FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1890498-waldorf-astoria-maldives-ithaafushi-mdv.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 04 2:50 pm

Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Posts older than 2019 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Waldorf Astora Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

brodielayne Feb 25, 19 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by NightFury1 (Post 30819973)
$200+t for Reef Villa (Deck is over water, Entrance is on land, for a lack of a better word, this is a "poor man's" over water)
$400+t for Over Water Villa

I was quoted the same prices. I had a similar style room as the reef villa when I stayed at Hilton Moorea, and thought it was a great room. Deck over water, but close enough on land to ice, restaurants, etc. Still looking for more data points before I make a selection.

mb123 Feb 25, 19 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by msg75 (Post 30819596)
Considering biting on a 5-night points stay @ WA. Just out of curiosity, is the $740 +taxes +service RT boat transfer the highest in the Maldives? Just a quick perusal of some other properties it seems like it is, even more than seaplane transfers. Amortized over 5 nights we're talking $300+/night for a couple. It's obviously not about the money, per se, as the point redemption is a tremendous value, but it does leave a bit of a bad taste as it seems excessive.

Its difficult to compare the boat transfer prices, as WA is or will be the only hotel using a big yacht for a shared transfer. Rethi Rah is charging 300++ for a shared yacht transfer(smaller yacht) or 400++ shared seaplane p.p. one way.
Other resorts like Cheval Blanc, Velaa, St.Regis... are offering private transfers with similar yachts, approx. costs 2500-3000 ++ p.hour.

brodielayne Feb 25, 19 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by mb123 (Post 30820257)

Its difficult to compare the boat transfer prices, as WA is or will be the only hotel using a big yacht for a shared transfer. Rethi Rah is charging 300++ for a shared yacht transfer(smaller yacht) or 400++ shared seaplane p.p. one way.
Other resorts like Cheval Blanc, Velaa, St.Regis... are offering private transfers with similar yachts, approx. costs 2500-3000 ++ p.hour.

I was quoted $7,500 for a private transfer!!

mb123 Feb 25, 19 1:15 pm

One way or return, max.pax?
one &only charges 6000++ return, 12 pax max.

brodielayne Feb 25, 19 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by mb123 (Post 30820397)
One way or return, max.pax?
one &only charges 6000++ return, 12 pax max.

The price quoted was return. I should add, it was $7,500 ++.

mb123 Feb 25, 19 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by soccerguy985 (Post 30819898)
I've started looking for private operators to do transfers to Walfdorf. It looks like Waldorf is only 15 Miles from the airport. It looks like speedboats are going for $25 a mile, so that should be about $375 one way for as many people as the boat can hold. Waiting for Atoll Transfers to get back to me though.

You can contact the local boat/tour operaters directly via websites like
https://www.getmyboat.com/boat-renta...ale--Maldives/

brandonpkt Feb 26, 19 6:26 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne (Post 30820088)
I was quoted the same prices. I had a similar style room as the reef villa when I stayed at Hilton Moorea, and thought it was a great room. Deck over water, but close enough on land to ice, restaurants, etc. Still looking for more data points before I make a selection.

What week/month is your stay where you were provided the $200/night quote to upgrade to the Reef Villa? Good reference for the rest of us as quotes are likely to vary by the week/month like at Conrad

brodielayne Feb 26, 19 9:12 am

Originally Posted by brandonpkt (Post 30822919)

What week/month is your stay where you were provided the $200/night quote to upgrade to the Reef Villa? Good reference for the rest of us as quotes are likely to vary by the week/month like at Conrad

It was for October.

dcht Feb 26, 19 9:45 am

Does anyone know how much a kayak rental would be from Male to the Waldorf? With it only being 15 miles away, an experienced kayaker such as myself would be able to make the trip in under 5 hours. Would save me a ton of money by not having to pay for the ridiculous luxury yacht transfer.

EDIT: I was totally kidding.

Troopers Feb 26, 19 9:50 am

Originally Posted by dcht (Post 30823494)
Does anyone know how much a kayak rental would be from Male to the Waldorf? With it only being 15 miles away, an experienced kayaker such as myself would be able to make the trip in under 5 hours. Would save me a ton of money by not having to pay for the ridiculous luxury yacht transfer.

Are you serious? What about your luggage? Traveling companions?

pineapple_09 Feb 26, 19 10:59 am

Yeah my first thought was what about the luggage!

tangey Feb 26, 19 11:07 am

He's gotta be kiddin'.... right ?

Traveler Dave Feb 26, 19 12:57 pm

Problem solved!

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 30823520)
Are you serious? What about your luggage? Traveling companions?

Problem solved.

scwam Feb 26, 19 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by dcht (Post 30823494)

I'm making a stab here in the dark here.... You're British right? A close British friend of mine would have done exactly this, but without actually paying to stay as a guest at the hotel :D(aka beach 'resort' sleep)