Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

I will never dare to eat another cookie from Doubletree Hilton

Old Aug 30, 19, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat, RA, Oman Air Gold, HH Diamond

when I checked in last night here in Italy, the clerk gave me this greasy little brown bag that looked and smelled just horrible

never again
Old Aug 30, 19, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold - ooooh!
Youíre not supposed to eat the bag ...
Old Aug 31, 19, 7:40 am

Programs: UA MP HH
Super first world problem...
BigFishDave and Snickerdoodle like this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 11:40 am

Programs: Hilton LT diamond, Hyatt diamond, Marriott LTte, AA LT plat, Seabourn diamond elite
I'm guessing that most guys have figured out not to touch these cookies after the second try. I've seen two women eat these things.....both weighed more than the legal limit.
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
I'm guessing that most guys have figured out not to touch these cookies after the second try. I've seen two women eat these things.....both weighed more than the legal limit.
Is that you Katarzyna Richter? Fat shaming is unacceptable!

Being fat is beautiful and aspirational.
closecover and craig44485 like this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
The cookies were honestly a tie breaker for me between DT and comparable hotels when I was in my 20s, but I must admit that they are no longer a draw (I doubt the cookies have changed, but my tastes have evolved).
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 1:13 pm

I think that the DT cookies are alright and I guess they are part of the face of the brand, but I always feel super weird getting them in places other than the US, especially where there isnít a big local dessert culture (e.g. East Asia). I feel like I am imposing American calorie culture on places where it is not a fit.
Old Aug 31, 19, 1:26 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
I think that the DT cookies are alright and I guess they are part of the face of the brand, but I always feel super weird getting them in places other than the US, especially where there isnít a big local dessert culture (e.g. East Asia). I feel like I am imposing American calorie culture on places where it is not a fit.
I try and eat healthy and keep the carbs low, yet I gotta admit they are bloody good and I cannot resist.
Old Aug 31, 19, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, AA LT Plat (HT BD), Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Delta, BA
Yes, they do have a ton of calories and little other nutritional value, just like most other junk food. But they do have a place. I love them when staying at DT Park City, Breckenridge and Vail. Take 2 or 3 with me for a day of skiing, saves $$$ over typical ski mountain lunch with just about the same nutritional value, calories and energy😊!

I agree, OPís cookie bag picture is particularly revolting. Personally, I would have politely asked for a different cookie.
Old Aug 31, 19, 1:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond and lots more....
I never have hot ones - always ask for cold cookies!
RoyalFlush likes this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton
They are sometimes my savior when jet lag has me awake at 4am and I'm craving for coffee and breakfast
holmedown and MissJ like this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski View Post
Yes, they do have a ton of calories and little other nutritional value, just like most other junk food. But they do have a place. I love them when staying at DT Park City, Breckenridge and Vail. Take 2 or 3 with me for a day of skiing, saves $$$ over typical ski mountain lunch with just about the same nutritional value, calories and energy😊!

I agree, OPís cookie bag picture is particularly revolting. Personally, I would have politely asked for a different cookie.
Off topic, but DT Vail is a great property.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Aug 31, 19, 6:00 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/2.9MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
Had 2 of them last week - they were good!
Old Aug 31, 19, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by sbams View Post
They are sometimes my savior when jet lag has me awake at 4am and I'm craving for coffee and breakfast
Yep. I usually have a bite and give the rest to my bf but sometimes, I'm starving and on the verge of delerium and they are pretty good.
Old Aug 31, 19, 11:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW Leaders Club, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75K
Enjoyed two on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, but would not choose a property for the cookies. Also, looked at the ingredients and found out that the taste I do not like very much came from oatmeal. Not a fan of oatmeal in chocolate chip cookies.

Search this Thread