Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Citi is reporting Hilton cards as a closed account to Transunion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi is reporting Hilton cards as a closed account to Transunion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Thanks for this thread. I got a credit score alert with a ~10 point dip and was scratching my head wondering what had done it. I'm still in the far north 700's, so it's not really concerning, but was a bit intriguing at the time.
At the moment my credit report available credit doesn't reflect the limit of my Citi or Amex card so it slightly skews my utilization.

Last edited by BrlDsguise; Feb 11, 2018 at 4:22 am
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I expect two free nights certificates this year because of the transition. The additional free night just about equals any signing bonus.
That was the main reason. I also have a lot of spend I have to get in on my Delta Am Ex cards to keep my status so the extra credit with Am Ex helps. I am also planning on getting an Aspire after my anniversary night and the free night posts and I don't want two hard pulls on my credit.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Thanks for this thread. I got a credit score alert with a ~10 point dip and was scratching my head wondering what had done it. I'm still in the far north 700's, so it's not really concerning, but was a bit intriguing at the time.
I had the exact opposite happen to me. Credit Karma reported I had a closed account, my Citi Hilton Honors card on 1/30. I still haven't received the Amex Hilton card that was to replace it, they sent it to the wrong address and said they'd send it to the right one in a few days. Yesterday, Nerdwallet reported that my credit score had gone UP by 10 points. Weird.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by jalabi99
I had the exact opposite happen to me. Credit Karma reported I had a closed account, my Citi Hilton Honors card on 1/30. I still haven't received the Amex Hilton card that was to replace it, they sent it to the wrong address and said they'd send it to the right one in a few days. Yesterday, Nerdwallet reported that my credit score had gone UP by 10 points. Weird.
Yeah, I think it probably just depends on what actual mechanisms of action get reported when. Closure of account versus change in available credit versus utilization, etc. And the relative impacts of those different things probably differ based on one's individual credit history.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:49 am

Not sure if this is the best place to discuss, but I kept my Citi Reserve because I covered the $10G+ annual spend months ago and my anniversary date was mid January. It was also my oldest card, and already had the AMEX card it was being transitioned to. Sorta between a rock and a hard place. But I still haven't received the email giving me my free night from Citi. Anyone else in a similar situation? I guess I'll give Citi a call in a few more days if I don't get anything. Anyone have .02?
Thanks,
Rollo
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rollo413
Not sure if this is the best place to discuss, but I kept my Citi Reserve because I covered the $10G+ annual spend months ago and my anniversary date was mid January. It was also my oldest card, and already had the AMEX card it was being transitioned to. Sorta between a rock and a hard place. But I still haven't received the email giving me my free night from Citi. Anyone else in a similar situation? I guess I'll give Citi a call in a few more days if I don't get anything. Anyone have .02?
Thanks,
Rollo
They were typically emailed precisely 1 month after your anniversary date.
rollo413 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rollo413
Thanks,
Rollo
My Citi Reserve Visa account anniversary date was around January 10. I met the $10k spend requirement at the middle of 2017. I did not receive an email, but a "CITI RC FREE WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE" posted to my account under the 'All Points Activity' link on the HH website about a week ago.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
My citi anniversary date is until sometime this summer (It was whenever Citi rolled out the reserve card) and I received an email this morning congratulating me on $10K in spend on my am ex card (even though I never used it) so I'm assuming it's from the citi spend. Thing is now is to decide to get the aspire or try to put $15K more in spend in for another free night.

The email gave me a code I'm suppose to use to redeem. I can't see it posted in my account but I may be looking in the wrong spot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.