Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ps9a
Menu to all restaurants (prices not inclusive of 15% service charge and 16% taxes)- https://www.qrcabowa.com/masterwa0

120K standard room award needs to be available to be able to use credit card free night cert
https://www.hilton.com/en/waldorf-astoria/
select flexible dates and points stay. Search for one night stays and you should see available dates
Certs are able to be used any night of the week in 2020 and also in 2021

All the rooms point in the same, basic direction. That direction is "towards the water" with only a little east-vs-west angle to the patio views.
Request a high floor for best view
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wa...4d-109.9121528

If you have kids- a smaller size casita closer to the family and kid pools are better than the larger villas that are a hike away at the vet back of the property

Continental Breakfast is free for diamonds. $20 ++ 31% upcharge for the hot buffet (egg station with Mexican food option; very small and limited size
buffet)

Whale watching season runs Dec 15 - April 15

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
yea, that's why I'm thinking this will probably be 120k for a standard reward, if it even has standard rewards.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:27 pm

Lowest priced premium room reward that I found was 294k for the Ocean View King Bed.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:33 pm

Standard awards are loaded at 120k/night.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:34 pm

Finally

It looks like they are finally loading some standard room awards - 120K
Colin, escapefromphl and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I’d imagine this will become the most popular aspirational property in the entire WA/Hilton portfolio, both due to its incredible hard product (we will have to wait and see if WA can replicate its soft product excellence) and its proximity to and common resort destination for the USA.

The WA Maldives will be the second or tied with this for most aspirational. This one is just so much closer to the USA and the bulk of Hilton elites.
None of this makes any sense. You can't link 'aspirational' with 'popular'. Furthermore, by looking at the buzz on this forum, the WA Maldives has this Pedegral Resort beat by considerable margin.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:50 am

Just tried booking here using a weekend cert. Seems like it is possible but while talking to Diamond Desk, we could only ever find four standard/base rooms on any given night. Perhaps all but four of their rooms are premium?

Anyway, DW and I certainly want to use WN Companion Pass to visit Cabo and weekend certs for the stay, 'twould be quite a redemption. Will be keeping an eye on this thread, thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:03 am

they created a new room type, partial ocean view, that’s not listed on the original Pedregal website in order to limit the costs of redemptions to Hilton Honors. it is clearly a small number of rooms. the price delta is 20 bucks in cash but 200K in points.
xenophile likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
stay report? chance of be my guest cert?

Assessing my options for be my guest certs that expire end of the year. Im out of LAX and the only compelling property is Hungtington Beach hilton, weve stayed several times and Hotel Del if they accept them. So looking to see if I can convince my family to travel... This property looks incredible. Also looking at the Grand Wailea -I was in the area for dinner this summer there but didn't stay and get a full sense of it.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by dealOCD
Assessing my options for be my guest certs that expire end of the year. Im out of LAX and the only compelling property is Hungtington Beach hilton, weve stayed several times and Hotel Del if they accept them. So looking to see if I can convince my family to travel... This property looks incredible. Also looking at the Grand Wailea -I was in the area for dinner this summer there but didn't stay and get a full sense of it.
We used a free night cert + points to book this resort in January which is a tremendous value IMO. In regards to your family, do you have young children? Grand Wailea is a great resort for kids, but not so great for couples. Not sure if Pedregal is kid friendly as I've never been, but from reviews it does seem to be more adult-orientated.

Maybe someone could chime in who has stayed here in the past / would be great to hear from someone who's been to the resort since the Waldorf takeover.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:04 pm

Again, curious if anyone has any reports back on this account since it's been converted to a WA ? Specifically, interested in Diamond experiences here
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:39 pm

as Diamond, 2 category upgrade on award to deluxe which is same room but the private pool has a good amount of privacy. impressed as resort is sold-out.

welcome amenity of margarita at checkin plus chips/guac & 2 Coronitas on 1st evening. plus a mini couple-shots of tequila in decorative bottle (not yours to keep).

free brekkie is the full buffet (only, no subs) priced at $40/ea. it’s fine. includes lattes and teas, no sodas. a $0 receipt is presented and says 15% tip already included. nothing posts to folio.

free sangria each evening in lobby plus coffee/doughnuts in AM and cookies/iced tea afternoon.

dinner mains are $40 in primary restaurant, $75 in seafood restaurant on cliff. plus 31% but at least all receipts label tip line as Additional Gratuity. cocktails are $16, wine $20/glass. skip dinner in main restaurant. seafood on the cliff is orders of magnitude superior.

Cabo marina easy walk but way trashy.

all public pools heated to 85 or so.

turndown service nightly.

free light minibar, like at Andaz.

fast wifi.

all staff ridiculously nice.

excellent gym.

private pool can be heated to 90 max. just ask or will be natural temp.

Ciento Lindo at $140 for roundtrip transfers a good price and reliable.

Ocean is for the view only. Red flagged always for no entry.

Hour massage is $250 out the door!

No resort fee on folio (award stay)
lexi123, MarcusBWI and Troopers like this.

Last edited by Colin; Dec 2, 2019 at 7:06 am
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:19 am

No Standard Room Reward Availability?

Looked today, using Hilton's Points Explorer (http://pointsexplorer.hiltonhonors.com/), to find standard room reward availability (120,000 points per night). I have searched for 2 night stays and 5 night stays, nothing available. Is this normal, am I doing something wrong, and are others getting the same results? I have searched all date combos from this week to December 2020. Can someone confirm or deny? Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Colin
Ciento Lindo at $140 for roundtrip transfers a good price and reliable.
Was this booked through hotel and paid at checkout or reserved yourself?

Thanks for your post.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by bpbenda
Looked today, using Hilton's Points Explorer (http://pointsexplorer.hiltonhonors.com/), to find standard room reward availability (120,000 points per night). I have searched for 2 night stays and 5 night stays, nothing available. Is this normal, am I doing something wrong, and are others getting the same results? I have searched all date combos from this week to December 2020. Can someone confirm or deny? Thanks in advance!
The points slider on your link maxes out at 95,000; so unsure how to search for the WA. Use https://www.hilton.com/en/waldorf-astoria/, select flexible dates and points stay. Search for one night stays and you should see available dates. Award dates post ~early June are not loaded for whatever reason.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Was this booked through hotel and paid at checkout or reserved yourself?
the latter. was painless online form and a couple back-and-forth emails.
Troopers likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.