FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   [Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1898286-archive-2021-2023-hilton-amex-aspire-200-resort-credit.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 2004 1:50 pm

[Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]

Posts older than 2021 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilto Amex Aspire $250 resort credit

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

tyler.north101 Jan 4, 2021 4:37 pm

So about booking the room rate through Expedia or other sites and paying at the hotel with Aspire to trigger the resort credit...but then won't you not earn Hilton Honors points on the stay since the stay was booked through a third party site? Thanks

Adam1222 Jan 4, 2021 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by tyler.north101 (Post 32938341)
So about booking the room rate through Expedia or other sites and paying at the hotel with Aspire to trigger the resort credit...but then won't you not earn Hilton Honors points on the stay since the stay was booked through a third party site? Thanks

I think you've answered your own question. But any rate you pay at a qualifying property, whether booked through Hilton.com, Expedia, jungle monkeys.com, or any other charge you pay at the front desk, whether for a room, a massage, room service, or a private belly dancer, will trigger the credit. Paying with the card does not entitle you to any Honors benefits -including, but not limited to, points accrual, unless the rate you booked entitles you to those benefits.

rocco24 Jan 24, 2021 5:58 pm

Request info

Has any stayed here before (DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point) and got the $250 credit? It is showing in the resort list but I just want to make sure don't want to risk it. Thanks guys in advance.

aquanine Jan 25, 2021 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by rocco24 (Post 32992093)
Has any stayed here before (DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point) and got the $250 credit? It is showing in the resort list but I just want to make sure don't want to risk it. Thanks guys in advance.

It shows up on https://www3.hilton.com/en/resorts/index.html, so it will work. It's no risk - this is how Hilton wants it to work. If it doesn't credit after 2 weeks, then you can chat amex and they'll fix it.

Ingenierodemillas Jan 26, 2021 7:28 am

Pre-pay stay at Hilton La Romana Jan-2022

Hi everyone. I’m trying to pre-pay a night stay at Hilton La Romana in order to get this year’s resort credit. I tried two things:
1) called Honors Diamond desk: they claim they’re not able to pre-pay the stay. The only way would be to book an “advance purchase rate” which is not available for this hotel on the desired dates.
2) called hotel directly: they are reluctant to get my payment, sent me to the Hilton call center. After insisting, they may be able to charge the rate, but they claim it will be under a different brand (they are the hotel’s operator), they claim it won’t come up as “hilton la romana” on the credit card. Then it won’t trigger the credit...

What are your thoughts on this? I’m inclined on trying option 2. If the hotel charges the night directly then Amex should apply the credit, right?
any experience that can be shared on similar cases?
thanks in advance

Adam1222 Jan 26, 2021 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Ingenierodemillas (Post 32995461)
Hi everyone. I’m trying to pre-pay a night stay at Hilton La Romana in order to get this year’s resort credit. I tried two things:
1) called Honors Diamond desk: they claim they’re not able to pre-pay the stay. The only way would be to book an “advance purchase rate” which is not available for this hotel on the desired dates.
2) called hotel directly: they are reluctant to get my payment, sent me to the Hilton call center. After insisting, they may be able to charge the rate, but they claim it will be under a different brand (they are the hotel’s operator), they claim it won’t come up as “hilton la romana” on the credit card. Then it won’t trigger the credit...

What are your thoughts on this? I’m inclined on trying option 2. If the hotel charges the night directly then Amex should apply the credit, right?
any experience that can be shared on similar cases?
thanks in advance

Unfortunately, it is completely up to the individual property to allow you to pay for a stay in advance. It is unclear what "different brand" means, so you are taking a risk.

Ingenierodemillas Jan 26, 2021 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 32995598)
Unfortunately, it is completely up to the individual property to allow you to pay for a stay in advance. It is unclear what "different brand" means, so you are taking a risk.

what the hotel tells me is that the charge will appear as “Playas romana mar” which is the hotel owner. That should also be the case of a charge in person at the hotel, so I guess it should work?

Adam1222 Jan 26, 2021 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ingenierodemillas (Post 32995890)
what the hotel tells me is that the charge will appear as “Playas romana mar” which is the hotel owner. That should also be the case of a charge in person at the hotel, so I guess it should work?

If that is indeed the merchant account the hotel uses for regular stays, probably.

maxmnx Feb 2, 2021 8:26 am

Originally Posted by tfizzle (Post 31963364)
I just stayed at the Doubletree Wine Country in Just south of Santa Rosa (and did a bunch of wine tasting) and to my surprise this is on the "resorts" list and triggered the $225 credit to may account. So it is just not fancy resort style hotels, this was more like a convention/wedding place.

I just checked the Resorts list, and don't see the Doubletree Wine Country on the list any more. Anyone know anything about this? TIA.

jamesteroh Feb 2, 2021 8:47 am

This sucks, I have a stay at the Gale in South Beach in March using points and was going to use the resort credit for a couple nice dinners and found out the restaurant is closed due to covid. Maybe I'll switch one of the nights to a paid night so I can get some use from it

josephstern Feb 2, 2021 10:53 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 33011336)
This sucks, I have a stay at the Gale in South Beach in March using points and was going to use the resort credit for a couple nice dinners and found out the restaurant is closed due to covid. Maybe I'll switch one of the nights to a paid night so I can get some use from it

Florida is pretty aggressive with openings - I'd say there's a chance it'll be open in March.

jamesteroh Feb 2, 2021 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 33011653)
Florida is pretty aggressive with openings - I'd say there's a chance it'll be open in March.

I'm hoping. Especially since I'll be there right after spring break and this is tourist time in Miami and the bars are a big profit center.

tfizzle Feb 3, 2021 9:37 pm

Hmm, yes it is gone. Was really more of a conference/wedding hotel than a resort.

Cbreeze2 Feb 5, 2021 11:15 am

Using Resort Credit to book Room

I will be visiting Las Vegas this coming summer and wanted to use my annual $250 Resort credit towards the rooms costs. Which site do you recommend using to book as there are many? Thanks in advance!