolutely do not need a giant map with pins of the hotel locations taking up half my screen.

But this thread is a little over dramatic isn't it?
lougord99 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Citation? Or are you just making this up?
Read their FB page, people are complaining and getting a canned response. Look at the Hilton Diamond Twitter.

Originally Posted by bse118
I mean the new booking page on the main website is objectively terrible - I absolutely do not need a giant map with pins of the hotel locations taking up half my screen.

But this thread is a little over dramatic isn't it?
It is a bunch of pictures that slows down the browser to the point that I was actually able to time it from start to page load to a point you could use it and it is dreadfully slow.

I do not want pictures of rooms, I don't trust them anyway. I want a list of room types and rates available (like previously done).

I do not want a bunch of convoluted pretty pretty, I want to make my reservation and go. I have better things to do. If they want to do this, have two website interfaces that you can select when you sign in. If I log in, I get classic. If a newbie logs in, or a guest visitor comes to the site, they get all the pretty pictures and baloney information that a seasoned traveler could care less about.

I also liked it when I could see annual progress to Diamond with a count down of nights left to next level and stays left to next level. It is gone now.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 21, 2020 at 11:05 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:38 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
I wish you would get the word to the IT department over the website, that they are running off customers left and right. They do not seem to do anything but go farther and farther into garbage web design...
You have our very sincere apologies for any inconvenience. I did send this thread to interested internal departments and I do send others like it so they can be made aware of customer sentiments.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Crampedin13A, beltway, :D! and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:39 am

If I look at the Hilton and Marriott landing page, I see a virtually identical approach. A list of links in the header, a small block form for actually searching for a hotel, and the rest is pictures or big icons of link to stuff that no regular customers make use of. I would like all of the sites to provide a "expert" or "Diamond" type landing page with no fluff, something like just a booking interface on one side and a summary of recent trips and miles/points total on the other., Would load quickly and allow access to the interfaces that 80% of the frequent travelers go to the web site for, They have the stats somewhere, so such a construction should be easy to accomplish.

Last edited by xooz; Feb 21, 2020 at 8:23 am
Old Feb 21, 2020, 7:51 am
Suspended

yep, as Ye Ole Saying goes, "If it aint broken DONT fix it"

William its a Royal Pain! please get them to bring back the old site which was 1000% better
holmedown likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xooz
If I look at the Hilton and Marriott landing page, I see a virtually identical approach. A list of links in the header, a small block form for actually searching for a hotel, and the rest is pictures or big icons of link to stuff that no regular customers make use of. I would like all of the sites to provide a "expert" or "Diamond" type landing page with no fluff, something like just a booking interface on one side and a summary of recent trips and miles/points total on the other., Would load quickly and allow access to the interfaces that 80% of the frequent travelers co to the web site for, They have the stats somewhere, so such a construction should be easy to accomplish.
We agree!

They are trying to use an Expedia approach. Hmm same reasons heavy travelers don't use Expedia, we don't want fluff.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.