FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   What hotel is this? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1918422-what-hotel.html)

saaveraward Jul 5, 2018 7:45 pm

What hotel is this?

In the app, the first pic that loads for me, and stays for a second before moving on, is an Infiniti pool with a blue design on the bottom overlooking a lake with mountains in the background. Does anyone know which property this is?

docbert Jul 5, 2018 9:05 pm

Yuxi Hotel - Hilton Yuxi Fuxian Lake - Yuxi Hotel

saaveraward Jul 5, 2018 9:14 pm

That's it. Thank you!

BenSenise Jul 6, 2018 11:17 am

one would think that a company would put that information in view so that the customer would be enticed to book there. that's the whole point of advertising/marketing, no? :rolleyes:

lincolnjkc Jul 6, 2018 11:53 am

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 29945049)
one would think that a company would put that information in view so that the customer would be enticed to book there. that's the whole point of advertising/marketing, no? :rolleyes:

I can see franchisees getting very uppity about how that property would be receiving an unfair advantage if they made it too obvious/easy.

Though I doubt that many people going to Manhattan, Kansas are going to book a trip to China just because they liked the picture of the hotel in the app :)

saaveraward Jul 6, 2018 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise (Post 29945049)

Oh, I called the diamond desk for that exact reason and emailed a screen shot to someone. No reply yet.

saaveraward Jul 6, 2018 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc (Post 29945160)
I can see franchisees getting very uppity about how that property would be receiving an unfair advantage if they made it too obvious/easy.

Though I doubt that many people going to Manhattan, Kansas are going to book a trip to China just because they liked the picture of the hotel in the app :)

Actually I would.... if it took me somewhere towards my natural travels, I'd be all over it.

docbert Jul 6, 2018 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc (Post 29945160)

Can't be that. The current hilton.com homepage image happily tells you which hotel it is down the bottom.

saaveraward Jul 6, 2018 7:05 pm

The app does not

Amelorn Jul 6, 2018 10:27 pm

By happy chance, I am going to be in Yunnan from August to December, so this would be a perfect weekend getaway place.

I tried searching a number of dates in August through October. No standard points availability. :rolleyes: