Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get Diamond in UK?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:23 am

1. Status match and enjoy the status for 3 months. Do 8 stays, and enjoy status for another year. If you don't stay in hotels much then 30 stays a year might be tricky. I wouldn't go out of my way more than one or two stays to retain Hilton Diamond if I were short.
2. Search how to get a US credit card and use Amex's Global Transfer program to get the Hilton Aspire card. Not that hard for Canadians, might be a bit more complex for those living in the UK.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Amex Centurion and BA GGL both offer you Hilton Diamond as a benefit.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:55 pm

I am guessing you've already got an Amex. Initiate a Global Transfer through Amex to get the US based Hilton co-branded cards.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
Ffs

maybe stay in a few Hilton’s.
tynmar likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
What about matching to some other scheme then matching back? Maybe Best Western ?
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Actually, I'm going to try this and report back. According to statusmatcher, Best Western should match Hilton Gold to Best Western Diamond, and Hilton should match Best Western Diamond to Hilton Diamond.

Fingers crossed!
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Yep, that's the usual way! It's also just about the only reason for having BW Diamond.
Well, I definitely got matched to BW diamond. The only fly in the ointment is that I now actually have to stay at a BW before I can try to match back to Hilton. Oh well, I guess I'll have to grin and bear it.

The irony in all this is that Hilton's loyalty scheme is actually forcing me to divert spend to a competitor LOL.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Amex Centurion and BA GGL both offer you Hilton Diamond as a benefit.
good to know

Last edited by bristolian; Mar 2, 2019 at 2:18 pm
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by mini2
I am guessing you've already got an Amex. Initiate a Global Transfer through Amex to get the US based Hilton co-branded cards.
What now?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mini2
You don't need to guess, I said that in my original post.
How can I possibly get a US AmEx without a US address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.