Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Amex Priority Pass" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hilton Amex Priority Pass" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Here's the T&C from AMEX's site:
NEW! Priority PassTM Select

Priority Pass Select membership provides access to airport lounges participating in the Priority Pass Select program. You must enroll your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card in the Priority Pass™ Select program to access the benefits. Once enrolled, you will receive your Priority Pass Select card directly from Priority Pass within 10-14 business days. There is no membership fee with your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card. With your Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card you will receive 10 complimentary lounge visits every calendar year. Once your 10 complimentary lounge visits are used, all subsequent lounge visits during the remainder of the same calendar year are subject to a fee of U.S. $27 per person per visit, which will be automatically charged to your Card. To check on your remaining complimentary visit balance, please contact Priority Pass directly. Any unused complimentary lounge visits will be forfeited at the end of each calendar year. Priority Pass Select membership automatically renews on the anniversary date of your enrollment in the Priority Pass Select program. Priority Pass membership may be cancelled by American Express if your Card is cancelled. Priority Pass Select lounge partners and locations are subject to change. To access a lounge, you must show your valid Priority Pass Select card and an airline ticket for travel on the same day for you and each of your guests. This benefit is limited to the Basic Card Member. Additional Card Members are not eligible for this benefit, however, a complimentary visit may be applied to a guest visit, including for Additional Card Members. If you have no complimentary visits available, the Basic Card Member and each guest will be charged $27 per person, per visit. In some lounges, Priority Pass Select member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Lounge fees and rules of participating lounges are subject to change. Priority Pass Select membership is subject to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use. For complete Priority Pass terms and conditions and a listing of participating lounges, please visit www.prioritypass.com/select.

So can I use all 10 passes at once? Ie guest in 9 people? Hmm...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I used mine recently in MEL. I hadn’t gotten the card yet, but the membership number I had worked fine.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
My nagging question: since the Amex / Citi changeover, I now have two Ascend cards.

I signed up for PP, keyed to the Amex number on one of them. Got the welcome mail, PP card, etc.

But my Amex account also happens to say I have an invite to activate a PP account on the OTHER card's "offers" area.

Can an I have two PP accounts and therefore 10 passes per card? Seems like it should work...

Anyone try this?
Late response, but just went through a similar quandry.

I was in the same boat--two Ascend cards with PP actived on one of them. I switched the other (non-PP enrolled) Ascend card to Aspire before activating PP on it. When I called PP to follow-up, I asked them about having two PP memberships on different Amex cards and was told it was fine. Each membership is tied to a specific card, so you can have two memberships and choose which one to use for any given lounge entrance.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
I just find Priority Pass to be useless. It is a benefit they tag on several different credit cards and have yet to find it valuable
I've found it *reasonably* valuable over the past 3 years I've had it with the Citi Prestige card. It's easy - just swipe the card for you and up to 2 guests and you're in. Aspire works the same way.

The PP lounge is almost never going to be as good as your own airline's business-class lounge. I think of each person-visit as worth about $10-15 - a comfy place to sit, a couple drinks, and a snack. Once in a while you run into a lounge that's a rundown dump (CDG) and once in a while you run into a really nice roomy one with good, hot food (FCO, they'll make you a pasta dish to order). But even the rundown dump usually has complimentary drinks and beats sitting in the terminal.

And then there are the restaurants that have joined the program. I'm on an early-afternoon flight out of PDX about once a month, so I always grab lunch at the participating restaurant in the terminal. Sandwich and a tall beer results in no charge other than a tip.

I figure I do about 40 person-visits per year plus a few meals. As sort of a throw-in benefit with a credit card, it's worth it to me.
Beano likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Several
I've used 4 of them so far this year, both times in DEN (2 for me, 2 for a guest) at the restaurant that participates in PP. For $28/person/visit, it's definitely a nice bonus when I have the time during a connection especially when comparing the food against what the United clubs offer. I used the PP app as I forgot my card, but it was simple enough.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by beckoa
[left]

Interesting question.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Technicically it may be possible but many lounges have a guest limit per member. It'd still be considered cardholder + # of guests as a transaction. Say the lounge has a member+2 guest limit you could visit different lounges with 2 guests in the same day in the same airport until 10 access charges is reached.

Originally Posted by beckoa
[left]

Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by budumpst
Aspire has unlimited PP lounge visit + up to 2 guests. I flew out of ORD a week ago and took my aunt there. They just swiped my PP card and no charge came up on my Amex card. I don't remember how long it took for my physical PP card to arrive, but it was more than 1-2 weeks I believe, after my online registration.

Ascend is the one with 10 visits only.
The thread title still says "Amex Aspire," which is really confusing when it should be referring to Ascend
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jamflyer
Interesting question.
Yup.

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Technicically it may be possible but many lounges have a guest limit per member. It'd still be considered cardholder + # of guests as a transaction. Say the lounge has a member+2 guest limit you could visit different lounges with 2 guests in the same day in the same airport until 10 access charges is reached.
Might test this tonight...

Wish me luck.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I've used lounges in MIA, ZRH, NRT, and HKT. They vary (NRT was near worthless, while the Premierclass ZRH lounge was great), but it beats the terminal.

I received my card quite quickly (under 2 weeks?)

Next lounge: DPS, end of August.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
DPS priority pass

Originally Posted by Amelorn
I've used lounges in MIA, ZRH, NRT, and HKT. They vary (NRT was near worthless, while the Premierclass ZRH lounge was great), but it beats the terminal.

I received my card quite quickly (under 2 weeks?)

Next lounge: DPS, end of August.
DPS priority pass lounge is better than the airline lounge (qantas)
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Used the pass at LAX this past Friday. Got to visit the KAL lounge in the Tom Bradley Terminal. Checked in with my physical card on a handheld CC terminal that seemed to be specifically for PP holders. Checked my ID and BP and I was on my way.

It wasn't any better than the Admirals Club in T4 in terms of looks or new-ness, and it was definitely a full notch below the OneWorld Biz Lounge in terms of seating, food/beverage, and ambiance .
Seating was a plentiful inside and the open-air area/deck above the main terminal level was a nice space to sit and listen to music. Lounge was 65-70% full from 5-7 PM.

Bar options were limited, but bottomless Black Label made the trek over from T4 worthwhile.
Food options were just finger foods - a few rolled up sandwiches, and what looked and tasted to be small California rolls, and a cold pasta dish. Saw a few cookies and treats as well. But no full meal options were spotted.

I had 6 hours to kill in LAX, so it was worth the nice walk over to TBIT from T4 for a view of something different. I would not be rushing back however if I only had 2-3 hours to kill at LAX.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
I've found it *reasonably* valuable over the past 3 years I've had it with the Citi Prestige card. It's easy - just swipe the card for you and up to 2 guests and you're in. Aspire works the same way.
With Aspire, there are no limits on # of club use and you + 2 guests are simply let in free, and this is consistent everywhere.
But with Ascend, do they count you + 2 guests as 3 visits (out of the 10 you get), and does every lounge allow up to 2 guests (or more?)?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by evergrn
...with Ascend, do they count you + 2 guests as 3 visits (out of the 10 you get), and does every lounge allow up to 2 guests (or more?)?
2 guests X 3 visits would equal six of your ten freebies, yes. Guest rules vary dramatically, not only by lounge, but with traffic / crowding changes.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I usually fly coach in Europe for short hops. I was sitting in Athens airport early one morning waiting for a flight to Berlin eating a cold breakfast sandwich when it dawned on me that I could be sitting in a lounge. So I went to the Goldstar Lounge and used one of my 10 PP visits and there was a warm breakfast buffet. And good coffee.

There is no PP benefit in my home airport unfortunately. Which sucks. But I hope to use the rest of the free visits this fall and Christmas season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.