Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Year's Eve booking - nights for which year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:47 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....

Not 100% sure here.

If one has a stay that goes over NYE - does the night credit to the the year ending or the one starting?

Or is it split?

With the new bonuses for nights, this might be quite critical
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Traditionally, credit has applied to check out date. I would not expect a stay starting on Dec 31st to credit to 2018. See:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...t-year-13.html

If you want some credit for 2018 (assuming your stay starts on the 30th or earlier) you need to check out on the 31st.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
My 8 night stay last year in Sydney ended on the 1st of January and the nights, stay and revenue counted for this year.

I have not seen an official policy on it.

Globalist
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:49 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks. Did a search here, but the rather useless search didn't pull anything up that was relevant.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:44 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
oopsie delete
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:06 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by :D!
oopsie delete
I may well have done.

Sadly my memory is not very good these days.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Hmm, my experience is sort of opposite.

I have had two 31st Dec to 1st Jan stays that posted to the old year, and a 23rd Dec to 2nd Jan stay that posted all nights to the new year.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I have been in a Hilton every NYE since 2015 and they have always posted in the new year. I believe there is also an official policy to that effect.

However, with status rollover now in effect into 2019, this is much less relevant unless you actively want them to post in the current year (where previously they would have been lost unless that took you to a particular status level).
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:44 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cymro
I have been in a Hilton every NYE since 2015 and they have always posted in the new year. I believe there is also an official policy to that effect.

However, with status rollover now in effect into 2019, this is much less relevant unless you actively want them to post in the current year (where previously they would have been lost unless that took you to a particular status level).
By status rollover, I assume you mean the rollover of nights beyond 60?

This is rather pointless, as I assume most people will get status via stays rather than nights. So unless you do 90+ nights as I am sure some do, it has little benefit for those doing littleover 60.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
By status rollover, I assume you mean the rollover of nights beyond 60?

This is rather pointless, as I assume most people will get status via stays rather than nights. So unless you do 90+ nights as I am sure some do, it has little benefit for those doing littleover 60.
Sure, I agree it's not a game changer but if the reason you're asking the question is that you are on 61 nights anyway and would rather have your five-night (or whatever) stay count towards 2019's requalification, it does make the question go away.

Appreciate that if you're over 30 stays but <60 nights (I'm currently on 52 nights/31 stays but will hit 60 before the end of the year and will get diamond comped through airline status anyway) it won't be helpful though, which I had not appreciated fully.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by Cymro
Sure, I agree it's not a game changer but if the reason you're asking the question is that you are on 61 nights anyway and would rather have your five-night (or whatever) stay count towards 2019's requalification, it does make the question go away.

Appreciate that if you're over 30 stays but <60 nights (I'm currently on 52 nights/31 stays but will hit 60 before the end of the year and will get diamond comped through airline status anyway) it won't be helpful though, which I had not appreciated fully.
I never really understood rollover....... last year I had 32 stays, when I started 2018 my account had 2 rollover stays ( so this year I just require 28 stays to hit diamond)....... I'm currently on 25 stays but by Xmas I should hit around 35 stays .....I'm wondering if I will start 2019 with 5 rollover stays.....I doubt it but it would be handy.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Didn't know stays rolled over - mind didn't last year - although I have no idea how many I had last year.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by wizla
I never really understood rollover....... last year I had 32 stays, when I started 2018 my account had 2 rollover stays ( so this year I just require 28 stays to hit diamond)....... I'm currently on 25 stays but by Xmas I should hit around 35 stays .....I'm wondering if I will start 2019 with 5 rollover stays.....I doubt it but it would be handy.
Didn't know stays rolled over - mind didn't last year - although I have no idea how many I had last year.
From hiltonhonors:
Elite Rollover Nights
  1. Members in all elite tiers (Silver, Gold and Diamond Members) are eligible to rollover any qualifying nights in excess of those required to qualify for their elite status level at the end of the calendar year (December 31st).
  2. Members are only eligible to rollover qualifying nights in excess of those nights required to qualify for a member’s elite status level at the end of the calendar year (Members can rollover nights in excess of 10 eligible nights for Silver, in excess of 40 eligible nights for Gold and in excess of 60 eligible nights for Diamond).
  3. Elite rollover nights will be counted toward members’ elite status qualification for the following calendar year (January 1st to December 31st). Base Members will not be eligible to rollover elite qualifying nights. Requirements for membership tiers can be viewed in the Hilton Honors Membership Tiers section.
  4. Elite Rollover Nights are calculated as follows to apply to the next qualifying status year: Total qualifying nights at year end (inclusive of rollover from prior year) – any elite rollover nights from the previous year (now expired) – qualifying nights needed to renew your current elite status tier = elite rollover nights for next year
Besides the rollover nights, hilton has occasionally offered a rollover stays to targeted members, see:
Start Earning 2019 elite status now
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:19 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Was aware of nights - had forgotten that a few got targeted to roll over stays. Sadly not me.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Was aware of nights - had forgotten that a few got targeted to roll over stays. Sadly not me.
Well that's where I got confused...... whilst I was aware of the targeted offer I wasn't targeted myself, however I still received two rollover stays......maybe I got lucky?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.