FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Accessible room option on reservation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/2006882-accessible-room-option-reservation.html)

txrus Jan 30, 2020 2:31 pm

Accessible room option on reservation

Hi everyone,

We all know the Hilton website can be, well let's just say, a bit wonky at times & leave it at that.

Just got a call from an HGI sales manager for my trip next week wanting to know if I really wanted accessible rooms for me & the 5 people traveling with me. Told her no & thanks for checking.

Checked the reservations on-line & sure enough, ALL the reservations I currently have booked are now showing accessible room requested. Checked my HH profile to be-no accessible room box checked in my profile.

Booked a room for another trip in March, making sure that the accessible room filter was firmly off, & guess what's on the reservation confirmation? Yup, accessible room requested.

Anyone else had something like this happen?

cjd Jan 31, 2020 3:51 am

Originally Posted by txrus (Post 32013545)
Hi everyone,

We all know the Hilton website can be, well let's just say, a bit wonky at times & leave it at that.

Just got a call from an HGI sales manager for my trip next week wanting to know if I really wanted accessible rooms for me & the 5 people traveling with me. Told her no & thanks for checking.

Checked the reservations on-line & sure enough, ALL the reservations I currently have booked are now showing accessible room requested. Checked my HH profile to be-no accessible room box checked in my profile.

Booked a room for another trip in March, making sure that the accessible room filter was firmly off, & guess what's on the reservation confirmation? Yup, accessible room requested.

Not sure if this applies to you, but in my Honors profile, it gives me the option of ticking 2 boxes under "BedType" and then gives the option of stating which is the most important. These options are "Smoking" and "Accessible." As I require neither of these options, I leave them unticked. I assume that by ticking the "Accessible" option, that would infer that is one of my requirements if available. You state that you have checked the "no accessible " room box. Just wondering if you've actually ticked the box requesting an accessible room?

txrus Jan 31, 2020 5:36 am

Originally Posted by cjd (Post 32015502)
Not sure if this applies to you, but in my Honors profile, it gives me the option of ticking 2 boxes under "BedType" and then gives the option of stating which is the most important. These options are "Smoking" and "Accessible." As I require neither of these options, I leave them unticked. I assume that by ticking the "Accessible" option, that would infer that is one of my requirements if available. You state that you have checked the "no accessible " room box. Just wondering if you've actually ticked the box requesting an accessible room?

First thing I looked at in my profile after the call-that box is unchecked.

awesomeness2 Jan 31, 2020 6:40 am

Yah, this has happened to me. Once it does, it carries through to all future reservations and it is not easy to spot or correct The fix is several levels down. It's a wonky suck.

txrus Jan 31, 2020 9:05 am

Originally Posted by awesomeness2 (Post 32015847)
Yah, this has happened to me. Once it does, it carries through to all future reservations and it is not easy to spot or correct The fix is several levels down. It's a wonky suck.

Care to share the fix? Or what got broken in the first place?

Global Adventurer Jan 31, 2020 11:14 am

Originally Posted by txrus (Post 32013545)
Hi everyone,

Yes! This just happened to me too. And I can't figure out how to fix it. I haven't checked any boxes, but it shows up.

The only boxes I've checked for rates were AARP, so maybe that's the problem. They think I'm old and need an accessible room😄

Do you add AARP/Senior rates when you search for Hilton hotels? If so, I think that might be the culprit. If not, I have no clue.

txrus Jan 31, 2020 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer (Post 32016988)
Yes! This just happened to me too. And I can't figure out how to fix it. I haven't checked any boxes, but it shows up.

The only boxes I've checked for rates were AARP, so maybe that's the problem. They think I'm old and need an accessible room😄

Do you add AARP/Senior rates when you search for Hilton hotels? If so, I think that might be the culprit. If not, I have no clue.

AAA yes, but no AARP rate.

Winniesbestfriend Feb 1, 2020 1:56 am

Exactly the same problem here, and nobody can solve it. You can uncheck that box a hundred times it doesn’t make a difference.
Spoke to diamond desk, they apologised said they would fix it and of course didn’t.

txrus Feb 8, 2020 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend (Post 32019417)
Exactly the same problem here, and nobody can solve it. You can uncheck that box a hundred times it doesn’t make a difference.
Spoke to diamond desk, they apologised said they would fix it and of course didn’t.

The HH twitter bot just said they are aware of the issue & 'hope to have it fixed soon'. :rolleyes:

bamboola Feb 9, 2020 8:20 am

I had the same issue on all my upcoming reservations. I called the Diamond Desk, who forwarded me to Guest Assistance. A rep manually removed the accessible comment from all my reservations, except for one that wouldn't go away. On that one, the rep inserted a note that an accessible room was not needed.