FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   “Points Unlimited” Rolls Out Jan 1, 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1883650-points-unlimited-rolls-out-jan-1-2018-a.html)

Eujeanie Jan 4, 2018 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles (Post 29251010)
I will not be happy until we have the Q3FN promotion come back :D

It could not have been very exciting since I don't even remember it...

What I DO remember is years ago where you got double points for a 2-nt stay, triple points for a 3-nt stay, quadruple points for a 4-Nt stay - now THAT was a great promo!

jxd Jan 4, 2018 6:49 pm

Does this count as a stay?

First night: Normal rate
Second night: Airline rate (Non-Commissionable Rate)
Third night: Airline rate (Non-Commissionable Rate)

Eujeanie Jan 4, 2018 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by jxd (Post 29251568)
Does this count as a stay?

Looks like a one-night stay to me.

milesmilesmiles Jan 4, 2018 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 29251414)
It could not have been very exciting since I don't even remember it...!

This may refresh your memory.....

http://loyaltytraveler.boardingarea....ing-miles-too/

sdsearch Jan 4, 2018 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 29249419)
if need to stay 2 consecutive nights, each of 2 hilton members in the household booking & staying for 1 night should earn pts; will reward stay at embassy suites w/o incidental charges earn bonus pts? TIA

If the second person gets a totally new room and doesn't mention anything about wanting to keep the first person's room from the first night, then probably, though it might depend on if you have separate accounts or not. (If you can manage to overlap the first person's check-out with the second person's check-in, you can just move your stuff directly from one room to other other. But if you can't, you have to move out of one room and later move into another.)

Otherwise, you risk the hotel combining the reservations in such a way that only person gets credit for both nights. So to keep it separate, and to have each person earn a bonus, you have to not give the hotel any clue that the two reservations are related.

stevie Jan 5, 2018 7:48 am

Not great for me, hopefully better next Q.

Voodoo Daddy Jan 5, 2018 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 29250208)
One night NYE for me credited both​​​ promos.

+1

danhouston Jan 5, 2018 9:56 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 29251745)
If the second person gets a totally new room and doesn't mention anything about wanting to keep the first person's room from the first night, then probably, though it might depend on if you have separate accounts or not. (If you can manage to overlap the first person's check-out with the second person's check-in, you can just move your stuff directly from one room to other other. But if you can't, you have to move out of one room and later move into another.)

Otherwise, you risk the hotel combining the reservations in such a way that only person gets credit for both nights. So to keep it separate, and to have each person earn a bonus, you have to not give the hotel any clue that the two reservations are related.

geez, seems risky or bonus likely could get combined; likely best for the 1st person to go to another property & atst get closer to the 5-stay bonus. Thx

now if Lauren @ Hilton or any folks on here would confirm if a reward stay w/o an incidental charges at any hilton properties will earn bonus pts? TIA

Westcoaster Jan 5, 2018 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles (Post 29251010)
I will not be happy until we have the Q3FN promotion come back :D

The Q3FNs were wonderful! Today I was going through some old travel stuff and was reminded of a free stay in Atlanta back in 2010 using Q3FN certs. They won't bring them back because they were too generous by today's standards.

gummibar Jan 5, 2018 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 29253917)
geez, seems risky or bonus likely could get combined; likely best for the 1st person to go to another property & atst get closer to the 5-stay bonus. Thx

now if Lauren @ Hilton or any folks on here would confirm if a reward stay w/o an incidental charges at any hilton properties will earn bonus pts? TIA

I had a three nights points stay at Hilton Kuala Lumpur from 29 Dec 2017 to 1 Jan 2018 and I received this on my Points Activity Detail:

2018 HH1 POINTS UNLIMITED BONUS OFFER 2000

I did not have any incidental charges at this property thus I can safely say it will earn bonus points?

Konismarck Jan 6, 2018 3:40 am

Hilton 2018 Q1 Promotion Strategy

BotB Jan 6, 2018 4:55 am

I appreciate the OP's enthusiasm, however, the article Albert wrote is flawed if I read it right (and someone will correct me I'm sure if I have got this wrong)...

Albert (the article writer) states 10 nights at 50k points would equal 50k points due to the promotion...this would only be true if the nights were also 1 night stays (so not consecutive). So, best not book the flights to Egypt just yet I think, unless you wish to hotel hop between two close locations each day.

Maybe I have this wrong...

craigthemif Jan 6, 2018 5:52 am

Originally Posted by BotB (Post 29257068)
I appreciate the OP's enthusiasm, however, the article Albert wrote is flawed if I read it right (and someone will correct me I'm sure if I have got this wrong)...

Albert (the article writer) states 10 nights at 50k points would equal 50k points due to the promotion...this would only be true if the nights were also 1 night stays (so not consecutive). So, best not book the flights to Egypt just yet I think, unless you wish to hotel hop between two close locations each day.

Yes, you would have to hotel hop every night in order to earn 2,000 per stay and 10,000 every fifth stay (2K per stay). Plus the 1K Diamond amenity.

Or simply drop 1 night stays and/or mattress runs into longer trips. Unless you happen to live close to a Category 1...

cjd Jan 6, 2018 5:52 am

Originally Posted by BotB (Post 29257068)

Agreed, it would have to be ten 1 night stays, so would involve a lot of hotel hopping and it's some distance between all those hotels in Egypt. Also, not sure if the ban on UK flights to Sharm El Sheikh has been lifted. Don't think it has. Also, don't take too much notice of the google map showing Cat 1 and 2 hotels as it is out of date.

Richmond_Surrey Jan 6, 2018 6:44 am

No ban on electronics in Poland and you can hop between: Hilton Garden Inn Rzeszow and Hampton by Hilton Krakow. HGI in Rzeszow is quite good, can't comment on Hampton in Krakow. But 10 stays would require a bit of time.