Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Accessible room option on reservation

Old Jan 30, 20, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond

Hi everyone,

We all know the Hilton website can be, well let's just say, a bit wonky at times & leave it at that.

Just got a call from an HGI sales manager for my trip next week wanting to know if I really wanted accessible rooms for me & the 5 people traveling with me. Told her no & thanks for checking.

Checked the reservations on-line & sure enough, ALL the reservations I currently have booked are now showing accessible room requested. Checked my HH profile to be-no accessible room box checked in my profile.

Booked a room for another trip in March, making sure that the accessible room filter was firmly off, & guess what's on the reservation confirmation? Yup, accessible room requested.

Anyone else had something like this happen?
Old Jan 31, 20, 3:51 am
cjd

Originally Posted by txrus View Post
Hi everyone,

We all know the Hilton website can be, well let's just say, a bit wonky at times & leave it at that.

Just got a call from an HGI sales manager for my trip next week wanting to know if I really wanted accessible rooms for me & the 5 people traveling with me. Told her no & thanks for checking.

Checked the reservations on-line & sure enough, ALL the reservations I currently have booked are now showing accessible room requested. Checked my HH profile to be-no accessible room box checked in my profile.

Booked a room for another trip in March, making sure that the accessible room filter was firmly off, & guess what's on the reservation confirmation? Yup, accessible room requested.

Not sure if this applies to you, but in my Honors profile, it gives me the option of ticking 2 boxes under "BedType" and then gives the option of stating which is the most important. These options are "Smoking" and "Accessible." As I require neither of these options, I leave them unticked. I assume that by ticking the "Accessible" option, that would infer that is one of my requirements if available. You state that you have checked the "no accessible " room box. Just wondering if you've actually ticked the box requesting an accessible room?
Old Jan 31, 20, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Not sure if this applies to you, but in my Honors profile, it gives me the option of ticking 2 boxes under "BedType" and then gives the option of stating which is the most important. These options are "Smoking" and "Accessible." As I require neither of these options, I leave them unticked. I assume that by ticking the "Accessible" option, that would infer that is one of my requirements if available. You state that you have checked the "no accessible " room box. Just wondering if you've actually ticked the box requesting an accessible room?
First thing I looked at in my profile after the call-that box is unchecked.
Old Jan 31, 20, 6:40 am

Programs: AMEX MR, Southwest, HH Diamond, M Life, Hertz, Amtrak
Yah, this has happened to me. Once it does, it carries through to all future reservations and it is not easy to spot or correct The fix is several levels down. It's a wonky suck.
Old Jan 31, 20, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by awesomeness2 View Post
Yah, this has happened to me. Once it does, it carries through to all future reservations and it is not easy to spot or correct The fix is several levels down. It's a wonky suck.
Care to share the fix? Or what got broken in the first place?
Old Jan 31, 20, 11:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum, IHG Platinum, Choice Privilege Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by txrus View Post
Hi everyone,

Yes! This just happened to me too. And I can't figure out how to fix it. I haven't checked any boxes, but it shows up.

The only boxes I've checked for rates were AARP, so maybe that's the problem. They think I'm old and need an accessible room😄

Do you add AARP/Senior rates when you search for Hilton hotels? If so, I think that might be the culprit. If not, I have no clue.
Old Jan 31, 20, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer View Post
Yes! This just happened to me too. And I can't figure out how to fix it. I haven't checked any boxes, but it shows up.

The only boxes I've checked for rates were AARP, so maybe that's the problem. They think I'm old and need an accessible room😄

Do you add AARP/Senior rates when you search for Hilton hotels? If so, I think that might be the culprit. If not, I have no clue.
AAA yes, but no AARP rate.
Old Feb 1, 20, 1:56 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Exactly the same problem here, and nobody can solve it. You can uncheck that box a hundred times it doesnít make a difference.
Spoke to diamond desk, they apologised said they would fix it and of course didnít.
Old Feb 8, 20, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Winniesbestfriend View Post
Exactly the same problem here, and nobody can solve it. You can uncheck that box a hundred times it doesnít make a difference.
Spoke to diamond desk, they apologised said they would fix it and of course didnít.
The HH twitter bot just said they are aware of the issue & 'hope to have it fixed soon'.
Winniesbestfriend likes this.
Old Feb 9, 20, 8:20 am

I had the same issue on all my upcoming reservations. I called the Diamond Desk, who forwarded me to Guest Assistance. A rep manually removed the accessible comment from all my reservations, except for one that wouldn't go away. On that one, the rep inserted a note that an accessible room was not needed.
Global Adventurer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: