Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Feral children and the Embassy Suites Indoor Track

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feral children and the Embassy Suites Indoor Track

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Evening snacks, funny. Last couple had a snack, one, a bag of stale chips with a jar of salsa with a spoon in it.
Pretty much how I remember most most of what was on offer. But I'm not sure you can call a tasteless red liquid as Salsa!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
Pretty much how I remember most most of what was on offer. But I'm not sure you can call a tasteless red liquid as Salsa!
At least it wasn't made in New York City.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Meh, my parents used to let my brother and me go explore hotels (we had a real thing for riding elevators when we were kids) starting when we were around 8 and 9. Nothing bad ever happened to us and we were quiet and didn't bother anyone. The comments about predators is really silly.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Meh, my parents used to let my brother and me go explore hotels (we had a real thing for riding elevators when we were kids) starting when we were around 8 and 9. Nothing bad ever happened to us and we were quiet and didn't bother anyone. The comments about predators is really silly.
​​​​​​They are silly, but they're also just a step away from accusations of neglect. And that's not silly, that's an accusation of criminally putting a child in peril because the parents don't see the world as much a dangerous place as the accuser. This has already happened too many times. People have had children taken from them while "Protective Services" has taken 2 months to determine that letting the kids play in the park unattended by an adult is not a crime.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
People get carried away with the predator bit, but letting 8-9 year olds explore hotels unattended sounds like a bad idea for a variety of reasons.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
The suggestion that only hotels with free breakfast is the issue is false. I've had stays at Hiltons, Sheratons, even the Broadmoor hotel in COS with kids going crazy. Last year at the Waldorf in Rome we had kids acting like they had the run of the place one evening, while the parent's were in the bar enjoying the piano and wine. While places such as ES or the other HH properties may lend themselves more easily to such behavior, its not unique by any stretch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.