Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

Recently completed a one night stay here, and quite frankly wish it could have been longer - a really excellent experience. The hotel opened in late 2021, so still has that new hotel feeling - although judging from what I can see online I think it was actually finished a lot earlier and just never opened due to COVID.

Hotel exterior with shuttle:

Lobby:

I paid about 1500TBH (£35/US$43) for the night in an entry level King Guest Room and noticed I was upgraded a few days before to a King Premium Room with Balcony. Judging by the pictures online I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between all the room types - they all seem to look the same on the Hilton site! Although obviously my room did have the balcony. During check-in I asked for a late checkout and they granted 6pm with no charge. I had a really nice welcome - the staff were absolutely lovely and really went above and beyond throughout my one night stay.

The hotel has an atrium style design and some of the rooms have entrance doors that open up onto the "outside" and others into the atrium. Consequently the whole hotel "internal" area is quite warm and humid. The lobby is also open onto the road/foyer which gives it an interesting design.

The room was fresh and modern with a view looking out towards the lagoon. Air conditioning was excellent and programmable onto a nice low temperature. The bed was very comfortable although the pillows were a bit too soft for my liking.

The bathroom was pretty small but fitted out nicely with great water pressure. Was surprised there wasn't a bathtub in the highest room category though.

There are two pools on the roof - one which is perhaps more set up for swimming and the other for lounging. There were plenty of sunbeds and members of staff on hand with towels and manning the rooftop bar.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant just off the lobby. There is a cold spread with pastries, cold cuts etc and also a menu from which you can order hot items and I was encouraged to order as much as I liked. It seems the restaurant is set up for a regular hot buffet but perhaps the occupancy isn't there to justify it. The breakfast food wasn't anything mind blowing but was decent enough. The restaurant is open for food during the day and evening too.

Restaurant buffet area:

There is an area shuttle that from memory operates from the morning until around 8/9pm - they can take you wherever you like in the vicinity - I used to it head down to the beach. I did arrange for the shuttle to pick me up - but possibly something was lost in translation and it wasn't there when agreed with the driver. The front desk were surprised to see me walk back in hot and sweaty and were extremely apologetic. They offered me a drink voucher as an apology which was nice. It was less than 10 minutes to walk to the beach and a little less to walk into "town" where there are plenty of places to eat etc. The hotel is in a quiet location.

I used a car transfer service (booked via Klook) which took about 30 minutes from HKT airport. Grab was more expensive.

One of my best ever Hilton experiences and would definitely be back!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:57 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I have stayed at the HGI Bang Tao 3 times now (December 2021, March 2022, April 2022) all one nighters due to "quarantine" requirements. Although I only completed the first stay overnight as my negative Covid tests on 2 occasions allowed me to leave before bed time & my house is only about 10 minutes away!

I too booked lowest cost rooms & was upgraded to King Premium Balcony rooms twice - the other time not.

I echo the above comments in general, although I found breakfast a real weak spot, poor quality all around IME - I did feed this back so hopefully its better now. Recommended for a low cost non-resort style stay.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 6:45 am

Are there many restaurants and bars nearby? How about a 7-11? Thinking about a week or so and don’t want to be isolated?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 3:15 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by John Wilson
Are there many restaurants and bars nearby? How about a 7-11? Thinking about a week or so and don’t want to be isolated?
You will be within a few minutes walk of many of eateries/cafes/bars/stores etc etc. The location is excellent.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
You're about a ten-minute walk from the village - I was there in November. Patong it ain't, but it is a good place to go for a quiet, relaxing stay as a couple or family. The area is also much, much cheaper than Patong. However, the great majority of the guests seem in the area seem to be Russian.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Hi echo Cymro comments. There is a lot more around now. Villa Mart and a number of restaurants, 10 minutes walk. 15 minutes to Porto Phuket. You will not feel isolated for sure. The bad news, the place is crowded now, it is the main base for Russians. To give you an idea, the HGI used to be 1000-1500THB a night, now up to 8000THB. The area is big and enough quiet places, you can walk around Laguna, where all the hotels are.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I’m at the Marriott nearby but considering staying here for a few night. Any comments on room noise? Are the walls thin and can hear your neighbor's?

Originally Posted by gav0106
Hi echo Cymro comments. There is a lot more around now. Villa Mart and a number of restaurants, 10 minutes walk. 15 minutes to Porto Phuket. You will not feel isolated for sure. The bad news, the place is crowded now, it is the main base for Russians. To give you an idea, the HGI used to be 1000-1500THB a night, now up to 8000THB. The area is big and enough quiet places, you can walk around Laguna, where all the hotels are.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 3:19 am
NoY

Originally Posted by chanp
I’m at the Marriott nearby but considering staying here for a few night. Any comments on room noise? Are the walls thin and can hear your neighbor's?
I have never had an issue with noise at this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.