Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon {GBR}

Another addition to the brand, this one is the old Stratford hotel on Arden street , this is good as Stratford upon Avon is a great place to visit and with the Hilton Warwick now getting a bit ropey and this one based in the centre would be a great choice .
i will keep an eye on rebranding dates and review at some point.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Something afoot here! One announced for Harrogate. Suggets they have bought someone over. Still waiting for Norwich!
Old May 19, 2018, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gav0106
Something afoot here! One announced for Harrogate. Suggets they have bought someone over. Still waiting for Norwich!
Yes, Norwich seems to have gone quiet but not sure why......Norwich has no decent hotels really except dunston hall but that's on the outskirts....... shame as it's a great city but I guess I'm biased as I live here.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
Aprirose bought Q Hotels last year and appointed RedefineBDL to manage the properties for them and part of the agreement was to rebrand some of them. All the UK hotels announced this week except Harrogate are all Q Hotels properties.

Last edited by chrism20; May 19, 2018 at 8:33 am
Old May 20, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wizla

Yes, Norwich seems to have gone quiet but not sure why......Norwich has no decent hotels really except dunston hall but that's on the outskirts....... shame as it's a great city but I guess I'm biased as I live here.
i had to collect my car from Norwich when I picked it up in January which meant an overnight stay (but I did save quite a few thousand on my new GTR). I thought thi HI Norwich in the footie ground was great and the suite I had was very spacious. Despite IHG being one of my major chains I tend to avoid HI's but this one was good.

The CP in Stratford upon Avon is one of my go to properties (good rooms, nice lounge etc), only a long walk to the car park and poor water pressure let it down.

a DT option would be good though although the Q hotel out of town heading back to Warwick would be better. The Warwick Hilton is thoroughly grim and appears to have been last refurbed 2 decades ago.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles

i had to collect my car from Norwich when I picked it up in January which meant an overnight stay (but I did save quite a few thousand on my new GTR). I thought thi HI Norwich in the footie ground was great and the suite I had was very spacious. Despite IHG being one of my major chains I tend to avoid HI's but this one was good.

The CP in Stratford upon Avon is one of my go to properties (good rooms, nice lounge etc), only a long walk to the car park and poor water pressure let it down.

a DT option would be good though although the Q hotel out of town heading back to Warwick would be better. The Warwick Hilton is thoroughly grim and appears to have been last refurbed 2 decades ago.
to be fair the HI by the football ground is ok, I've never stayed but I used to take my mother there for breakfast a few years back but the breakfast has now become very cut back, it used to be great nowadays it's just ok........ agree on Hilton Warwick, my lady wanted to go to Warwick this coming weekend but I'm sceptical about staying at the Hilton especially now the pool has gone and it's expensive next Saturday along with every other uk Hilton it seems .
Stratford upon Avon is a beautiful place to visit in the summer so I'm looking forward to the new DT opening.

Last edited by wizla; May 21, 2018 at 2:27 am Reason: typo
Old May 24, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
This hotel is the one on the corner, on the site of the old hospital, at the top end of town. Close to railway station, and easier to get in and out of with a car than some hotels. The car park can get a bit busy though, but there is extra parking close by you can pay for.

It is a nice hotel, I hope Honors benefits roll out fully, they have some nice rooms. Also hope it isn't too expensive!
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Stay coming up- parking £7.50 night. which is slightly cheaper than the nearby car park.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:20 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Looking forward to some stay reports - I have a booking in April^
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Got a couple of rooms booked for May as we are in the area for a wedding. I called them up today to link the reservations as we wanted the rooms together. The member of staff on the telephone casually dropped in that they may well be a Delta (the newish Marriott conversion brand) by the time of our stay. Q Hotels has agreed to move their own brand hotels over to Delta and they heard this week that the Doubletree branded hotels in their portfolio are likely to be converting as well. I think they have 5 or 6 Doubletrees that Q Hotels own, including a few only recently joining Hilton, like this one.

You may want to check in case it impacts those with future reservations. They didn't know the timelines, but the member of staff thought it was going to happen although still TBC.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:46 am

Interesting.
I stayed previously when it was a Q hotel and found it to be a mixed bag. Stratford is obviously a great place to visit and get out, and the location is good. Am hoping things are going to be great for the stay!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:29 am

So far, wow.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by RAPC
I think they have 5 or 6 Doubletrees that Q Hotels own, including a few only recently joining Hilton, like this one.
There has been some reports in the hotelier press about this, and those affected are DT Belfry at Cambridge and Oxford, Westerwood by Glasgow (ish), Forest Pines Humberside, as well as DT Stratford - all going Delta. The change is actually with RBH, who manage Q Hotels, they presumably had an offer from Marriott Delta, who presumably want to expand this sub brand into the UK for the first time. RBH run some of the Marriott Courtyards such as the two in Edinburgh and the one at Luton Airport. Some RBH hotels seem to be staying Hilton, such as DT Edinburgh Central (Bread Street) whereas some other Q Hotels which are unbranded are also joining Delta.. I guess this is waiting for Marriott's media machine before dates (etc) are clear in some launch event, my guess is April, but in the meantime Astley Signs in Gateshead is making up the various big illuminated signs for Delta and in some cases applying for Planning Permission / Consent.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Would be interesting if the Midland in Manchester went Delta.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Would be interesting if the Midland in Manchester went Delta.
From Marriott's perspective I'm sure they would want a good presence in Manchester, though The Midland doesn't strike me as the sort of property Delta would use. Delta's heritage is 1960s Canada / Toronto and they tend to use modern properties in nice rectangular shapes. Delta's branding - compared to DT's biscuit and toiletries - is free bottled water for all, water machines on every floor, higher spec gym and a concept bar. Less focus on loyalty benefits let alone lounges. Their ideal customer is a 30 year old business traveller, and probably male if we were being honest about it. You can swap from DT to Delta in a couple of weeks - spruce up the gym and bar basically, then swap the signage over.

RBH's properties in Manchester are the Hampton in the city centre (which won't easily convert), Holiday Inns West and at the Airport. The Midland is owned by Pandox and operated by Fattal-Jury's., which also own the Leonardo brand directly, so not as an intermediary like RBH.
RAPC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.