FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   [Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1898286-archive-2021-2023-hilton-amex-aspire-200-resort-credit.html)

jbeckett Feb 5, 2021 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Cbreeze2 (Post 33018327)
I will be visiting Las Vegas this coming summer and wanted to use my annual $250 Resort credit towards the rooms costs. Which site do you recommend using to book as there are many? Thanks in advance!

Use the Hilton site if you want to earn points for your stay. www.hilton.com.
Make sure that the hotel is listed on the Hilton resort list. www.hilton.com/resorts

jamesteroh Feb 5, 2021 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Cbreeze2 (Post 33018327)
I will be visiting Las Vegas this coming summer and wanted to use my annual $250 Resort credit towards the rooms costs. Which site do you recommend using to book as there are many? Thanks in advance!

Most vegas properties qualify but check the list to be sure.

I'd use Hilton directly. If you book on a third party site and have to prepay you won't get the resort credit. If you use a third party site make sure it isn't a prepay and you pay the hotel directly.

Cbreeze2 Feb 5, 2021 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 33018490)
Most vegas properties qualify but check the list to be sure.

I'd use Hilton directly. If you book on a third party site and have to prepay you won't get the resort credit. If you use a third party site make sure it isn't a prepay and you pay the hotel directly.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I will book directly on the Hilton site and then post back here to give an update of how it went after my stay. Thanks again

jbeckett Feb 5, 2021 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Cbreeze2 (Post 33018923)
Ok, thanks for the heads up. I will book directly on the Hilton site and then post back here to give an update of how it went after my stay. Thanks again

Read the Wiki at the top of the thread. Advance purchase rates, even via hilton.com, will not get the credit. The credit is just for charges made directly at the hotel - this can include the room if you did not pay in advance.

Cbreeze2 Feb 5, 2021 4:21 pm

Correct, my plan is to prepay a night if needed on the website and then pay for the room in full on arrival at check in.

jamesteroh Feb 5, 2021 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett (Post 33018966)
Read the Wiki at the top of the thread. Advance purchase rates, even via hilton.com, will not get the credit. The credit is just for charges made directly at the hotel - this can include the room if you did not pay in advance.

I am pretty sure in 2019 it worked. I had to prepay the first night and thought I had received a credit for that and then the balance of the credit after the stay. Most vegas properties require you prepay the first night.

Eujeanie Feb 5, 2021 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 33019096)
I am pretty sure in 2019 it worked. I had to prepay the first night and thought I had received a credit for that and then the balance of the credit after the stay. Most vegas properties require you prepay the first night.

Yes, it did work in 2019. 2020 I used it for the restaurants credit. Fingers crossed 2021 we'll be able to actually use it at a resort.

jamesteroh Feb 5, 2021 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 33019100)
Yes, it did work in 2019. 2020 I used it for the restaurants credit. Fingers crossed 2021 we'll be able to actually use it at a resort.

I have a stay in Miami Beach (on points) in March and was hoping to us some of the credit at the bar and restaurant and found out those are closed due to Covid, hopefully it reopens since Florida is pretty much reopened and it will be a popular tourist time. If I find out the bar isn't reopen I may move one of the nights to a paid stay if it's not over $250 to use the creidt. I used to use it in Vegas but since almost every hilton charges a resort fee and Ceasars waives it for their diamonds I have been giving them all my business, not to mention it's nice having the diamond lounges in the hotel.

At least I'm getting my moneys worth out of the card this year, I used up $239 of the airline credit already combing it with my $200 delta voucher I get for being a diamond as a choice gift and I'll use the $20 a month dining credit so I'll be geting $459 out of the credit card even if I don't use the reort fee plus the free night.

I just wish the card would give another benefit like added points if you already qualify for diamond otherwise since that is a huge benefit of the card for people who wouldn't be diamond otherwise.

lv.onlythebrave Feb 7, 2021 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 33019316)
I have a stay in Miami Beach (on points) in March and was hoping to us some of the credit at the bar and restaurant and found out those are closed due to Covid, hopefully it reopens since Florida is pretty much reopened and it will be a popular tourist time. If I find out the bar isn't reopen I may move one of the nights to a paid stay if it's not over $250 to use the creidt. I used to use it in Vegas but since almost every hilton charges a resort fee and Ceasars waives it for their diamonds I have been giving them all my business, not to mention it's nice having the diamond lounges in the hotel.

At least I'm getting my moneys worth out of the card this year, I used up $239 of the airline credit already combing it with my $200 delta voucher I get for being a diamond as a choice gift and I'll use the $20 a month dining credit so I'll be geting $459 out of the credit card even if I don't use the reort fee plus the free night.

I just wish the card would give another benefit like added points if you already qualify for diamond otherwise since that is a huge benefit of the card for people who wouldn't be diamond otherwise.

]

Do you mind sharing how you got the $200 delta voucher?

Adam1222 Feb 7, 2021 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by lv.onlythebrave (Post 33022772)
]

As stated, this is one of the choices elite members can select when hitting Delta Diamond status. It has nothing to do with this card and isn't a trick or anything https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/medallion-program/choice-benefits/choice-benefits.html

jamesteroh Feb 8, 2021 8:12 am

Originally Posted by lv.onlythebrave (Post 33022772)
]

It's a choice benefit for being diamond. There's a few things you can chose from. I always choose the upgrade certs and used to take the 25K skypesos but took the $200 voucher this year instead since I knew about this trip and that I could get the credit generated from it with the Delta voucher.

lv.onlythebrave Feb 9, 2021 2:42 pm

ah ok, i got confused between hilton diamond and delta diamond

Hawkeyefan Feb 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Have a stay coming up at Hilton Marco in March. I will be checking out 1 day before my anniversary date -however the annual fee will hit the same statement that the hotel charges go on. Will be interesting to see if I snag some of the $250 for this stay. I'll report back.

Cbreeze2 Feb 15, 2021 12:17 pm

Booking on Hilton Website

I'm trying to redeem the $250 annual credit to stay at a participating Hilton resort. When I try to book on the Hilton site it asks me to put down a partial deposit. Will I still be able to pay the full stay in full when checking into the hotel? Thanks for your help.

Adam1222 Feb 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Cbreeze2 (Post 33039133)
I'm trying to redeem the $250 annual credit to stay at a participating Hilton resort. When I try to book on the Hilton site it asks me to put down a partial deposit. Will I still be able to pay the full stay in full when checking into the hotel? Thanks for your help.

It's going to depend on the specific property. Is this property in the US?