What hotel is this?

Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

What hotel is this?

In the app, the first pic that loads for me, and stays for a second before moving on, is an Infiniti pool with a blue design on the bottom overlooking a lake with mountains in the background. Does anyone know which property this is?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yuxi Hotel - Hilton Yuxi Fuxian Lake - Yuxi Hotel
paul00 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

That's it. Thank you!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:17 am
Suspended

one would think that a company would put that information in view so that the customer would be enticed to book there. that's the whole point of advertising/marketing, no?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BenSenise
one would think that a company would put that information in view so that the customer would be enticed to book there. that's the whole point of advertising/marketing, no?
I can see franchisees getting very uppity about how that property would be receiving an unfair advantage if they made it too obvious/easy.

Though I doubt that many people going to Manhattan, Kansas are going to book a trip to China just because they liked the picture of the hotel in the app
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenSenise
Oh, I called the diamond desk for that exact reason and emailed a screen shot to someone. No reply yet.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
I can see franchisees getting very uppity about how that property would be receiving an unfair advantage if they made it too obvious/easy.

Though I doubt that many people going to Manhattan, Kansas are going to book a trip to China just because they liked the picture of the hotel in the app
Actually I would.... if it took me somewhere towards my natural travels, I'd be all over it.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Can't be that. The current hilton.com homepage image happily tells you which hotel it is down the bottom.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

The app does not
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
By happy chance, I am going to be in Yunnan from August to December, so this would be a perfect weekend getaway place.

I tried searching a number of dates in August through October. No standard points availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.