Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

British Airways booking but staying at Hilton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club

I don't know if this is the correct place to post so sorry if it is not.

I am a HH member, and have recently booked a stay via BA but I cant seem to see a booking reference number to add to the HH app.

I usually book direct via Hilton so this has never been a problem.

Any advice for me.

Regards

Colnic2011
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You can't add an outside booking to the Hilton app. You also are not entitled to points, stay credit, and status benefits for a stay booked outside of Hilton channels although many hotels will provide the status benefits if you show your card on arrival. See these threads:
Hilton Honours Elite Benefits - Booking through BA
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1856616-hhonors-app-3rd-party-booking.html

You could call the hotel and ask them to add your hilton honors number to the reservation.
Colnic2011 likes this.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Jun 20, 2018 at 10:57 am
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Useful to know. It assumed that a booking made by a legacy type TA (my loose description of BA in this case) would get the same treatment as when AmEx do my work ones. Is this because they're using some consolidated rate plan do we know, and might BA Holidays cause a different outcome to Just adding a hotel to a flight booking (assuming that doesn't make it a BA Holiday )?
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Pretty sure that what you've described is the very definition of a BA holiday. Agree that IATA TAs (as opposed to OTAs) will generally earn points but I don't think that this is how BA operates, certainly not on holidays.
Colnic2011 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.