Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans French Quarter {US-LA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans French Quarter {US-LA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Arrow Homewood Suites by Hilton New Orleans French Quarter {US-LA}

This is a fairly new Hilton property in NOLA. We're planning a 5 night stay here in March. Couldn't find a master thread on this property. Has anyone stayed here? Pros & Cons? Location on Rampart St. looks very convenient. http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...RHW/index.html

Last edited by philemer; Nov 23, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
My personal opinion in visiting New Orleans way too many times. Do not stay in the french quarter.

Stay on the other side of Canal Street. The Embassy Suites, HGI and even the Hampton Inn are great hotels. Less than a 10 minute walk to the french quarter and much, much quieter
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcohen999
My personal opinion in visiting New Orleans way too many times. Do not stay in the french quarter.

Stay on the other side of Canal Street. The Embassy Suites, HGI and even the Hampton Inn are great hotels. Less than a 10 minute walk to the french quarter and much, much quieter
Agree, but we're looking for a kitchen so we can cook a few meals. Too expensive to eat out every meal for 5+ days (and the free breakfast doesn't look that great). Also, it's on the northern border of the FQ so shouldn't be too raucous (hope, hope).

Last edited by philemer; Nov 24, 2017 at 8:18 pm
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Agree, but we're looking for a kitchen so we can cook a few meals. Too expensive to eat out every meal for 5+ days (and the free breakfast doesn't look that great). Also, it's on the northern border of the FQ so shouldn't be too raucous (hope, hope).
I would look at http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/...CES/index.html

I've stayed there a few nights. Decent breakfast, great location nice sized rooms.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I would look at http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/...CES/index.html

I've stayed there a few nights. Decent breakfast, great location nice sized rooms.
No stove tops but the ES does serve a decent breakfast. Is your only complaint with the Homewood Suites it's location? Too much noise? This Homewwod is rated #1 and ES #72 on TA.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:19 am

No stove tops but the ES does serve a decent breakfast. Is your only complaint with the Homewood Suites it's location? Too much noise? This Homewwod is rated #1 and ES #72 on TA.
There is a reason hotels in the french quarter, especially near Bourbon offer earplugs to their guests
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There is a reason hotels in the french quarter, especially near Bourbon offer earplugs to their guests
There are 33 reviews on TA that mention the word "noise" or "noisy" and all but one said noise was not an issue. One person complained about street noise and sirens. Also, "earplugs" was not mentioned at all. Most reviewers said they were far enough away from Bourbon street that noise was not a concern. This may be because it's newly built and has thick glass windows? I'm still considering the ES and a Marriott RI.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:08 am

Fair enough. I still stand by recommendation. The French Quarter is a nice place to visit...wouldn't want to stay there
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Fair enough. I still stand by recommendation. The French Quarter is a nice place to visit...wouldn't want to stay there
Appreciate your feedback. Every little bit helps. ^
lcohen999 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Diff. between a King Studio and a King Premium Studio, Homewood Suites

What are the differences between the two rooms? Can't tell by looking at website. This is in regards to the one in the FQ in NOLA. The "Premium" is priced at 35K pts more.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 22, 2018 at 8:16 pm
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
What are the differences between the two rooms? Can't tell be looking at website. This is in regards to the one in the FQ in NOLA. The "Premium" is priced at 35K pts more.
I just looked at the website and to me the differences are clear (if irrelevant) - Premium includes premium wifi, a Keurig coffeemaker, and snacks replenished daily. Yawn.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:07 pm

What are the differences between the two rooms? Can't tell be looking at website. This is in regards to the one in the FQ in NOLA. The "Premium" is priced at 35K pts more.
Did you call the property and ask? Seems like that would get you the most accurate answer.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld

Did you call the property and ask? Seems like that would get you the most accurate answer.
Yup. After being on hold for a couple minutes I hung up. Hoping to hear from someone who actually has stayed in, or looked at, BOTH rooms.

Probably a yawn.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
The "Premium" is the price, like insurance. It works two ways.

If you don't buy it and find the room is next to the freeway or the dumpster, when you complain, you will be told that you could have chosen the "Premium" room.

If you do pay for premium and have complaints they will tell you that you got the "Premium" room and that the standard room was even worse.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
The "Premium" is the price, like insurance. It works two ways.

If you don't buy it and find the room is next to the freeway or the dumpster, when you complain, you will be told that you could have chosen the "Premium" room.

If you do pay for premium and have complaints they will tell you that you got the "Premium" room and that the standard room was even worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.