FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   I will never dare to eat another cookie from Doubletree Hilton (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1985287-i-will-never-dare-eat-another-cookie-doubletree-hilton.html)

#1son Aug 30, 2019 9:56 pm

I will never dare to eat another cookie from Doubletree Hilton

when I checked in last night here in Italy, the clerk gave me this greasy little brown bag that looked and smelled just horrible

never again
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9179b91125.jpg

Kamalaasaa Aug 30, 2019 10:00 pm

You’re not supposed to eat the bag ...

BlueZebra Aug 31, 2019 7:40 am

Super first world problem...

hedoman Aug 31, 2019 11:40 am

I'm guessing that most guys have figured out not to touch these cookies after the second try. I've seen two women eat these things.....both weighed more than the legal limit.

hugolover Aug 31, 2019 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman (Post 31477058)
I'm guessing that most guys have figured out not to touch these cookies after the second try. I've seen two women eat these things.....both weighed more than the legal limit.

Is that you Katarzyna Richter? Fat shaming is unacceptable!

Being fat is beautiful and aspirational.

moondog Aug 31, 2019 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman (Post 31477058)

The cookies were honestly a tie breaker for me between DT and comparable hotels when I was in my 20s, but I must admit that they are no longer a draw (I doubt the cookies have changed, but my tastes have evolved).

arlflyer Aug 31, 2019 1:13 pm

I think that the DT cookies are alright and I guess they are part of the face of the brand, but I always feel super weird getting them in places other than the US, especially where there isn’t a big local dessert culture (e.g. East Asia). I feel like I am imposing American calorie culture on places where it is not a fit.

wizla Aug 31, 2019 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer (Post 31477284)
I think that the DT cookies are alright and I guess they are part of the face of the brand, but I always feel super weird getting them in places other than the US, especially where there isn’t a big local dessert culture (e.g. East Asia). I feel like I am imposing American calorie culture on places where it is not a fit.

I try and eat healthy and keep the carbs low, yet I gotta admit they are bloody good and I cannot resist.

Dr Jabadski Aug 31, 2019 1:29 pm

Yes, they do have a ton of calories and little other nutritional value, just like most other junk food. But they do have a place. I love them when staying at DT Park City, Breckenridge and Vail. Take 2 or 3 with me for a day of skiing, saves $$$ over typical ski mountain lunch with just about the same nutritional value, calories and energy😊!

I agree, OP’s cookie bag picture is particularly revolting. Personally, I would have politely asked for a different cookie.

GentleGiant Aug 31, 2019 1:47 pm

I never have hot ones - always ask for cold cookies!

sbams Aug 31, 2019 2:20 pm

They are sometimes my savior when jet lag has me awake at 4am and I'm craving for coffee and breakfast

arlflyer Aug 31, 2019 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski (Post 31477316)
Yes, they do have a ton of calories and little other nutritional value, just like most other junk food. But they do have a place. I love them when staying at DT Park City, Breckenridge and Vail. Take 2 or 3 with me for a day of skiing, saves $$$ over typical ski mountain lunch with just about the same nutritional value, calories and energy😊!

I agree, OP’s cookie bag picture is particularly revolting. Personally, I would have politely asked for a different cookie.

Off topic, but DT Vail is a great property.

Tomphot Aug 31, 2019 6:00 pm

Had 2 of them last week - they were good!

MissJ Aug 31, 2019 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by sbams (Post 31477445)
They are sometimes my savior when jet lag has me awake at 4am and I'm craving for coffee and breakfast

Yep. I usually have a bite and give the rest to my bf but sometimes, I'm starving and on the verge of delerium and they are pretty good.

Nevsky Aug 31, 2019 11:36 pm

Enjoyed two on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, but would not choose a property for the cookies. Also, looked at the ingredients and found out that the taste I do not like very much came from oatmeal. Not a fan of oatmeal in chocolate chip cookies.