FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   New Hilton Honors Amex Cobrand Offer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1929245-new-hilton-honors-amex-cobrand-offer.html)

Hilton Honors Ambassador Sep 6, 2018 7:49 am

New Hilton Honors Amex Cobrand Offer

Hi all,

Wanted to keep you in the know - starting today, Hilton Honors members have early access to elevated everyday introduction offers for the entire portfolio of Hilton Honors American Express Credit Cards. The new offers will become available to all potential new card members on September 11. Details on the new offerings can be found below.
  • Hilton Honors American Express Card: Earn 75,000 Points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months
  • Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card: Earn 125,000 Points after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months
  • Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card: Earn 150,000 Points after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months
  • Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Earn 125,000 Points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Lauren

thunderlounge Sep 6, 2018 8:32 am

@HonorsRepresentative

Lauren, having just completed the 100k promotion (Ascend), would it be possible to bump that to the 125k? (Still within the 3 month window from applying.)

lcohen999 Sep 6, 2018 9:50 am

As a Canadian with no access to these,, it is quite disappointing

Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant Sep 6, 2018 9:57 am

Is the 150k Aspire offer good for upgrading my Ascend? Or just new applications?

i just paid my annual renewal on the Ascend and would like to prorate it to Aspire.

krazykanuck Sep 6, 2018 11:14 am

Lauren, is there a known end date for these offers?

Hilton Honors Ambassador Sep 6, 2018 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 30174592)
Lauren, is there a known end date for these offers?

Hi krazykanuck,

This is the standing offer - there is no set end date at this point.

Thanks!
Lauren

Hilton Honors Ambassador Sep 6, 2018 4:02 pm

Checking on the other questions and will share once I hear back.

Thanks!
Lauren

thunderlounge Sep 6, 2018 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant (Post 30174286)
Is the 150k Aspire offer good for upgrading my Ascend? Or just new applications?

i just paid my annual renewal on the Ascend and would like to prorate it to Aspire.

If this were offered as an upgrade, I would certainly upgrade my ascend to the aspire as well. ^

Mister P. Sep 7, 2018 1:02 am

Is anyone able to see these new offers on their profile? I am checking my HHonors account > Credits cards but can only see the regular sign up bonus.

Hilton Honors Ambassador Sep 7, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi all,

Got some additional clarification:

For Card Members who applied for the card before a new/on-going offer began – The offer is only available to new Card Members who applied for the product on or after 9/7 via the promotional link. Promotional offers may vary at any time. While we are unable to credit the difference of the promotional points, we are always creating new offers to help our existing Card Members earn more points. Please check your online American Express account for any special offers.

For Card Members requesting points for Product Transfer - This offer is for new acquisitions only, and does not pertain to product transfers. You may log in to your account at any time at americanexpress.com to view any promotional offers available to you.

Thanks,
Lauren

Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant Sep 7, 2018 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative (Post 30179976)
Got some additional clarification:

....The offer is only available to new Card Members who applied for the product on or after 9/7via the promotional link...

...For Card Members requesting points for Product Transfer - This offer is for new acquisitions only, and does not pertain to product transfers...

***Bummer on the "new acquisitions only" but I suppose I can cancel the Ascend and get this anyway. But... where's the "promotional link"? I didn't see a link in this post/thread?

Thanks for checking though, Lauren!

TDM

Troopers Sep 7, 2018 4:48 pm

https://apply.americanexpress.com/hilton-card/

SanDiego1K Sep 7, 2018 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative (Post 30173786)
  • Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Earn 125,000 Points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months

We sure appreciate your participation here. Is this a typo? When I look at the application page, I read

Earn 125,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.†

darthbimmer Sep 7, 2018 11:52 pm

I'm curious why the business card offers the same bonus as Ascend and has the same AF but requires substantially higher spend.

mcgahat Sep 8, 2018 6:14 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer (Post 30181130)
I'm curious why the business card offers the same bonus as Ascend and has the same AF but requires substantially higher spend.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 30180392)
We sure appreciate your participation here. Is this a typo? When I look at the application page, I read

Earn 125,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.†

It makes sense to me to have a higher spend for the biz card as business owners often at a much higher rate and the card companies want to capture as much of that as possible. It does appear that the link shows 3K as SanDiego1K versus 5K referenced in the original post. I consider 3K pretty low.

miadukes Sep 8, 2018 11:44 am

where is the link for the business 3k spend for 125k pioints?

Troopers Sep 8, 2018 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by miadukes (Post 30182502)
where is the link for the business 3k spend for 125k pioints?

See wiki link

miadukes Sep 8, 2018 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 30182609)

See wiki link

Must be my computer. I tried that a few times before posting including incognito and it didn't work but now on my phone it does. Sorry to waste a post LOL

Hilton Honors Ambassador Sep 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 30180392)

Thank you for catching this, a clear oversight on our part.

Updated with the correct spend on the original post.

Thank you,
Lauren

thunderlounge Sep 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Just to be completely sure, there is no offer for upgrading Ascend to Aspire? If so, that's too bad as I would upgrade. I'm sure many others would as well.

Abidjan Sep 11, 2018 9:31 am

I've been waiting for an upgrade offer (Ascend to Aspire). Seeing none, this offer is way to good to pass up. Approved for the Aspire today and canceled my Ascend.

Mister P. Sep 11, 2018 9:36 am

Hi,
Which airlines does the $250 airline fee credit on the Amex Aspire include? I have chatted with 2 different Amex agents but have received different information.

thunderlounge Sep 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Abidjan (Post 30192176)
I've been waiting for an upgrade offer (Ascend to Aspire). Seeing none, this offer is way to good to pass up. Approved for the Aspire today and canceled my Ascend.

How long was your ascend open? I’m considering the same route. My biggest holdout is using the resort credit, as I very rarely stay where it would be useful.

kenbo Sep 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mister P. (Post 30192195)
Hi,
Which airlines does the $250 airline fee credit on the Amex Aspire include? I have chatted with 2 different Amex agents but have received different information.

I don't know all of them, but Alaska, Southwest, Hawaiian, and United are on there.

aww3583 Sep 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by thunderlounge (Post 30192898)
How long was your ascend open? I’m considering the same route. My biggest holdout is using the resort credit, as I very rarely stay where it would be useful.

Just to confirm... I have a Surpass card, and have had it since 2012.

Am I eligible for the Aspire promotion listed in the Wiki?

Edit: Nevermind. Asked and answered by HHonors Rep.

Abidjan Sep 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by thunderlounge (Post 30192898)

Hi, sure - so my Surpass card transitioned into the Ascend. Not worried about the resort credit, but not so sure how long the airline gift card work around will work. Regardless, $450 for Diamond and the extra points (and this bonus offer, to boot) make it hard to beat.

joggingman Sep 11, 2018 1:42 pm

Lauren,
I applied for the Aspire card at 100,000 point offer and was approved on 5Sept and the card has not even arrived yet! When I saw the better 150,000 point offer I requested to either be matched or receive courtesy points but got nowhere with Hilton or Amex reps. There was only 2 days difference from the better offer and when I applied!
Can you help?

Thanks

Joe Walker

Eujeanie Sep 12, 2018 2:56 am

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 30192965)
Just to confirm... I have a Surpass card, and have had it since 2012.

Am I eligible for the Aspire promotion listed in the Wiki?

Edit: Nevermind. Asked and answered by HHonors Rep.

Can you please tell me what Lauren said since I'm in the same situation? I don't want to apply for the Aspire if I'm not going to get the bonus since I currently hold the Ascend (what you still called Surpass). This would not be an upgrade, I'd apply new for the Aspire, then cancel the Ascend.

aww3583 Sep 12, 2018 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 30194927)
Can you please tell me what Lauren said since I'm in the same situation? I don't want to apply for the Aspire if I'm not going to get the bonus since I currently hold the Ascend (what you still called Surpass). This would not be an upgrade, I'd apply new for the Aspire, then cancel the Ascend.

I took Post #10 to mean existing Amex HH CC holders were ineligible.

For Card Members requesting points for Product Transfer - This offer is for new acquisitions only, and does not pertain to product transfers.

Abidjan Sep 12, 2018 6:00 am

I canceled my Ascend; applied anew for Aspire. I expect the bonus.

Eujeanie Sep 12, 2018 8:10 am

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 30195034)

I took Post #10 to mean existing Amex HH CC holders were ineligible.

Yes, that's what I understood from before. But I want to hear from Lauren if that is still the case, or if things are different with this new offer.

Also, if you currently hold the No AF H Amex, can you apply for and get the Aspire with bonus? I believe many years in the past that cardholder also had the Ascend, but it has been cancelled for several years.

Hilton Honors Ambassador Sep 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by joggingman (Post 30193167)
Lauren,
I applied for the Aspire card at 100,000 point offer and was approved on 5Sept and the card has not even arrived yet! When I saw the better 150,000 point offer I requested to either be matched or receive courtesy points but got nowhere with Hilton or Amex reps. There was only 2 days difference from the better offer and when I applied!
Can you help?

Thanks

Joe Walker

Hi Joe,

Double checked on this for you. The offer is only available to new Card Members who applied for the product on or after 9/7 via the promotional link. Promotional offers may vary at any time. While we are unable to credit the difference of the promotional points, we are always creating new offers to help our existing Card Members earn more points. Please check your online American Express account for any special offers.

Thanks for posting,
Lauren

aww3583 Sep 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Lauren,

I sent a PM earlier, but a few of us Surpass/Ascend cardholders are asking for some info about moving to the Aspire card.

Your earlier post seems to indicate that Surpass/Ascend cardholders are not eligible for the promotion.

However, the first line of the promotion T&C says "Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card". I've never had an Aspire card, so am I eligible for the promo?

Hilton Honors Ambassador Sep 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 30196605)
Lauren,

I sent a PM earlier, but a few of us Surpass/Ascend cardholders are asking for some info about moving to the Aspire card.

Your earlier post seems to indicate that Surpass/Ascend cardholders are not eligible for the promotion.

However, the first line of the promotion T&C says "Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card".

Yes! Working on it as we speak (post!).

Thanks!
Lauren

pinniped Sep 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo (Post 30192950)
I don't know all of them, but Alaska, Southwest, Hawaiian, and United are on there.

I'm currently set up for AA and I'm pretty sure DL is on the list too.

I upgraded Ascend to Aspire for 100k a few months ago. I never got an email about my offer, but it was buried in the Promotions & Offers section for my card on the Amex site.

I scroll through that once every month or two. It's mainly full of useless stuff (65-70 total offers), but every now and then there's a $50 off $250 spend at a specific HH brand. (Right now, for me, it's Embassy Suites and Homewood.) While looking for those, I noticed the 100k offer and decided to take it. No credit pull, instant upgrade in card type, Diamond status showed within a day, new physical card in about a week, Free Night cert came about 90 days later.

thunderlounge Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped (Post 30196661)
I upgraded Ascend to Aspire for 100k a few months ago. I never got an email about my offer, but it was buried in the Promotions & Offers section for my card on the Amex site.

I scroll through that once every month or two. It's mainly full of useless stuff (65-70 total offers), but every now and then there's a $50 off $250 spend at a specific HH brand. (Right now, for me, it's Embassy Suites and Homewood.) While looking for those, I noticed the 100k offer and decided to take it. No credit pull, instant upgrade in card type, Diamond status showed within a day, new physical card in about a week, Free Night cert came about 90 days later.

I would be all over that offer.

jn in ca Sep 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Could someone enlighten me? I read these threads and I see a bunch of complaints from people who just applied for the credit card when it had a lower bonus.

The American Express rule is one bonus for each card type. So, if someone has applied for the card when it had a lower bonus, but has not yet spent enough on the new card to get the bonus, why not simply cancel your new card, and apply again while it has a higher bonus, and get the higher bonus? The rule is one bonus per lifetime, not one card per lifetime.

Am I missing something?

kidstwo Sep 13, 2018 8:10 am

Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 30196605)
Lauren,

However, the first line of the promotion T&C says "Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card". I've never had an Aspire card, so am I eligible for the promo?

Lauren-i am checking to see if you have an answer on this as well. I was told yesterday via Chat on my Surpass/Ascend account that I would be eligible for the welcome bonus on the Aspire card but I would like to get your confirmation on this.
Thanks!

aww3583 Sep 14, 2018 7:01 am

Bumping for visibility. Still lots of unanswered questions.

Hilton Honors Ambassador Sep 14, 2018 9:02 am

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience! Had to raise this with Amex so just waiting on an update from them.

Know it's top of mind!
Lauren