Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

5 Night Mattress Run using Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 Night Mattress Run using Points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
If you physically check in the hotel is not going to disallow your stay if the bed isn’t rumpled.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Absolutely 10k point properties exist in the US. They are not bad places. Just a bit remote/boring. Usually with a view of the interstate and a Wal Mart in close proximity. Or in some cases, no Wal Mart for another 30 miles. I've been to quite a few of them. Most do not come up when searching for a major city because they are so far from any major city...
You nailed it, one of the two 10k properties is adjacent to a Wally World!

Thank you all for the comments. Sounds like maybe check-in and leave a piece of luggage and maybe a couple of shirts hanging up. Come back on the 3rd night, and rumple some bedding and towels. Then come back on the 5th night, take my stuff and throw the key cards on the bed. Maybe alert the FDA at check-in that I may be in and out and not spend every night there?

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
If you physically check in the hotel is not going to disallow your stay if the bed isn’t rumpled.
I would hope they would not, but was just asking for advice as I've only read about folks doing this for a one night stay and not for multi nights.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
Check in, hang up the DND sign, then go home.
This is not good advice, and should be ignored as it may result in problems for OP.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
That's actually incorrect. If a hotel thinks the room is vacant, they will check the guest out regardless of what the reservation says. It's a situation that happens frequently at many hotels.

I used to work in several business-oriented hotels. Some guests would book a Monday-Friday reservation every week. Come Wednesday and especially Thursday, we'd have several checked-in but vacant rooms. If we didn't check out those guests, we'd end up with 2-20 billing disputes every week.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by evergrn
Okay, I need to look harder for these places.
I just don't ever remember seeing any place where I live (WA) for <20k in recent memory.
The last 10k point property in the Pacific Northwest was the Clackamas, OR Hampton Inn. It has not been 10k points for probably 5 years now.

The only one on the west coast is a Hampton Inn outside Bakersfield, CA. None in NV, AZ, UT, ID... one in La Junta, CO (I think that is the only one in CO; the Colorado Springs Airport Hampton used to be a 10k too but I think again that changed about 5 years ago); maybe 5 in NM... not sure about TX.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by storewanderer
The last 10k point property in the Pacific Northwest was the Clackamas, OR Hampton Inn. It has not been 10k points for probably 5 years now.

The only one on the west coast is a Hampton Inn outside Bakersfield, CA. None in NV, AZ, UT, ID... one in La Junta, CO (I think that is the only one in CO; the Colorado Springs Airport Hampton used to be a 10k too but I think again that changed about 5 years ago); maybe 5 in NM... not sure about TX.
Wow you're right.
Hampton Inn Bakersfield Hwy 58 is indeed 10k points! And that's despite the fact that their rooms are going for $100+tax.
We need to protect these critically endangered species.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Semi-related question: is there a good way to search for 10k (or 5k) rooms?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by evergrn
Wow you're right.
Hampton Inn Bakersfield Hwy 58 is indeed 10k points! And that's despite the fact that their rooms are going for $100+tax.
We need to protect these critically endangered species.
Off topic: Stayed there twice this year, mainly because of the stay credit / great value. Otherwise I would have chosen a nicer location. The hotel is less than 10 years old and the front desk confirmed that the owners are trying to keep it in a mint condition. 10k points will even get you a junior suite when it is available. The property is beyond the end or town, but a great value if you just need a good night's sleep. I hate highway noise but neither the nearby huge truck stop nor Highway 58 were a problem to me.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by eric_o
There used to be a list of all 5k, 10k properties. Maybe from the Loyalty Lobby blog?

Or, you can for a generic search for a non-holiday rate far in advance 6-10 months. Sunday nights are often the cheapest, so if doing a single night search, that’s what I do.

You can search an area, say Arizona, and then sort by price for points stay.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:02 pm

Location: Continual long-term travelling since 2016 (4 continents, 26 countries, ~80 cities)
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite, United Silver, Hertz Five Star, Etc.
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
There used to be a list of all 5k, 10k properties. Maybe from the Loyalty Lobby blog?

Or, you can for a generic search for a non-holiday rate far in advance 6-10 months. Sunday nights are often the cheapest, so if doing a single night search, that’s what I do.

You can search an area, say Arizona, and then sort by price for points stay.

We too were tired of what seemed like endlessly searching for high value hotel award redemptions, so we created category one, two, and three hotel award maps for Hilton/Radisson/Marriott(SPG)/and Hyatt.

You can find the maps on our website within the article: Award Travel Category 1, 2, & 3 Hotel Maps: Hilton, Radisson, Marriott/SPG, Hyatt.

If you want to skip/jump directly to a specific map or section of the article, use the appropriate quick link at the top of the page.

Happy Award Lodging!

Last edited by ScrewTheAverage; Sep 21, 2018 at 11:28 am
Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:25 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Nice work but you'll need to update the Hilton map now.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Don't forget you can also look at day rates if your only concern is mattress run qualifying.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by eric_o
Another FT member (Satori?) recently posted these on another thread

https://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea...8-global-list/
https://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea...comment-961305

There's a lot fewer of them now than there were when Hilton launched its recent 100% points promo!
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:40 pm

Location: Continual long-term travelling since 2016 (4 continents, 26 countries, ~80 cities)
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite, United Silver, Hertz Five Star, Etc.
Originally Posted by ScrewTheAverage
We too were tired of what seemed like endlessly searching for high value hotel award redemptions, so we created category one, two, and three hotel award maps for Hilton/Radisson/Marriott(SPG)/and Hyatt.

You can find the maps on our website within the article: Award Travel Category 1, 2, & 3 Hotel Maps: Hilton, Radisson, Marriott/SPG, Hyatt.

If you want to skip/jump directly to a specific map or section of the article, use the appropriate quick link at the top of the page.

Happy Award Lodging!

Category 1, 2, 3 award maps for Hilton, Radisson, Marriott/SPG, and Hyatt have been updated for 2019!

Award Travel Category 1, 2, & 3 Hotel Maps: Hilton, Radisson, Marriott/SPG, Hyatt.

Last edited by ScrewTheAverage; Jun 5, 2019 at 1:46 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by ScrewTheAverage
Category 1, 2, 3 award maps for Hilton, Radisson, Marriott/SPG, and Hyatt have been updated for 2019!

Award Travel Category 1, 2, & 3 Hotel Maps: Hilton, Radisson, Marriott/SPG, Hyatt.
Thanks for this! Unfortunately, Hilton just rolled out yet another increase in prices/devaluation of their points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.