Search

Diamond...and 4 adults in room

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Diamond...and 4 adults in room

Hi all,

Diamond status gives free breakfast for me and my spouse, but what happens if we are 4 adults in the same room? I suppose I will get free breakfast only for two, and the other two guests will have to pay the breakfast extra, am I right?

Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You are only entitled to breakfast for 2. Even though they aren't required to some hotels will provide extra benefits for others staying in the same room (more often this will be provided for children), others will not.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
Hi all,

Diamond status gives free breakfast for me and my spouse, but what happens if we are 4 adults in the same room? I suppose I will get free breakfast only for two, and the other two guests will have to pay the breakfast extra, am I right?

Thanks
ymmv will vary, helps you are HHD v HHG

Totally ddepends on generosity of hotel, breakfast+lounge is HHD plus a second guest occupyng same room.

As we all know most HH hotels where HHD books 2rooms/night allow lounge/b'fast to second room too even if no 2nd room upgrade.
Same could be true of an HHDs 4ppn room, but as no 2nd room revenue to hotel , may not apply quite as often.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A lot depends on location. Some places stick to the rules on everything. Other places could care less. Be prepared for "no" and be pleasantly surprised with "yes".
hi55us likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 8:27 am

From my experience, Hilton outside of US gave free breakfast to more than 2 in room about 80% of the time, but some charge extra for more than 2 in room. Hilton inside US gave free breakfast to more than 2 in room about 20% of the time, but none ever charges for 4 or less in room.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My experience: if the hotel is handing out breakfast vouchers at the front desk, they had out 2 adult breakfasts. For places with buffets on the like, we'll sometimes just eat the buffet every other day (4 people) and go out for breakfast the other days.

However, if the hotel has a lounge, my experience has been that they add access to all of the room keys for the room. If the room sleeps 4 and you ask for 4 keys, all can enter the lounge.

Granted, I only do this once or twice a year so my "4 adult" scenarios are a pretty short list of anecdotes. Always in 2-queen rooms in which 4 people are allowed to begin with. None of these trips at a hotel with a lounge so amazing that they're likely to tightly control admission.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I've had 3 or 4 visits this year with 4 adults and got breakfast for all 4. Have yet to be denied but always keep the rule in mind. Most FD Agents don't mind putting in 4 vouchers if you ask politely.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:57 am

Why on earth would you put four adults in a room? That doesn't sound like a vacation to me. It sounds like a college dorm room.
stevie likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by TTT103
Why on earth would you put four adults in a room? That doesn't sound like a vacation to me. It sounds like a college dorm room.
There are properties the have 2+ BR options available.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
At an Embassy or Homewood Suite with 2 beds it's no problem at all. Plenty of room for 4 people.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
I stayed at the Doubletree Thornton CO on points and received two breakfast vouchers for our party of 4, in one room.

No sense in complaining and I gladly paid for breakfast for the other two.

This has been my normal experience, but I have had many full service Hiltons let more than my guest into the lounge.

It also helps if the lounge attendants remember that you tip.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:57 am

Who said they are on vacation?

Maybe they're doing volunteer work, paying their own way, to help an area recover from a disaster.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hi55us
At an Embassy or Homewood Suite with 2 beds it's no problem at all. Plenty of room for 4 people.
Those two brands offer free BK to all guests, so if he was booked there, he would not have had to make this post.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
One brand where I've had 4 adults in a room was Doubletree Suites. (In addition to Homewood, Embassy, HGVC, etc.) 2 queens plus sofabed. Wasn't too bad.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:26 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
On the other end of the spectrum...I just finished a stay in Asia whereas I didn't have anywhere to be until noon. They offer Diamonds the opportunity to have breakfast in the lounge or in the main restaurant...

Jetlagged, I was up at 5AM and was first in the door when breakfast started in the restaurant at 6AM, and checked my name off of the list. Breakfast went until 11AM in the lounge. I went and had my own 'brunch' in the lounge right at 11 as they were closing, thus double dipping.

Was this wrong of me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.